ASUS K50ID Guide & Support - Updated (9/11/2011)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Kronno Fatal1ty

Kronno Fatal1ty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
The kexts provided for lion are for 10.7.0 only. When upgrading to 10.7.x it will replace your modded kexts and you wont be able to boot into OSX again even with a modded bootloader like Pirate EFI. (BUG IDK WKY).
keep in mind that this kexts i provided are like in BETA stage. The webcam it's easy to fix the upside down. There isn't any kext available at the moment to fix it. Just use iGlasses to invert the webcam image on any app that requires webcam.
The DSDT compiled it's buggy, it doesn't fix many bugs that this laptop has. Hopefully someone that understand a little more than me can make an compile a modded for Lion.
For the installation of Lion i recommend using a retail copy os OSX Lion and pirate efi for the boot loader (or chameleon late version, idk what it is now). I'm not developing anymore kexts for this laptop since i've bought a MacBook Pro 15" Retina and sold my K50ID.

Best Regards
Kronno Fatal1ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy