Mobility Radeon HD 4650:Full Resolution with QE & CI working on Internal LVDS screen

• Please log in to reply
692 replies to this topic

Misha Vakulich

Misha Vakulich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for your reply. For some reason I have only HDMI working properly, and black screens for VGA and LVDS.
Do you think I should try different control flags for VGA and LVDS or black screens mean the control flags are correct?

Black screen with backlight enabled means that you have correct control flag, you should try different values for encoder and transmitter.
That's works for me.

almuras

almuras

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Black screen with backlight enabled means that you have correct control flag, you should try different values for encoder and transmitter.
That's works for me.

I tried encoder values from 00 to 06, and transmitter 00, 01, 12, 22, 02 still nothing....

Misha Vakulich

Misha Vakulich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I tried encoder values from 00 to 06, and transmitter 00, 01, 12, 22, 02 still nothing....

hmm... could you see in IOregistryExplorer if your internal monitor is recognized by the system(into Ati tree node you have to see all connected displays and theid EDID, VendorID and DeviceID)
and could you attach you dsdt.aml with dual link patch.

hmm... could you see in IOregistryExplorer if your internal monitor is recognized by the system(into Ati tree node you have to see all connected displays and theid EDID, VendorID and DeviceID)

one more thing to do: try to remove NullCpuPowerManager.kext form /S/L/E. it could cause a problem. I've removed it.
this information was taken from bcc9 thread according qe/ci with ati mobility cards.

almuras

almuras

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

one more thing to do: try to remove NullCpuPowerManager.kext form /S/L/E. it could cause a problem. I've removed it.
this information was taken from bcc9 thread according qe/ci with ati mobility cards.

I do not have NullCpuPowerManagement.kext. Please see attached dump and DSDT aml.
http://dl.dropbox.co.....dio Pro.ioreg

http://dl.dropbox.co...t from bios.aml

Thanks for your help!

Misha Vakulich

Misha Vakulich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I do not have NullCpuPowerManagement.kext. Please see attached dump and DSDT aml.
http://dl.dropbox.co.....dio Pro.ioreg

http://dl.dropbox.co...t from bios.aml

Thanks for your help!

here is a patched dsdt for using dual links. and the internal monitor is recognized as I can see from the ioregistry.

try this patch.

http://dl.dropbox.co...497325/dsdt.aml

almuras

almuras

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

here is a patched dsdt for using dual links. and the internal monitor is recognized as I can see from the ioregistry.

try this patch.

http://dl.dropbox.co...497325/dsdt.aml

Unfortunately, not progress so far, still black screen. Thanks for the patch anyways!

Misha Vakulich

Misha Vakulich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Unfortunately, not progress so far, still black screen. Thanks for the patch anyways!

do you have a patch for your monitor (EDID patch)?
and remove Disabler.kext if you have one

almuras

almuras

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

do you have a patch for your monitor (EDID patch)?
and remove Disabler.kext if you have one

I do not have disabler.kext and I have display override file for the internal LCD.

Derc

Derc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Tell me why such low rates and how to fix it? I'm using a MacBook smbios.plist 5.2.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Krazubu

Krazubu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 874 posts
Great finds, it looks like what we did for nVidia with NVE in a different way, maybe we could work together and build the ultimate injecter/patcher ;)
I found there's a FB codenamed Flicker but I can't find it mentioned here. It would also be useful to have a complete list of what FB comes with what card. I had started to do it here but it kind of went abandoned. Any completion is welcome :P

almuras

almuras

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Great finds, it looks like what we did for nVidia with NVE in a different way, maybe we could work together and build the ultimate injecter/patcher :)
I found there's a FB codenamed Flicker but I can't find it mentioned here. It would also be useful to have a complete list of what FB comes with what card. I had started to do it here but it kind of went abandoned. Any completion is welcome :)

The files with all FB are at the end of the first post.

Krazubu

Krazubu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 874 posts

The files with all FB are at the end of the first post.

I already looked at those files, they don't contain what I'm talking about.

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hello guys i have an ati mobility 4650, i have a problem with ATI4600Controller.kext, if i put my devid into it 0x10029480 my osx doesn't start anymore when i reboot it goes to boot loop solution?? I've used the ATIFramebuffer for 10.6.7 of Mucha when i install the two kexts contained in the ATI 10.6.7 of mucha it goes to boot loop. Kizwan or anyone else has the solution HELP ME!!!! I have an hp pavilion dv6-1215sl

crazybirdy

crazybirdy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Hello guys i have an ati mobility 4650, i have a problem with ATI4600Controller.kext, if i put my devid into it 0x10029480 my osx doesn't start anymore when i reboot it goes to boot loop solution?? I've used the ATIFramebuffer for 10.6.7 of Mucha when i install the two kexts contained in the ATI 10.6.7 of mucha it goes to boot loop. Kizwan or anyone else has the solution HELP ME!!!! I have an hp pavilion dv6-1215sl

The inserted ID of ATI4600Controller is wrong. it should be like this.
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x94801002 0x94881002</string>
And you need to modify your own ATIFramebuffer by yourself. You can't just use Mucha's one, the hardware is different.

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Yes, I did so I was wrong to write on and I also used to test the controller mucha ATI4600 which I checked the info. plist and there was this that I've written you
<key> IOPCIMatch </ key>
<string> 0x94801002 0x94881002 </ string>
In addition to the ATIframebuffer I followed the procedure and LVDS I have the same custom of personalities mucha but as I said when I insert the ATI4600 controller and reboot the permissions repair before I go in boot loop I am attaching what I got from the dump bios and debugging dong's radeonhd, and can you see if my custom personalities are equal to those of Mucha?? and if they are different can you tell me? Because I can also be wrong to get me the custom personalities from the two files that I attached to you.If you want my original bios dump, say it to me and I send you my rom file. And thanks for your help crazybird. Sorry for my bad english

Attached Files

crazybirdy

crazybirdy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

can you see if my custom personalities are equal to those of Mucha?? and if they are different can you tell me? Because I can also be wrong to get me the custom personalities from the two files that I attached to you.If you want my original bios dump, say it to me and I send you my rom file. And thanks for your help crazybird. Sorry for my bad english

Fine. It's all the same as Mucha's.
And you need the same version of All ATI kexts with Mucha's boot file.

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I've taken all of the mucha's file at the begin of the topic but nothing as i said above, when I install the ATI4600Controller it goes in boot loop....crazybird help me i've thought that i need a patched dsdt because i've read that NullCPUPowerManagment or any other disabler goes in conflict with the new MOD of ATIFramebuffer and i have NullCPUPowerManagment in /S/L/E Is this the problem?? If it is can you say me what i have to write in the dsdt to delete NullCPUpowermanagment.kext from /S/L/E?? Because without NullCPUpowermanagment.kext it goes in KP. Sorry for my bad english

crazybirdy

crazybirdy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I've taken all of the mucha's file at the begin of the topic but nothing as i said above, when I install the ATI4600Controller it goes in boot loop....crazybird help me i've thought that i need a patched dsdt because i've read that NullCPUPowerManagment or any other disabler goes in conflict with the new MOD of ATIFramebuffer and i have NullCPUPowerManagment in /S/L/E Is this the problem?? If it is can you say me what i have to write in the dsdt to delete NullCPUpowermanagment.kext from /S/L/E?? Because without NullCPUpowermanagment.kext it goes in KP. Sorry for my bad english

KP......Removce NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext in E/E & /S/L/E.

And do it again with mucha's file.
Now I can use dsdt.aml on SL & Lion with QE/CI, but it's so complicated.

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

KP......Removce NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext in E/E & /S/L/E.

And do it again with mucha's file.
Now I can use dsdt.aml on SL & Lion with QE/CI, but it's so complicated.

Ok but do i need a patched dsdt.aml for my notebook dv6-1215sl?? Or nothing?? Thank you for your help crazybird

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I've deleted the three kexts but nothing the same thing happen when i install ATI4600Controller by mucha. So what do i have to do?? Help crazybird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy