[Buying Thoughts] Hackintosh Build & Questions

br33zy

2 posts in this topic

Anything else I'm missing? Or are there any recommendations on the current specifications?

My budget is around ~$2500

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R = some members reporting there's a Rev2 and its very difficult for some users to get there ethernet working...may want to read through. Get Rev1 if possible

Core i7-950 3.06GHz 229.99

On your graphics it would be easier if you had a previous card that worked on SL 10.6.0-3 so you can tinker without getting frustrated. I started with a 7300gt and Leopard so its much easier to actually have something that is proven to work. And as of now for CUDA and stuff relating to content creation (film effects) a GTX285 should work great un-till the GF100 Fermi drivers are available for the GTX470. I would stick to Windows for gaming and even SLI or Crossfire is well worth it for gaming. You should consider what your going to do. Don't be fooled into believing OSX is faster. Its just stable and runs like the energizer bunny. SSD's fly on Windows 7 thats a fact. And you can use RAM drives in Windows 7.