SleepEnabler for 10.6.5

omniatlas

57 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm trying to follow the thread, but I'm still confused as hell over several issues.

I tried recompiling a new dsdt, and removed nullcpupowermanagement.kext; not such a good idea because my computer couldn't restart after that.

So I've reinstalled it, with chameleon RC5, and have made changes to Boot.plist to generateP and C states, but computer still can't sleep, and now everytime my computer boots up I get CMOS checksum errors; something about a "POST ERROR".

So obviously theres something wrong with the DSDT file. Don't know what to do....

ahh, silly me. I forgot to copy the dsdt.AML file, I was copying over the DSL file to /Extra all along, which is why my computer was getting so confused.

And...IT WORKS.

Thank you.

I don't need sleep enabler anymore.

So for those that can't get it to work

1. Install Chameleon RC5 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

2. Get the DSDT autopatcher at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

3. Remove nullcpupowermanagement from /extras/extensions

GREAT!!! I just installed Chameleon RC5, removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, added:

<key>EnableC4State</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

to my com.apple.Boot.plist

and sleep just WORKS!

All this with the same dsdt.aml (GA-X38-DQ6) I've been using since 10.5.6!!!

THANKS!!!

ahh, silly me. I forgot to copy the dsdt.AML file, I was copying over the DSL file to /Extra all along, which is why my computer was getting so confused.

And...IT WORKS.

Thank you.

I don't need sleep enabler anymore.

So for those that can't get it to work

1. Install Chameleon RC5

2. Get the DSDT autopatcher at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

3. Remove nullcpupowermanagement from /extras/extensions

u welcome!)))

Hey, that is fantastic. That did the trick for me too (on a P5Q-E).

CPU was running hot at first, but after inserting the correct device-id in AppleLPC.kext the native CPU power management started working too. I'm very happy about this.

smil

for me it doesn't work. I installed chameleon 2 rc5, regenerated a new dsdt for my GA-G41M-ES2L, edited my plist in /Extra/ and deleted sleepenabler.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext

sleep doesn't work. when ich click sleep, the PC goes off, like with the sleepenabler.kext.

but when I want wake it up, it boot normaly.

I used a fresh install with 10.6.5 and what also weird is, is that SL boots into 32bit mode.

for me it doesn't work. I installed chameleon 2 rc5, regenerated a new dsdt for my GA-G41M-ES2L, edited my plist in /Extra/ and deleted sleepenabler.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext

Which build of Chameleon RC5 are you using? Make sure you get the latest modified one from the sticked thread.

Works great thanks!

Now if someone smart enough could explain to me why I still need nullcpumanagement or else my performance takes a hit when I've compiled a DSDT to my motherboards liking (using autopatcher), I would appreciate it!

It's working, but some time, I can't wake-up from sleep. I have to reboot the computer.

Works great thanks!

Now if someone smart enough could explain to me why I still need nullcpumanagement or else my performance takes a hit when I've compiled a DSDT to my motherboards liking (using autopatcher), I would appreciate it!

just use one of the newer boot loader and add "GeneratePStates"="No" "GenerateCStates"="No" in your boot.plist

these stuff will disable the speedstep function and remove the need for NullCPU stuff

sorry for my english

just use one of the newer boot loader and add "GeneratePStates"="No" "GenerateCStates"="No" in your boot.plist

these stuff will disable the speedstep function and remove the need for NullCPU stuff

sorry for my english

Thanks, I'm going to try that now. Because sleep works if I *force* it, but it won't go to sleep automatically on its own.

Thanks, I'm going to try that now. Because sleep works if I *force* it, but it won't go to sleep automatically on its own.

Still doesn't work :)

I don't think the 64x Sleep Enabler for 10.6.5 was patched correctly, or is it just my machine?

Right now, sleep works if its force (by the finder menu), but it doesn't work on its own.

I don't think the 64x Sleep Enabler for 10.6.5 was patched correctly, or is it just my machine?

Right now, sleep works if its force (by the finder menu), but it doesn't work on its own.

the sleepenabler works perfectly on my GA-G41M-ES2L. no problems in 64bit modus.