• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Spiteful Monkey

Spiteful Monkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Just started working on trying to get SL installed on this lil guy. Anyone here had any experience with this model? Any and all help would be appreciated. I have searched all over and only seen one other post of someone asking for info as well.

Thanks in advance!

XStylus

XStylus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Just started working on trying to get SL installed on this lil guy. Anyone here had any experience with this model? Any and all help would be appreciated. I have searched all over and only seen one other post of someone asking for info as well.

Thanks in advance!

Would this be your first hackintosh? What have you tried and how far along have you gotten?

I'm interested in an R705 as well. Would like to see someone successfully get OSX on it before I get one.

Spiteful Monkey

Spiteful Monkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Would this be your first hackintosh? What have you tried and how far along have you gotten?

I'm interested in an R705 as well. Would like to see someone successfully get OSX on it before I get one.

I can install with #####, I have had no luck booting without using that cd though

DaGreek

DaGreek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can install with #####, I have had no luck booting without using that cd though

Are you using iatkos s3 to install? and if so, what patches/options are you installing? whenever i try to boot after install i keep getting a kernel panic.

snipeshawt

snipeshawt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've got it installed using the retail DVD. The only way i've gotten it to boot is if you remove the AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and plugins from the S/L/E folder. It then boots regularly with a standard 1024x768 resolution and of course, no QE. So far it looks like there's no real way to get the HD intel graphics to work without another discrete card installed like in the macbooks, so the standalone intel HD graphics computers are without any QE. Also, i haven't looked into the wireless card much, but i'm thinking theres little support there too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy