• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

nutt318

nutt318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have a Google CR-48 laptop and I've been trying to install OS X 10.6.7 and I'm needing some help. I first found this forum http://www.insanelym...p...241376&st=0 which seemed to be pretty striaght forward. However my install disc is for version 10.6.7.

So I took my external laptop drive and restored OS X to it. I then copied the Extra files to the drive along with the mach_kernal_atom for 10.6.7 from teateam. I originally tried their boot loader and Chameleon and it failed with a continuous restart loop.

I used tonymacx86 Chameleon RC5 and now im getting a little further, I'm getting the error in the attached files.

It looks like something with the DSDT file, but the post of the forum said to use the original which I did. I've also tried others but still no luck.

Hopefully someone can figure this out.

Thanks.

Attached Files

enochpc

enochpc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I had OSX on this, I used the Meklort Netbook Installer method. Graphics are not supported, the best you can do is proper resolution, no acceleration. And it's laggy, a bit. I finally wiped it and put ubuntu 11.04 on it. Runs much better and everything works out of the box (ok no 3g but didn't have that with OSX either). I would suggest some flavor of linux, although the NBI works fine, and it is possible Meklort or someone else might finish the drivers and get graphics working. If that happens I might give it another shot, but I have two other hacks that work well, for what I want the CR48 to do ubuntu does very well.

nutt318

nutt318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the info, kind of a bummer that graphics dont work well. I've and Ubuntu on it before, it did run great. Just wanted to try something different, hopefully someone comes up with something.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
Hey nutt318

send me complete files
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=81816

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy