Help with RTC in Snow Leopard!

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody

I've just install Snow Leopard 10a432 on my Dell Latitude D610 and Wireless, GMA900 QE, mouse/keyboard work fines. But I still have 2 big issues are: my hackintosh doesn't have RTC- system clock on the taskbar (the upward gray bar). Second, when I was trying to install anything, it always get stuck at the part "Examining for addition disks" so I can't install any software on my hackintosh.

I don't know how to make the clock appear on the taskbar (maybe DSDT) but with the "Examining for addition disks" error, I think my hackintosh need some kexts to work on PATA and a proper kernell!

Anyone know how to fix these problem, please help me! Do you know which kernell work best for Pentium M 1.60 Ghz?

My hackintosh

Del Latitude D610

Intel Pentium M 1.60 Ghz, busratio=12 cpus=1

VGA : GMA 900

Ethernet: Broadcom 57xx

Wireless: work fine

Sound: Work fines

Thank you very much :)

I saw on osxlatitude.com but it just show the guides about D620/8xx/4xx and I can't find D610. The main problem are how can I get the clock appear on the taskbar; and how to install programs without getting stuck at "Examining Addition Disks".

Can you upload your dsdt and the kexts in the /Snow/Extra/Extensions for me? I just want to look at them to see if I've missed anythings. Also, what bootloader are you using?

Thx -_-

• 2 weeks later...
You should check out the Latitude web site: http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/

It has been months sense I built my SL D620 which is now upto 10.6.7, and the install details are not fresh in my mind. However, many have gone before and they share their experience on that web site.

neil

try this setup for your D620(gma950 intel video) neil.

i only install all kexts to /System/Library/Extensions (grab the kexts from Extra and use kextwizard to install.

delete caches and boot with -f once.

replace boot , smbios.plist and revise boot.com.plist :( running very stable.. no sleep as never has worked .. sorta.

D620_IntelVid_LatinMcG.zip

• 1 year later...