Fully stuck at apple logo screen

iExchange

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed Lion on my PC and after a restart, at the volume choosing screen of course I selected my Lion partition, so after that here comes the white apple logo screen.

I have waited for 5 mins and it still sits there(the round spinning thing under the apple logo did not even appear), the indicator light on my PC is flashing though.

Can anyone please help solve this problem? I really need this for my work.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have installed Lion on my PC and after a restart, at the volume choosing screen of course I selected my Lion partition, so after that here comes the white apple logo screen.

I have waited for 5 mins and it still sits there(the round spinning thing under the apple logo did not even appear), the indicator light on my PC is flashing though.

Can anyone please help solve this problem? I really need this for my work.

Thanks in advance!

Try verbose or safe boot

Hello, I have tried -v and it ended up stuck at the "PCI configuration begin" message in the "command line" thing,

however when I was installing lion(booting from my lion USB), i actually successfully passed thru the PCI config begin message.

Also I have tried -x too, and the result is - also stuck at apple logo without the spinning thing under it.

Please help, thanks tons!

Hello, I have tried -v and it ended up stuck at the "PCI configuration begin" message in the "command line" thing,

however when I was installing lion(booting from my lion USB), i actually successfully passed thru the PCI config begin message.

Also I have tried -x too, and the result is - also stuck at apple logo without the spinning thing under it.

Please help, thanks tons!

You will not see the spinning wheel (busy) under it after it passed thru the "PCI config begin"; you just have to watch your HD disk activity LED as it continues to boot OS X Lion. If you don't have the HD disk activity LED lit, then you have a problem.

You will not see the spinning wheel (busy) under it after it passed thru the "PCI config begin"; you just have to watch your HD disk activity LED as it continues to boot OS X Lion. If you don't have the HD disk activity LED lit, then you have a problem.

It was blinking frequently and sometimes not blinking, then sometimes it light up solidly for a few secs, now that I hv waited for five minutes and it stopped blinking. I'm still at the pci config begin.

How can I identify the problem?

I'm quite worried, please continue giving your helping hands, thanks!