HP EliteBook 8540w i7-720 with custom DSDT and native power management

msinfo_us

59 posts in this topic

Ok thanks did the patches compiled the file and I am using it now. But shutdown is still not working and sometimes my cmos gets corrupted.

I saw a dsdt fix for that can someone confirm ?

CMOS reset - Sounds like you need to double check your dsdt fixes applied. Restart fix is part of the Cameleon now, you should not need dsdt fix for it. But if you want to do it anyway it is a well known/well documented fix. OpenHaltrestart.kext is your other option.

PROBLEMS

I updqted to 10.6.8 but I noticed my left usb ports now do not work anymore

Also noticed that in s/l/e IOPCIFamily.kext got an update to version 2.6.5 while the version used in this thread is 2.6.3 so it is not loading.

Thanks for the tip. It worked

I had a feeling it was doing something wrong when in recognized the synaptic as ALPS :-)

Another question.

I am pretty satisfied with the setup now but shutdown does not work :-(

So I made a backup with carbon copy and I want to edit my own dsdt file since yours is from a core i7 and I have a corei5. ?

Do you have a list of the patches you did besides the obvious cmos rst patch

Thanks man :-)

Anyway should someone have some time to do the fixes to my dsdt file here is my original file

@ms_info or anybody

I got a stable system but I am running only 32 bit when I use your boot.plist keyboard and sound will not work and thats probably not everything.

I tried to edit my dsdt file but I guess my knowledge is just not good enough of this all this patching since it wont work

So I extracted my dsdt.aml using DSDTSE using the extract DSDT button ( I hope this is correct ) and now I am hoping that someone (ms_info ) can do the patches to my file so I can compare them to my original and learn something in the process.

I would be a verry happy guy if someone would do this for me so that I someday can help other users with these kind of problems

Thanks in advance

PS

When I edit my own dsdt I just can't compile I get 143 errors starting with this one

/Users/timbellen/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 83: \_SB.ODGW (Or (0x5400, Arg0))

Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.ODGW)

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately Your VoodooHDA it does not work for me! I think something will change on i7 model!! On i5 the only way to make it work is change in IOPCIClassMatch 0x04fffffffff etc etc in IOPCIMatch 0x3b568086 but this have a problem! The only way not to have a kernel panic is -f

Could you tell me your exact model?

I am not sure if you got it working but I have an elite book 8440p that hs a very similar configuration. I was also getting kernel panics with the attached VooDooHDA and what I had to do is remove all occurrences of HDEF on the DSDT until the file compiled w/o errors. Hope it helps.

BTW anyone figure out the screen brightness?

I am currently running lion and it works pretty well. I only lost the battery management - lost it since 10.6.8 and was using AppleAHCIbatterymanagement.kext from Mammoth's HP DV guide.

• 2 weeks later...

regarding the wifi, I have changed the wifi card to the HP broadcom one,

Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter

and I have tryed a zilion Kexts and different OSX versions, but I cant get the damn thing to work!

I do get the Kexts loaded, (on system profile) but I get no enumeration on network devices!

How did you make it work !? you just plugged the card and that was it?

Can you pls share copy of your DSTD and pci/network/io80201 or whatever related KEXTs ?

Btw, do you get more than 3h battery life ? I am somewere 2.5h so I assume there is space for improvement right ?!

• 1 year later...

I had an 8540w with i7, installed iAtkos L2, went fine. After boot up, no mouse or keyboard. Plug in the external USB mous and keyboard, they work...

Installed Network kext, reboot.

Boot up, download 10.7.4, update combo. Ran the update, everything went fine. Reboot. Boot up normally.

Install, mouse and keyboard kext, reboot, normally.

Install Sound, reboot, kernel panic. I deleted AppleHDA.kext. Reboot again. Boot fine.

Install USB3 driver, reboot, boot fine. Login, didn't do anything, reboot.....kernel panic....

Don't know what is the problem is, but sometime I can boot into Mac os fine, but sometime, it got a kernel panic, turn it off, turn it back on again, sometime it boot fine, but sometime have to turn it off one more time..

You guy know what is the problem? It's not consistent booting. Iam not using any DSDT since I don't know how.. Using system profile Mac(8,1)

• 11 months later...

Did anyone get this to work with the external display?

I have the HP EliteBook 8540w with a VGA port.

WHat do I need to use to make it work?

I have iAtkos ML2, 10.8.2, and nVIDIA Quadro FX 880M, recognized as such., but the external display is dead. (works in other OSes, needles to say)..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks