• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
An update - I've also made the jump to Lion (10.7.4). I used iAtkos L2 to install overtop of my existing Snow Leopard partition.

Everything seems to be working, I had issues with resuming from hibernate so I've switched to "suspend to RAM" sleep mode (booting is quite fast so RAM sleep or full power off work for me).

I was using kext fixes for AR9285 wifi, but the update to 10.7.4 (from 10.7.3) broke it for some reason - now working with edited DSDT (see http://www.insanelym...howtopic=234570) and DeviceMergeNub from juanerson in post #135 in that thread. With this fix, mixed n/g seems to work too (g only before).

I put all my kexts in /S/L/E now, apparently /Extra/Extensions shouldn't be used with Lion. See: http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1815268

Two issues I'd like to resolve sometime but aren't a priority:
1) My current sound fix spams my console log with "Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2018". EDIT: Fixed with bungo's suggestion post #323.

2) The computer just runs out of power when on battery rather than going to sleep, this has always happened, even when hibernate was working.

Extra folder and extensions in S/L/E: http://www.mediafire...wqssvtiebivcchy

drakoon

drakoon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I made a patched driver applehda.kext 10.7.4. I do not want to use the drivers from the 10.6.8 and voodoohda.kext
external work, and built-in speakers and built-in microphone
external microphone is not working, built-in microphone not working autodetect
PROBLEM:
Sleep does not work after the built-in speakers
anyone have a solution?
the drivers from the 10.6.8 modified ioaudiofamily.kext
I think that ioaudiofamily.kext also need to collect from the source code. there is a programmers?
http://www.mediafire...f2fpdfddupz9odw

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

Two issues I'd like to resolve sometime but aren't a priority:
1) My current sound fix spams my console log with "Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2018".

Wrong Pin Config I suppose. Try my duet Attached File  ALC269_SamsungR780JS03.zip   1.38MB   80 downloads
with:

Device (HDEF)
			{
				Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
				OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x00, 0x60)
				Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
				{
					VID0, 16,
					DID0, 16,
							Offset (0x4C),
					DCKA, 1,
							Offset (0x4D),
					DCKM, 1,
						, 6,
					DCKS, 1,
							Offset (0x54),
						, 15,
					PMES, 1
				}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x06)
						{
							"layout-id",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x0d, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
							},

"PinConfigurations",
							Buffer (Zero) {},

"platformFamily",
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x00
							}
					 }, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x09,
					0x04
				})
			}
Most important is "layout-id" (269), determines Device Id used in kexts. And from my experiences this is the best duet AppleHDA/IOAudioFamily.

Hope this will help.

P.S. If this won't help digg for HDMI

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Hope this will help.

Thanks, indeed it did! Console is clean now.

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

Thanks, indeed it did! Console is clean now.

My pleasure derekreid.
Evidently you've got identical audio card like mine :wink2:
I prepared my kexts especially for my laptop model following the gurus like THe KiNG. I prefer manual switching INs and OUTs but is possible to get autoswitching of course.

P.S. That works in Mountain Lion DP3 too.

angelswithneedles

angelswithneedles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Bungo,

I'm using your ALC269 AppleHDA + IOAudioFamily with modified pinconfigs & pathmaps, it works great. I would like to try patching the stock 10.8 AppleHDA though and I'm wondering if you know what the procedure is to binary patch AppleHDA. I've tried running the command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x69\x02\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA

to no avail (I get a few sound assertions when booting and no device is recognized). I have everything else set up as in the older versions, the only other difference is that the layoutXX.xml and Platforms.xml files are now compressed into zlibs (I'm using RevoGirl's zlib compression/extraction script to edit them http://revogirl.word...ntain-lion-dp3/). Any help would be much appreciated.

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

Hi Bungo,

I'm using your ALC269 AppleHDA + IOAudioFamily with modified pinconfigs & pathmaps, it works great. I would like to try patching the stock 10.8 AppleHDA though and I'm wondering if you know what the procedure is to binary patch AppleHDA. I've tried running the command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x69\x02\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA

Hi,
Try this:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x62\x02\xec\x10|\x69\x02\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
if you wish to patch a stock AppleHDA located in /S/L/E. HDAWizard by Janek202 can do it for you. ;)

to no avail (I get a few sound assertions when booting and no device is recognized). I have everything else set up as in the older versions, the only other difference is that the layoutXX.xml and Platforms.xml files are now compressed into zlibs (I'm using RevoGirl's zlib compression/extraction script to edit them http://revogirl.word...ntain-lion-dp3/). Any help would be much appreciated.

In my opinion and experiences the duet (AppleHDA+IOAudioFamily) from my post #323 is the best solution now (until patched IOAudioFamily for next OS X's will be developed). Mixing newer AppleHDA with that patched IOAudioFamily doesn't work and stock IOAudioFamily doesn't work (correctly) with our ALC269.

Morphium

Morphium

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
OK. Who did the jump to 10.8?

Bungo? 8)
Whats broken or what has to be considered?

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
i have a question to Samsung Notebook R780H with Bios 05JA from 2009 i can't boot.

Kernel Panic with not right AppleACPIplatform.kext and IOACPI.kext and IOPCI.kext

Friend "Bongo" you've got almost the same laptop as me, my words exactly: NP-R780H-JS05DE

i have testet your kexts in S/l/e... ever this errors we above. i will test with Lion 10.7.4 on this Netbook.

Have you please tips for me ?

Work this Netbook with actual ML 10.8.2 ?

Is my first Experiment with a netbook since installing Mac OS.

Thank you... excuse me my bad english, i from Germany

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy