Cant play CS:S on AMD hackintosh:iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8

AndreX86

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I got a new 9800GT that I finally got working using aqua mac 9000 drivers originally found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132089

I downloaded steam and installed CS:source but when the map is loading, I get error "The application inspector quit unexpectedly".

I googled that phrase and got two results relating to google earth.

I am running an AMD 3800+, 9800GT, 2GB RAM w/ iDeneb 10.5.8 v1.6

I havn't really found any evidence that anyone has run CS:S on there AMD hackintosh. I would really just like to know if anyone has been bale to get CSS playable on there AMD hackintosh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
That game is like 10 years old man you gotta upgrade to some newer games... lol

How exactly was that helpful...?

I'm getting the same error when I just try to open Steam, I can't even get as far as installing any games. Running Leopard 10.5.8 on an Intel machine. Thanks in advance if anyone has anything helpful to add...

This is a known issue with 10.5.x and Steam, someone posted a workaround for it here somewhere, in the Mac Gaming subforum I think. I don't remember the details anymore but I do remember that it worked for me when I had that same "platform inspector" error on my old P4 Hackintosh (R.I.P.)

Sorry I can't be more specific but go to the gaming forum and look around for posts about Steam.