Maybe someone else will find this on google or here.. it might work on others with similar hardware like the c300
leave a reply if your hardware worked with this kext file for wifi
Installing Hazzard 10.6.6i on a Compaq C500
This Worked and was tested on a Compaq Presario C500 1.73ghz processor
this device shipped with some different configurations and in general this will work for most. DO NOT USE THIS and close the lid to the computer when on, it will not sleep automatically. To Sleep click sleep in the menu. not Doing so may result in hardware overheating, which isn't good right.
What doesn't work:
Sleep when lids is closed(only menu driven sleep cmd works)
Microphone doesn't work
ONLY scrolling portion of trackpad(basic mouse functions work)
Apple's 10.6.8 update
1. During Startup hit f10 to go into bios
2. Disable sata and also make sure boot order is cd before harddrive f10 to save
3. insert 10.6.6i dvd and let boot this will take about 5 minutes to load up
4.select language, and click arrow
5.goto utilities and disk utility to partition your drive
6.disk utility->quit in the menu when finished
9.select partition to install on and hit customize
10.select the following options
11. Click Ok
12. Click Install
13. wait About 15-20 minutes while installing
14. let the computer reboot and take out dvd
15. Follow the prompts till you get into osx
16.put in a flash drive with google "kext utility 32 bit" and iopcifamily.kext(attached) this one worked for me I found 5 that didn't work. this one was also from http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1711895
17.drag kext file onto kext utility in finder
18.enter password into kext utility and let it do its thing till you see it say reboot
19. goto application folder and open disk utility and select the drive partition and click repair disk permissions
20.when that complete reboot
21.goto settings -> network.. and setup your soon to be detected airport card...
23.enter bios with f10 again
24.re-enable sata and f10 to save..
25.Enjoy and Please share any kext files that help fix any unresolved issues
I really hope this helps someone..