OSX86 ati mobility radeon HD5870 working perfectlly with QE/CI

Olda

84 posts in this topic

Yup worked for my MSI MS-17271 Whitebook (AKA GX740)

http://www.msiwhitebook.com/product_spec.a...del=MS-1727-ID1

From fresh install

1. Installed 10.6.8 - didn't reboot

2. Installed chameleon bootlooder

3. Replaced the boot file(used a "show files app" to delete the boot file from chameleon)

4. Dragged the Extra folder to its proper spot and had to make the Extensions folder and added fakesmc.kext there

5. "ati rom file" into the Extra folder

6. "com.apple.Boot.plist file" into the Extra folder

Restarted, BAMM working GFX!!

Installed the audio package for ALC888s found at kext.com(cracky sometimes)

Edit: reinstalled dame audio package, not crackly but has a hum interference especially when there's HD action and Video.

I did it with 10.6.6 and I'm pretty sure the sound wasn't cracky, guess I'll have to try something else.....

Very fast Snow system. :) but I'll have to test more Apps and such to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup worked for my MSI MS-17271 Whitebook (AKA GX740)

http://www.msiwhitebook.com/product_spec.a...del=MS-1727-ID1

From fresh install

1. Installed 10.6.8 - didn't reboot

2. Installed chameleon bootlooder

3. Replaced the boot file(used a "show files app" to delete the boot file from chameleon)

4. Dragged the Extra folder to its proper spot and had to make the Extensions folder and added fakesmc.kext there

5. "ati rom file" into the Extra folder

6. "com.apple.Boot.plist file" into the Extra folder

Restarted, BAMM working GFX!!

Installed the audio package for ALC888s found at kext.com(cracky sometimes)

Edit: reinstalled dame audio package, not crackly but has a hum interference especially when there's HD action and Video.

I did it with 10.6.6 and I'm pretty sure the sound wasn't cracky, guess I'll have to try something else.....

Very fast Snow system. ;) but I'll have to test more Apps and such to be sure.

hey,

What is your ati rom file and your boot file that you replaced ?

thx

• 4 months later...

Hey all, i'm messing around with these files trying to get it to work on Lion. I have an asus g74jh. As of right now, from the jump, the video card recognized is called ATI Radeon HD 5000. The device id is right, but being a stickler, I would like to see "5870". The dilemma, coping over the boot file and replacing the one installed, everytime I reboot it gives me some error that the sleep is old and I have to 'forcewake=y'. Any of you have this problem? Still messing around with different setups. Second question, when comparing the boot files of one that works and the one here, how can I inject those lines that refer to the ati model and the framebuffer label (Nomascus I think)? Thanks all!

KJ

• 4 weeks later...

hello guys!

i have a laptop MSI GX740 which ati hd 5870 mobility too.

I install retail Mac os 10.6.7 with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

after that i install an update combo to 10.6.8 and apply [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (i also have a DSDT.aml (it's created by EVEREST) but it's not work good enough)

so i installed kexst for audio lan and wireless (ralink rt 3090 ) (this wireless comptailable with rt 2680)

all of that working fine, with GraphicsEnabler=no

i buckup boot file from root directory and replace to olda's boot file.

then i copy ati rom and add 2 strings to .plist

after reboot hacintosh was working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but wireless wasnt working!!!!

so, Olda, what is you changed in boot file?

sorry for my bad English

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

oh man thanks so much, this is working perfect!! amazing thanks for share and for everything, now i have all working on my Asus G73JH the only that is not working is the wake up from sleep and the keyboard backlight but everything else is perfect, thanks for all