Making a DSDT for Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) sandy bridge

hisho

126 posts in this topic

Hi, could sb make my DSDT file work with my Dell Inspiron N5110? I use OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (12C54).

My hardware:

Intel Core i7 2.19GHz

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Not working:

NVDIA GeForce GT 525M

HDMI port

WiFi (I have Intel Centrino, so now I use nano USB card utill I got an Aethers or working Dell card)

Audio Input (Intel High Definition IDT audio)

Thanks for help!

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi MadL0n and everybody,

I've got a ML 10.8.2 working at Inspiron 15R N5110 - I5 2410M - Intel Hd3000. With sound working - lastest voodoohda, trackpad working without gestures, lan realtek working at 10mbps, but it seems unstable. I'm working with about a month, and seems when I use many the processor (many applications, wmware) happens some freeze, the system just hangs. I believe thats cause my DSDT, someone made a right DSDT for me? Or send me the corrects patches....I just up side down the internet and tryed with many DSDTs, but none works. Ioreg, kextstat and my actual DSDT.aml is attached.

Thank's a lot!!

Leonardo Azevedo.

ioreg.txt

kextstat.txt

DSDT.aml.zip

you have update your bios with the bios in the guide? and update your system for 10.8.3. don`t use DSDT from other machine, Extract your clean DSDT and post here, delete this kexts/RepairPermissions/reboot use app Kext Wizard

ATI

- ATI2400Controller.kext

- ATI2600Controller.kext

- ATI3800Controller.kext

- ATI4600Controller.kext

- ATI4800Controller.kext

- ATI5000Controller.kext

- ATI6000Controller.kext

- ATIFramebuffer.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia

- GeForce.kext

- GeForceGA.plugin

- GeForceGLDriver.bundle

- GeForceVADriver.bundle

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext

- NVDAGK100Hal.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- NVSMU.kext

AMD

- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle

- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm desperatley looking for a black screen fix for the i5 Sandy bridge, no nvidia..

The DSDT provided in the guide works, except I have to have HDMI plugged in, and get no image on the laptop at any time.

I have extracted the original DSDT, but looking for either the patches for that (to include all thats on the guide one) or for the guide DSDT to be modded to fix the black screen..

Thanks

Archive.zip extracted

DSDT.aml.zip no nvidia from guide

• Like 2

I'm desperatley looking for a black screen fix for the i5 Sandy bridge, no nvidia..

The DSDT provided in the guide works, except I have to have HDMI plugged in, and get no image on the laptop at any time.

I have extracted the original DSDT, but looking for either the patches for that (to include all thats on the guide one) or for the guide DSDT to be modded to fix the black screen..

Thanks

attachicon.gifArchive.zip extracted

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip no nvidia from guide

Did you try dsdt provided by Maldon ? 

I too followed the guide but I also have my mac working only through hdmi and I dont have a screen I can connect to everytime.

Has anyone of us has got their Dell Inspiron n5110 completely working?

Did you try dsdt provided by Maldon ? 

I too followed the guide but I also have my mac working only through hdmi and I dont have a screen I can connect to everytime.

Has anyone of us has got their Dell Inspiron n5110 completely working?

Ive now managed to patch the DSDT to the point that wifi / bluetooth works with vanilla kext, hdmi works correctly, no black screen, audio with appleHDA, sleep / resume, everything basically but hdmi audio..

I did have issues with ableton live and an external usb soundcard, so had to resort to voodooHDA, not even sure hdmi audio is supported on that?

I didnt patch it myself, or I did, but only with the help of RehabMan providing me the correct patches to apply..

Ive now managed to patch the DSDT to the point that wifi / bluetooth works with vanilla kext, hdmi works correctly, no black screen, audio with appleHDA, sleep / resume, everything basically but hdmi audio..

I did have issues with ableton live and an external usb soundcard, so had to resort to voodooHDA, not even sure hdmi audio is supported on that?

I didnt patch it myself, or I did, but only with the help of RehabMan providing me the correct patches to apply..

What are the specs of your laptop? If we have similar laptops can you please point me to the right direction to atleast get my laptop screen working first. If you can please help me patch my latop too. Thanks.

What are the specs of your laptop? If we have similar laptops can you please point me to the right direction to atleast get my laptop screen working first. If you can please help me patch my latop too. Thanks.

This is my friends laptop, rather than mine, I use a pro book.

the dell is an i5, no nvidia, dell 1702 wifi..

You can try the patches to your DSDT that I used to get it working 100%..

I take no credit, RehabMan gave me the fixes, I just applied them after.

You can try my friends DSDT file, its attached in one of my previous posts, you will need to apply these patches to it though as they havent been on the uploaded one.

Failing that, you can try the one from the n5110 guide, but try one thats been updated on the first page for 10.8.4 or later, as I think they have been updated, the first doesnt even have wifi patched.

# Use this patch if your laptop has the standard 1366x768 screen
#
# Use dual-link if you have 1600x900 or have upgraded
# to 1080p screen.
#

#   Inject HDMI info into GFX0/IGPU 
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

wifi patch & hdef patch (appleHDA)

# Adaptation of 08_AR9285.txt from ProBook 4x30s patches

into method label _DSM parent_label PXSX parent_label RP04 remove_entry;

#   Airport fix works with vanilla IO80211 kext

into device label PXSX parent_label RP04 insert
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "device-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x30, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,slot-name",\n
        Buffer() { "AirPort" },\n
        "device_type",\n
        Buffer() { "AirPort" },\n
        "model",\n
        Buffer() { "Atheros 9285 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter" },\n
        "subsystem-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-vendor-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;
#   Inject Audio info
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "hda-gfx",\n
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "layout-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "PinConfigurations",\n
        Buffer() { }\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

brightness control fix 9may or may not be required)

#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

I m new to patching dsdt and I've never patched a dsdt. Can someone patch my dsdt so that I can have my Mac working so that i dont have to connect an HDMI to look at my desktop everytime as i have a black screen on my laptop and have my audio (in/out) working at the very least.

Here are my specs:
Dell Inspiron N5110 (Bought in early Fall 2011)
Intel Core i5 2410M 2.3GHz
6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Intel HD3000 Graphics
Intel Centrino Wireless N1030
Realtek PCIe Family Controller

Thanks.

dsdtssdt.zip

It's quite easy to patch a DSDT actually, especially if you don't have any errors with your clean/extracted DSDT. You didn't not upload a clean, DSDT. It's best to extract your own and patch it; make sure you have your latest BIOS update before doing this.. Intel wifi is most likely problematic and you'll probably have to replace it. 

See the link:

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

It's quite easy to patch a DSDT actually, especially if you don't have any errors with your clean/extracted DSDT. You didn't not upload a clean, DSDT. It's best to extract your own and patch it; make sure you have your latest BIOS update before doing this.. Intel wifi is most likely problematic and you'll probably have to replace it. 

See the link:

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

Can I use my current dsdt and add a patch to get my laptop's internal LCD working and the audio working. I dont want to mess up my working system.

"subsystem-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n

is wrong.

8F is for subsystem of device id 2A (ar9280) of apple card.

so go ahead and remove that line .. its not needed

Thanka, but Im no expert, but the patch certainly works with the dell 1702 atheros card without any issues.

Can I use my current dsdt and add a patch to get my laptop's internal LCD working and the audio working. I dont want to mess up my working system.

Yes, as the enthusiast said, its better to do it that way..

If yours is working, just apply the above patches, save a copy of yours working, apply one patch at a time, and restart, if at any point it fails to boot, boot with DSDT=no, and put your old one back in place..

just remember to use GraphicsEnabler=No when applying graphics patches to DSDT.

The only thing that I couldnt get working was HDMI audio, The enthusiast has been trying to help me resolve that, but so far no joy, Ive kind of put it on hold to resolve an issue with ableton live throwing cpu usage up high and crashing the laptop, but when using appleHDA audio was playing double speed for some reason.

Ive gone of topic, sorry lol

You said you were able to fix bluetooth via DSDT. Is this true?

If I remember correctly bluetooth worked, but was not very reliable, we had to keep cycling that and wifi to make it work using the "f2" button i think it is on the dell laptop.

I also have an old wifi kext that i'm sure used to make it work without DSDT mod.. 

would need testign though, as im on a probook and dont have my friends laptop here

For some reason I'm able to boot into my Hackintosh perfectly with DSDT=No, I get a panic when I dont use this flag, I have just applied the display patch mentioned in one of the previous post to the dsdt provided in the guide. I dont need an hdmi and my audio, ethernet and graphics card work perfectly. The only things that are not working are my trackpad (ALPS pointing...), wifi(intel centrino n1030), artifacts on my screen, and audio is really bad, feel like my speakers will tear.

Also do you guys know why I'm able to sign in on iCloud and Appstore but not on facetime. I have null as my serial number in system report. How do i get a serial number.

Please can anybody help me to patch my DSDT file and prepaire to me the boot install with all nessesary files and drivers to install Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 to my DEL Inspiron N5110 with this characteristic:

Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8GB
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

You can find all my pc system information in the attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Enthusiast,

I patched my own DSDT but I don't have yet my system able to sleep. This feature is very important to me, I have the same specs that swapnik:

Dell Inspiron N5110
Intel Core i5 2410M 2.3GHz
6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Intel HD3000 Graphics
Intel Centrino Wireless N1030
Realtek PCIe Family Controller

I'm not a DSDT expert, so may you help me with this?

Thanks,

Leo.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I am willing to try my best to apply what I know. Sleep has a few perquisites, so to speak; you need AppleIntelCPUPowermanagment.kext working (patched or BIOS mod), along with a few DSDT patches, and no SleepEnabler.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext in S/L/E. First step is to fix the DSDT. Upload your clean DSDT, but first ensure that you have the latest BIOS update. 

Also, I'm not certain, but I believe that your wifi card may not work.