USB Card Reader Apple Optimized Legacy Driver (10.6.5/10.6.6/10.6.7/10.6.8)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

alexaffonso

alexaffonso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Download some linux live edition (for instance ubuntu) and load it .
Click the terminal and write under the shell the command "lspci -nn" without brackets you'll find the product Id and the Vendor Id of you card reader.Convert hexadecimal number found to decimal and insert it to kext as described above.
Otherwise if you have windows installed check the system properties of the sd card ,there should be written as well.

blakken, I did what you said: downloaded PartedMagic, run the shell command and ended up with the following screen, with 4 different entries for Ricoh:
Attached File  system.png   67.23KB   100 downloads

I tried to use the first one, but I'm lost. I converted the number 1180:0822 to decimal, which gave me 4480:2082. Is this correct? What is the idProduct and idVendor? Should I use these numbers? I tried then, but no lucky.

Could you help me again?

quinielascom

quinielascom

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

blakken, I did what you said: downloaded PartedMagic, run the shell command and ended up with the following screen, with 4 different entries for Ricoh:
Attached File  system.png   67.23KB   100 downloads

I tried to use the first one, but I'm lost. I converted the number 1180:0822 to decimal, which gave me 4480:2082. Is this correct? What is the idProduct and idVendor? Should I use these numbers? I tried then, but no lucky.

Could you help me again?

your internal card reader is not USB, is connected through PCI bus.

alexaffonso

alexaffonso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

your internal card reader is not USB, is connected through PCI bus.

Thanks.

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Thanx!

It works like a charm ;)

Attached File  sdtest.jpg   73.56KB   208 downloads

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Thanks to Andy for his magic, again. My excellent Dell U2410 monitor has an embedded SD reader and USB hub, and with the guides I was able to make it a native SD reader!

A note to those that will edit the plist manually, like myself. The VendorID and ProductID to change are the ones near the end of each entry, not the ones in the middle of the <key> that I am highlighting for your convenience:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>	<string>English</string>	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>	<string>com.legacy.driver.AnyCardReader</string>	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>	<string>6.0</string>	<key>CFBundleName</key>	<string>AnyCardReader</string>	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>	<string>KEXT</string>	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>	<string>????</string>	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>	<string>8.8.8</string>	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>	<dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader Device</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>bcdDevice</key>				<integer>38963</integer>				<key>idProduct</key>				<integer>33795</integer>				<key>idVendor</key>				<integer>1452</integer>				<key>non-removable</key>				<string>yes</string>				<key>USB Product Name</key>				<string>Internal Memory Card Reader</string>				<key>USB Serial Number</key>				<string><strong class='bbc'>000000264001</strong></string>				<key>USB Vendor Name</key>				<string>Apple</string>			</dict>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader Interface</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOUSBInterface</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>bcdDevice</key>				<integer>38963</integer>				<key>idProduct</key>				<integer>33795</integer>				<key>idVendor</key>				<integer>1452</integer>			</dict>			<key>bConfigurationValue</key>			<string>*</string>			<key>bInterfaceNumber</key>			<string>*</string>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader UMC Inject</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderUMC</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>idProduct</key>				<integer>33795</integer>				<key>idVendor</key>				<integer>1452</integer>				<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>				<string>Internal</string>			</dict>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader SBC Inject</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderSBC</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>Product Identification</key>				<string>Internal Memory Card Reader</string>				<key>USB Serial Number</key>				<string><strong class='bbc'>000000264001</strong></string>				<key>USB Vendor Name</key>				<string>Apple</string>			</dict>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader SCSI Inject</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>Vendor Identification</key>				<string>APPLE</string>				<key>Product Identification</key>				<string>SD Card Reader</string>				<key>Product Revision Level</key>				<string><strong class='bbc'>1.82</strong></string>			</dict>			<key>Peripheral Device Type</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>Product Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Ultra HS-SD/MMC</strong></string> <- HERE			<key>Vendor Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Generic</strong></string> <- HERE		</dict>		<key>AnySDCardReaderAppleSBC</key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderSBC</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub</string>			<key>Peripheral Device Type</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>Product Identification</key>			<string>SD Card Reader</string>			<key>USB Mass Storage Characteristics</key>			<dict>				<key>Max Logical Unit Number</key>				<integer>0</integer>			</dict>			<key>Vendor Identification</key>			<string>APPLE</string>		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>AnySDCardReaderAnySBC</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderSBC</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub</string>			<key>Peripheral Device Type</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>Product Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Ultra HS-SD/MMC</strong></string> <- HERE			<key>USB Mass Storage Characteristics</key>			<dict>				<key>Max Logical Unit Number</key>				<integer>0</integer>			</dict>			<key>Vendor Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Generic</strong></string> <- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Any_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_1_00</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderUMC</string>			<key>IOMediaIcon</key>			<dict>				<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>				<string>com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily</string>				<key>IOBundleResourceFile</key>				<string>SD.icns</string>			</dict>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOUSBInterface</string>			<key>Physical Interconnect</key>			<string>USB</string>			<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>			<string>Internal</string>			<key>Read Time Out Duration</key>			<string>30000</string>			<key>SCSI Device Characteristics</key>			<dict>				<key>IOMaximumBlockCountRead</key>				<integer>8192</integer>				<key>IOMaximumBlockCountWrite</key>				<integer>8192</integer>			</dict>			<key>Write Time Out Duration</key>			<string>30000</string>			<key>bConfigurationValue</key>			<integer>1</integer>			<key>bInterfaceNumber</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>	</dict>	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>	<string>Root</string></dict></plist>
Andy, I also inserted the Serial Number of my USB reader, and the Product Revision Level that I got from System Profiler, too. Is it wrong that I changed these values?

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

Thanks to Andy for his magic, again. My excellent Dell U2410 monitor has an embedded SD reader and USB hub, and with the guides I was able to make it a native SD reader!

A note to those that will edit the plist manually, like myself. The VendorID and ProductID to change are the ones near the end of each entry, not the ones in the middle of the <key> that I am highlighting for your convenience:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>	<string>English</string>	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>	<string>com.legacy.driver.AnyCardReader</string>	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>	<string>6.0</string>	<key>CFBundleName</key>	<string>AnyCardReader</string>	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>	<string>KEXT</string>	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>	<string>????</string>	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>	<string>8.8.8</string>	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>	<dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader Device</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>bcdDevice</key>				<integer>38963</integer>				<key>idProduct</key>				<integer>33795</integer>				<key>idVendor</key>				<integer>1452</integer>				<key>non-removable</key>				<string>yes</string>				<key>USB Product Name</key>				<string>Internal Memory Card Reader</string>				<key>USB Serial Number</key>				<string><strong class='bbc'>000000264001</strong></string>				<key>USB Vendor Name</key>				<string>Apple</string>			</dict>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader Interface</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOUSBInterface</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>bcdDevice</key>				<integer>38963</integer>				<key>idProduct</key>				<integer>33795</integer>				<key>idVendor</key>				<integer>1452</integer>			</dict>			<key>bConfigurationValue</key>			<string>*</string>			<key>bInterfaceNumber</key>			<string>*</string>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader UMC Inject</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderUMC</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>idProduct</key>				<integer>33795</integer>				<key>idVendor</key>				<integer>1452</integer>				<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>				<string>Internal</string>			</dict>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader SBC Inject</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderSBC</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>Product Identification</key>				<string>Internal Memory Card Reader</string>				<key>USB Serial Number</key>				<string><strong class='bbc'>000000264001</strong></string>				<key>USB Vendor Name</key>				<string>Apple</string>			</dict>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Fake Apple Card Reader SCSI Inject</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub</string>			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>			<dict>				<key>Vendor Identification</key>				<string>APPLE</string>				<key>Product Identification</key>				<string>SD Card Reader</string>				<key>Product Revision Level</key>				<string><strong class='bbc'>1.82</strong></string>			</dict>			<key>Peripheral Device Type</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>Product Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Ultra HS-SD/MMC</strong></string> <- HERE			<key>Vendor Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Generic</strong></string> <- HERE		</dict>		<key>AnySDCardReaderAppleSBC</key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderSBC</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub</string>			<key>Peripheral Device Type</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>Product Identification</key>			<string>SD Card Reader</string>			<key>USB Mass Storage Characteristics</key>			<dict>				<key>Max Logical Unit Number</key>				<integer>0</integer>			</dict>			<key>Vendor Identification</key>			<string>APPLE</string>		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>AnySDCardReaderAnySBC</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderSBC</string>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub</string>			<key>Peripheral Device Type</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>Product Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Ultra HS-SD/MMC</strong></string> <- HERE			<key>USB Mass Storage Characteristics</key>			<dict>				<key>Max Logical Unit Number</key>				<integer>0</integer>			</dict>			<key>Vendor Identification</key>			<string><strong class='bbc'>Generic</strong></string> <- HERE		</dict>		<key><strong class='bbc'>Any_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_1_00</strong></key>		<dict>			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBCardReader</string>			<key>IOClass</key>			<string>com_apple_driver_AppleUSBCardReaderUMC</string>			<key>IOMediaIcon</key>			<dict>				<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>				<string>com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily</string>				<key>IOBundleResourceFile</key>				<string>SD.icns</string>			</dict>			<key>IOProviderClass</key>			<string>IOUSBInterface</string>			<key>Physical Interconnect</key>			<string>USB</string>			<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>			<string>Internal</string>			<key>Read Time Out Duration</key>			<string>30000</string>			<key>SCSI Device Characteristics</key>			<dict>				<key>IOMaximumBlockCountRead</key>				<integer>8192</integer>				<key>IOMaximumBlockCountWrite</key>				<integer>8192</integer>			</dict>			<key>Write Time Out Duration</key>			<string>30000</string>			<key>bConfigurationValue</key>			<integer>1</integer>			<key>bInterfaceNumber</key>			<integer>0</integer>			<key>idProduct</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>16480</strong></integer> <-- HERE			<key>idVendor</key>			<integer><strong class='bbc'>1060</strong></integer> <-- HERE		</dict>	</dict>	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>	<string>Root</string></dict></plist>
Andy, I also inserted the Serial Number of my USB reader, and the Product Revision Level that I got from System Profiler, too. Is it wrong that I changed these values?

No, this shouldn't cause problems.

humph

humph

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Andy,
Cheers. Brilliant Stuff !

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,598 posts
    Hacking...

Andy,
Cheers. Brilliant Stuff !

Thanks... ;) :D

doom13

doom13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
im using acer AO HAPPY.. my internal card reader already appear on sytem profiler applying what Andy said.. but SD card never shown on desktop or finder.. really need help..

Product ID 0x6250 ->integer 25168
Vendor ID 0x0cf2 ->integer 3314

what wrong with my kext?

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
Id from my card reader usb are:
Attached File  Schermata_2010_12_10_a_19.44.00_1.png   23.42KB   71 downloads

It works on my system. Loaded the kext in EFI partition works the same.

Attached File  Schermata_2010_12_10_a_20.36.22.png   28.29KB   60 downloads

Attached File  Schermata_2010_12_10_a_20.36.31.png   88KB   48 downloads

kerr

kerr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Another success here. Card reader - Kingston FCR-HS215/1. Kexts in E/E.

Thanks Andy :(

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,598 posts
    Hacking...
This is the AnyCardReader customized for doom13

Attached Files

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Hack the Planet!
Hi,

i have Ven-ID 0x058f and prod. ID 0x6362. I edited the Infoplist, but not luck. Can you help me please?

thx

Attached Files

kerr

kerr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
you must convert hex values to decimal. either you forgot, or decimal values are wrong.

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
why?

0x6362 = 25442

0x058f = 1423

But no luck.... :(

kerr

kerr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

why?

because, as you can see, all values in plist are decimal. not all idvendor and idproduct keys need to be changed, i think. go back and read the thread, it's two pages only, or wait till i get back home.

Edit: MacKonsti was kind enough to highlight which values must be replaced. This should work for you.

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
So, i edit the Info.Plist with:

Prod.ID = 25442
Vendor-ID = 1423

Vendor Identification = Generic
Product Indentification = USB SD Reader

It works!!!!
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_12_12_um_16.44.21.jpg   70.38KB   83 downloads

Twa

Twa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Game, Art
What about SDcard inside a phone and this phone connect as a USB ?

it worked fine as a USB , but i want it connect as a SDcard :P

Acid_Burn

Acid_Burn

Crash&Burn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
On Andys first Posting shows a picture with SD-Card Info in CardReader (Picture 1). On my Sys-Profiler shows only Info of my Card-Reader without Info of SD-Card (Picture 2).

Is this an Error?

Attached Files

doom13

doom13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

On Andys first Posting shows a picture with SD-Card Info in CardReader (Picture 1). On my Sys-Profiler shows only Info of my Card-Reader without Info of SD-Card (Picture 2).

Is this an Error?

i have same case with ankhsunamun, card reader detected on sytem profiler, but SD card wont shown, if im using external card reader, sdcard appear on desktop. really need help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy