Ok, so after many failed attempts to get this right (usually ending with the grey screen with the power button of death telling me to power off the machine and signaling to me that I have to start the process all over again), I'm thinking I'm to getting this down.
I hadn't caught on at first about not only leaving the G73.aml on the desktop when running multibeast, but also putting it in the extras folder and copying the folder to root. The lingering question here is what to do with replacing the boot file. My knowledge of the mac file system blows, but I've learned enough to plug in the command in terminal to show hidden files. I just can't seem to locate the directory for the boot file that needs to be replaced with the OP's.
I think those where the last two things remaining for me to finally get my hackintosh up and ready.
2) format extended journaled and install SL
3) reboot off iboot
4) install 10.6.7
5) run G73 patcher
6) copy the newly created .aml into extras folder
7) copy extras folder into root
8) select the successful configs already stated in this thread into multibeast
9) run multibeast
10) everything should theoretically work, reinstall other half of memory taken out
If any of this looks wrong, please feel free to correct me.
Boot, what to do about boot though?