zurie

Did this installer work for you?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Did this installer work for you?

• Yes
    • No

6 posts in this topic

https://rapidshare.com/files/3930278393/X58..._2.0_FF.pkg.zip

Here is a package I created to ease in the installation of a X58A-UD3R v 2.0 FF motherboard.

This package enables sound, ethernet, USB 3.0, installs a customized DSDT, SMBIOS (MacPro 4,1), and a com.apple.boot.plist

This package does not install chameleon, so you still have to do that on your own, but it should take care of everything else.

This was tested in LION GM:

Shutdown = works

Sleep = (manually works through apple menu, self sleep doesn't seem to fully work. - fans and computer stays on, display turns off - but everything restores properly)

Restart = works

QE/CI = works

PCI Configuration Begin = fixed

please respond and let me know if you run into any issues or if you'd like to see anything else added? I know [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is a great tool for most, but this one is tailored for our specific board. Also if you have any improvements on kexts or any edits please let me know! :) thanks!

Looks great! One thing I learned that may help with the auto-sleep is checking "startup after a power failure" in system preferences -> energy saver. My auto-sleep now sometimes works but not always- need a little more time w/the system to figure out why it doesn't always work. Did you ever need to apply the CMOS-reset fix by binary patching AppleRTC.kext?

Just applied it today. I will test it after work. I've been following the other threads about CMOS reset 10.7 where USB hubs and Bluetooth have effect on sleep restore or not. Etc.

I think the only time my soft sleep isn't working is because of the BD drive- I read when there is a disk kept in the drive it can properly sleep- seems to be the cause when Safari is open- something stops it from shutting off the whole computer + fans, etc. Otherwise, the system seems very fast and stable. Wayyy better than Snow Leopard...

Only issue I have in console is this:

IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...