Mobility Radeon HD 4650:Full Resolution with QE & CI working on Internal LVDS screen

mucha

696 posts in this topic

i wish i understood this... i will try but there is a few things im already scratching my head about... i got a cq62-418 with ati hd 4250.. anyone have this fix?

.... or maybe help me understand. am i looking to edit the bird files from my atiframebufferkext?

.... am i about to get clowned hardcore for this post? :thumbsup_anim:

maybe ill just run snow in vmware

Please help

ATOM BIOS Rom:

SubsystemVendorID: 0x1179 SubsystemID: 0xff00

IOBaseAddress: 0x2000

Filename: BR32659.001

BIOS Bootup Message:

BR32659.001 M96 DDR3 128bit 550e/700m

PCI ID: 1002:9480

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 45612]: LVDS (7)

Encoder [@offset 45616]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)

i2cid [@offset 45692]: 0x96, OSX senseid: 0x7

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 45622]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 45626]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 45715]: 0x95, OSX senseid: 0x6

Connector at index 2

Type [@offset 45632]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 45636]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 45738]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

Connector at index 3

Type [@offset 45642]: DisplayPort (10)

Encoder [@offset 45646]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 45765]: 0x94, OSX senseid: 0x5

And now?

i have QE/CI full resolution but VGA and HDMI dont work

Please help editing fr Framebuffer

Try using muchas code. Worked for me.

What code do you have on internal LVDS?

I already use the muchas framebuffer and vga work but the screen vga is freeze and hdmi dont work

how i cant see the code of my internal LVDS?

Thanks

this aty-init.kext that fix dvd player crash problem in ati mobility radeon hd 4650 .i think its better that chameleon graphicsenabler .at least for me.the only thing that remain unsolved is low opengl score in glviewr.app i thing this problem is from that ati mobility radeon hd 4650 is not in their data base .because mac not use this card

i found the dvd player crash problem fix .the appleacpipowermanagement.kext cuase the dvdplayer crash.just remove it and dvd player work fine.it work with chameleon or aty_init.kext .there is not different between this tow method.

ATY_Init.kext.zip

@akbarmoradi: Did you encounter the black+backlit screen problem on LVDS when you worked on getting your card working? If yes, how did you solve it? Or could you post your modded kexts?

Your hardware is not so different from mine. Most importantly you havet the same card and also in an HP

@akbarmoradi: Did you encounter the black+backlit screen problem on LVDS when you worked on getting your card working? If yes, how did you solve it? Or could you post your modded kexts?

Your hardware is not so different from mine. Most importantly you havet the same card and also in an HP

go to this post i am attach kext there

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1683501

Thanks man, installed your kexts. Still backlit black screen though :/

you must boot with this flag arch=x86_64 .and this kext only work in hp dv6 system.and if you install ATI_Init.kext .you must disable graphicsenabler with this flag GraphicsEnabler=No

Just did so. Installed muchas kexts plus the rest from the update. Still black screen backlit

EDIT: Now tryed putting ATIFramebuffer.kext ATI4600Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATISupport into /Extra/KextStore instead of /S/L/E

Result: Card recognized, but only with 256MB of vram and no QE/CI/Res-Change. Kexts not listed as loaded by Kextwizard

Just did so. Installed muchas kexts plus the rest from the update. Still black screen backlit

EDIT: Now tryed putting ATIFramebuffer.kext ATI4600Controller.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATISupport into /Extra/KextStore instead of /S/L/E

Result: Card recognized, but only with 256MB of vram and no QE/CI/Res-Change. Kexts not listed as loaded by Kextwizard

open disk utility and run repairpremision on mac os x partition(make sure your kext is installed in correct place s/l/e -the kext not work in extra folder)open with -f -v flags

Hi, I'm running on a dell studio 1747 laptop.

I'm french and I don't understand very well how to do.

If someone can make a rapid guide easy to understand, that will be great.

If a dell studio 1747 user succeed with his ATI mobility hd 4650 (id:0x9480), can he attached his modified files ?

I already test to download mucha's files, and just remplace mine (ATIFramebuffer, 4600Controller, and boot) but it doesn't work.

Thanks to help me, and thanks you mucha for that great discovery !