• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

puciak

puciak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Does this method give any OpenGL support or is it only cosmetic change?

sweatshopking

sweatshopking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok.... i tried about a year ago to get OSX on my toshiba tecra. i got it installed, but didn't stick with it because of the intel HD issue. i'm pretty much totally new at this, and was wondering if any of you knew a link to a stupid easy guide to do all this kext stuff..... I'm not really sure how to do it all. I'll do a fresh snow leopard (or should i do lion?) install when i get the chance. Any advice guys?
Thanks

Josh

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
is there any news? with manor's method i have high resolution but only w/ an external monitor....w/ internal monitor chameleon still at 1024x768...any help?

lance76

lance76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
adding in my two cents since I spent the last two days reading through various threads about the Intel GMA 5700 which so happens to be my card as well. Laptop is the Lenovo z360 with Intel 5700/Nvidia 310m Optimus combo. Manor's method works in so far that the card is recognized which is progress. Also if I connect an external monitor I have no problems getting the correct resolution. I have tracked this down due to the Rev ID. There seem to be two floating around. Mine is x0012 and from what I've seen on Manor's screenshots and one or two others that are lucky with the right resolution and all they have Rev ID x0002. I am no expert at this, I do rely on people way smarter than me to figure this out so I have no idea what exactly those number mean or do but they are the only difference I could find in all the posts.

Cheers!

dear.tayyab

dear.tayyab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Even this method does not enable qe/ci.

My graphics id is 0x0106.

calaelen

calaelen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
doesn't work on my Samsung NP-RV520-A02RU :(
0x0116:8086

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hey manor, my Intel HD Graphics have the same vendor and device IDs you have. Could you please give me the kexts with the IDs injected?

Here's my progress so far: my laptop has Intel HD Graphics and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. The Intel graphics card is being recognized with these kexts, but it lacks any kind of acceleration. OpenGL Extensions Viewer says my card is the Apple Software Renderer, meaning something ain't right. The ATi card doesn't work because OS X boots with the built-in Intel card. I can't even get an external monitor to work. It just stays blank.

manor

manor

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
screenshot ple

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
OK, I got them to work. But there is still zero acceleration. No QE/Ci or anything. I can't even use my VGA port because that is part of my ATi Mobility Radeon 5470. I tried these kexts to see if OS X could recognize both. But nope.

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi, Manor! I've been following your posts regarding the Intel HD Graphics (8086:0046) with revision 02. I have that card in my laptop, and I've found out some things regarding this graphics card and Mac OS X.

I understand that your VBIOS contains VESA tables with your custom resolution, which is why OS X is loading it regardless of what you do. People have tried using your VBIOS loading it at boot via Chameleon, but it doesn't work.

I have also tested and confirmed that 915resolution won't work with this card. The code is too old, and it doesn't recognize the BIOS.

I am also familiar with another EFI bootloader called Clover, which uses DUET for EFI instead of Boot-132 (which Chameleon uses). The developer on Project OS X forums has re-written the Chameleon VBIOS injection for that bootloader. Chameleon's seems to work well with NVidea Graphics cards, but not so for ATi and Intel. Clover's has been re-written with better support for both Intel and ATi. I was wondering if you'd be able to help me with that. I know that since your VBIOS contains VESA tables with custom resolution, I might be able to use it to enable custom resolution use Clover. So, can you please send your extracted VBIOS ROM to me? Thanks in advanced!

WarGoX

WarGoX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all:

I have a Toshiba L675 laptop with a Core i3 M380, this is with a Intel HD Graphics Card (Arrandale) what steps should i do to get it working with MacOS X? I know i don't going to get QE/CI, but I'm ok with only full resolution and quickly response on the system.

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
OK, I have some acceleration with the Intel HD. The screensaver now shows, and there is a laggy Apple logo animation at bootup. However, I want to use the ATi card. Is this possible?

Kasi99

Kasi99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hello,

Work this method under 10.8?

What is qe/ci? as testing it?

Sry i'm Gemany!!!

Thank!!

Greetz

Kasi99

Kasi99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
hello,

ask for a detailed manual!

how to write my id´s in kext (GeForce.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext)

please step by step! best with screenshot!

I do not do it

please help my

greetz kasi

orlian

orlian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This method does not give me CI/QE, it does get rid of the "no kext loaded" text in the system report, but not accelerated graphics. I think that Mano is probably not getting acceleration either, and is not really clear what CI/QE means due to poor language translation.

To get full resolution on my Core i5 520M notebook (arrandale / lakeport ), I had to do some hacking in the chameleon resolution module to change the vbios on the fly. The vbios provides a vesa mode of 1280X800 but the panel is 1440X900.

You can see the patch I used here: http://forum.voodoop...5.html#msg13045

So there is hope for those that just want proper resolution.

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

This method does not give me CI/QE, it does get rid of the "no kext loaded" text in the system report, but not accelerated graphics. I think that Mano is probably not getting acceleration either, and is not really clear what CI/QE means due to poor language translation.

To get full resolution on my Core i5 520M notebook (arrandale / lakeport ), I had to do some hacking in the chameleon resolution module to change the vbios on the fly. The vbios provides a vesa mode of 1280X800 but the panel is 1440X900.

You can see the patch I used here: http://forum.voodoop...5.html#msg13045

So there is hope for those that just want proper resolution.

I've used the patch in the link, compiled the bootloader, and put the resulting Resolution.dylib in my thumb drive's (with compiled Chameleon installed on it) /Extra/modules folder. The result: absolutely nothing! I don't see any sign that the module is running, and my VESA table's highest resolution still reads 1024x768. And before you ask, yes, I have 1366x768x32 under Graphics mode on my thumb drive's org.chameleon.Boot.plist. What's going on? Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Can you please help me? Thanks in advanced!

EDIT: I've solved this problem, but I still have another. My VBIOS isn't getting unlocked, more info in this post in above thread: http://forum.voodoop...0.html#msg14460

EDIT: A major breakthrough has occured: I've enabled custom resolution on Intel HD Graphics! To see what I did, check out this guide I've posted in The Genius Bar: http://www.insanelym...6-and-00468086/

Edited by iWin32, 01 January 2013 - 01:55 PM.

EUSKALRAVER

EUSKALRAVER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your work, i try it your first metod, the system have detected the graphic card but at no load kext.
Im testing it with a default flames screensaver and activiti monitor open to see the cpu performance with the graphics.
The graphic card works smooth.. but the cpu performance and graphics quality is better than before ( in vga mode).
My laptop its a Thosiba satellite A665-s6095 intel i5 460m. chipset its a hm55 I read this proccesor its not compatible with intel hd3000 in 10.8.2, to get q/e aceleration.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy