Hi Antikus did you make any progress?
I'm about to make an attempt this weekend - so anything you learned and can share would be great.
Struggling to make headway after a lot of hours. Get to Part2 of Part 2 on Janitors walkthrough.
2. You should shortly get to the standard ModBin boot prompt, with a number of booting options detailed on screen.
but instead of ModBin boot prompt, I get a black screen with a flashing underline cursor.
I know the Proliant is good as I installed Win 7 already.
I had upgraded the memory and installed a sata card - again all working under Win & but i removed them anyway to make sure.
I've upgraded the BIOS to the patched version. Tried any number of changes to the BIOS settings.
I can use the Installer disc to boot a Mac Pro. Disc i used is a usb hdd.
Not sure where to go from here - anyone have any suggestions?
Made the installer as a DVD - same black screen result on boot.
Confirmed tha Nawcoms Mod CD 0.3.1 will boot the HP. But when put in vanilla or installer SL get the waiting for root message.
Managed to get up and running Using Janitors original files/walkthro - thanks again.
Had a few stability issues and am now reloading again for the nth time. Did try to use CCC to clone after each change but in the end was unable to restore from those.
- 10.6.0 to 10.6.8 straightforward and no problems
- 10.6.8 with ethernet - needed both kextx to get working and manual config.
- USB rollback - seemed unstable when using usb ports befoe and after i did this step. for example reboot fails if a usb drive connected.
- HD graphics kexts with onboard 4200 - tried various options - unable to get away from 1024x 768. Has anyone got this working?
The HD graphics attempts messed things up -panics etc and was unable to restore from any of the above staged CCC backups - so now reloading.
Will probably stop at getting network running and leave HD graphics/USB Rollback for now and see if I can get to use the machine for a while.
Whilst reloading I remembered one other odd symptom. The system seems to regularly be 'waiting' for me to move the mouse. Sounds odd I know.
A couple of examples - the 10.6.8 process seems to be doing nothing, then I move the mouse and simultaneously the disk activity starts again.
Or click on a button to ok an activity within an app - the window does nothing till you move the mouse.
It happens so regularly i know it's not a coincidence.