2 replies to this topic

Austin Gonyou

Austin Gonyou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey all,
I've been stuck on 10.6.3 due to graphics performance issues. I use NVEnabler.kext and on 10.6.3, it's really awesome, but on 10.6.4 and higher it just stinks. 10.6.5 is no better than 10.6.4 with the graphics driver fixes Apple released.

Question: What can I try to diagnose the problem?
Options:
1. recompile NVEnabler on 10.6.5?
2. try to create a DSDT.aml file for this system and use some kind of inject?
3. ????

What I have done:
1. Tried nvinject (no good for GL on my system)
2. reinstalled to 10.6.0, then updated to 10.6.5 directly (NVEnabler and NVInject, no good)
3. copied 10.6.3 kexts/libraries to 10.6.4/5 (still no good, better, but no where near 10.6.3 performance)

Can anyone else tell me if there's something I have just plainly missed? I'm not sure what else to do aside from trying to find a hacked set of stock nVidia drives or something.

Please help if you can. I'm too confused now to keep things straight on this topic.
--agony

schustah

schustah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Hey all,
I've been stuck on 10.6.3 due to graphics performance issues. I use NVEnabler.kext and on 10.6.3, it's really awesome, but on 10.6.4 and higher it just stinks. 10.6.5 is no better than 10.6.4 with the graphics driver fixes Apple released.

Question: What can I try to diagnose the problem?
Options:
1. recompile NVEnabler on 10.6.5?
2. try to create a DSDT.aml file for this system and use some kind of inject?
3. ????

What I have done:
1. Tried nvinject (no good for GL on my system)
2. reinstalled to 10.6.0, then updated to 10.6.5 directly (NVEnabler and NVInject, no good)
3. copied 10.6.3 kexts/libraries to 10.6.4/5 (still no good, better, but no where near 10.6.3 performance)

Can anyone else tell me if there's something I have just plainly missed? I'm not sure what else to do aside from trying to find a hacked set of stock nVidia drives or something.

Please help if you can. I'm too confused now to keep things straight on this topic.
--agony

i have the same Problem 8800 Gt 1024Mb. Grafik lags and the calibration/Gamma Settings doesnt work.

I teste on 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 working perfekt withe gfx String ( Efi String ) , Nvenabler64 and Dsdt.mod. But 10.6.5 crappy.

I Hope we become new Updates .

5hadow

5hadow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i am haveing a problem like urs only my pc is hp530 celeron m model and my pc hangs after install at first boot apple logo and if i use -v it goes to a black screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy