Professor Piff

Professor Piff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

okay I have followed the guide right and booted -v
it hangs up on
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :Start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ) timed out

any and all help greatly appreciated

Having the same problem here... i've read and re-read and re-read some more. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Would really like to make something out of this $15 computer.
Posted Image

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Having the same problem here... i've read and re-read and re-read some more. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Would really like to make something out of this $15 computer.
Posted Image

blacklisted = u are using a kernel hats modified.
fakesmc isnt loading.
wrong smbios.plist model
secondary ide channel disabled is the IOATA panicfix needed on sat1 in dsdt.. or bios settings

franko776

franko776

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the great guide.

I am a total noob to this, but thanks to you and this forum ive been doing ALOT of learning on regards to hackintoshing!

I wanted to add, that I was able to drop a Pentium D940 3.2Ghz dual core in the GX520, and it runs it without problems (My GX520 originally came with a crappy centrino D chip LOL). It is actualy detected as an intel 3.19ghz intel core 2 duo (weird huh?) so, if anybody wants to push these little machines a bit more, I highly recommend dropping 4 gigs of ram, an additional low pofile card and a pentium d940. total cost for ram and chip is less than $100, so its a worthwile upgrade. I was able to fix the app store not working by using another guide here that uses EFI Studio, and everything is running like a charm. I actually have 2 gx520's and I could have just copied the drives and that would have been easier, but I wanted to learn how to do it from scratch. So I used the "eye boot" legacy disc with the Snow leopard 10.6, (if your GX520 has a dvd rom its alot faster this way, rather than wait for the mpkg file to transfer over on a usb key) loaded everything on the guide to the USB key and installed Ihack with your recommendations, copied over to the desktop and applied all kexts as per your instructions and added all kernels after the updates. Can honestly say the second hack was way way smoother than the first one, and much easier. Im still learning about the differences between chocolate and vanilla kernels, and im sure i'll ruin a couple of more installs before I get it right LOL. Can you tell me what the mayor differences would be between the 2 and if the performance is really that much better or worse?

Thanks.

Dell Optiplex GX520 (Hackintosh running SL 10.6.8 with all updates)
3.19 intel Dual Core 2 Duo (Pentium D940 processor)
2 gigs of ram
Stock intel 950 graphics

Second Unit
Shuttle XPC SB77G5 (Hackintosh running SL 10.6.8 with all updates) (about this mac window not working LOL, everything else runs perfect)
Pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor
2 gigs of ram
Nvidia 8400GS graphics

franko776

franko776

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Image

Did you check in your BIOS your hard drive options and set it to combination mode? I had that happening to me also and as soon as I changed it in the Bios Everything worked without a hitch.

ideo

ideo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So i put the DSDT.aml to make the graphics work and now i boot up to a grey screen. Any ideas? GX520 SFF with Pentium D.

ideo

ideo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So the DSDT.aml wont work even if i have a tiny little bit different hardware. That's fine. I'll use the framebuffer until i figure out how create a DSDT. Next thing is how can i force a resolution of 1336 x 768? My monitor is 1024x768 but i want to be able to get anamorphic output into it.

Thirddevil

Thirddevil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a quick question, I have just succeeded in hackintoshing my gx520 mini tower, and am about to follow the update instructions but I was wondering if there is a quicker way of doing it? ie: can I change to vannilla kernal first and then just run software update? Or can I just run the latest update part of the guide? Or does it have to be step by step? Currently it is running the 10.6.3 version that came on my retail disk, it took me a good few attempts to make it work and is now running well so I dont wanna muck it up. One other thing I was wondering was if anybody had succeeded in getting lion on one of these?

Many thanks.
Ps: this forum has been my sole resource for making this work so thank you guys.

redneck

redneck

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
help please>10.6.8 legacy kernel>
I got everything to work update 6.7 then 6.8 but now after 6.8 I can only boot in the safe mode. or black screen.

darkcompgeek

darkcompgeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I've followed this guide, and everything worked perfectly! I'm now on 10.6.8 with the legacy kernel. I decided to install iLife '11 and it worked (by changing the date to something before 2011)

Point is, is it safe to use software update to install the full Garageband loops? or for that matter, any other non-system software?

Just making sure in case the system gets a kernel panic/loading error later on.

OscarLondon95

OscarLondon95

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I followed your exact procedure but in verbose it's stuck at a screen which updates (increases the number - here it is 1055 to 1059 and so on) every 5 s or so.

localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[1055]: Login Window Application

I get this when I boot from the USB.
Thanks for any help

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

10.7 requires a 64-bit processor which you do not have

Wrong.

The Europe/UK version of the GX520 (small form factor) are:
Intel P4 HT 3.00GHz and
Intel Pentium D 3.06GHz and they are both 64 bit and also come with an CD drive (Not DVD's)

More info can be found at: http://forum.pfsense....html#msg306278

Has anyone attempted to install Lion yet? If so what version?

Cerastez

Cerastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Hello

I've followed this guide, and everything worked perfectly! I'm now on 10.6.8 with the legacy kernel. I decided to install iLife '11 and it worked (by changing the date to something before 2011)

Point is, is it safe to use software update to install the full Garageband loops? or for that matter, any other non-system software?

Just making sure in case the system gets a kernel panic/loading error later on.

It is safe to use Software Update after you have installed 10.6.8. I have a GX620 (pretty much identical to a gx520) and using Software Update worked perfectly, no problems.

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

It is safe to use Software Update after you have installed 10.6.8. I have a GX620 (pretty much identical to a gx520) and using Software Update worked perfectly, no problems.

The only way is to try it so ny advise would be:

1) backup everything!
2) Dont tick the Java update thing

Report back to help the community :) i would have a bash at it but i dont have a DVD ROM drive/USB stick yet.

roses

roses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Caveat: I think in hindsight Delmanntt is referring to the real **RETAIL** version of the DVD as purchased from Apple.

My post below refers to distros.

Just to put the cat among the pigeons:

I installed Hazard's 10.6.1-10.6.2 on my GX620 STRAIGHT from the DVD which I burned on my PC from the ISO WITHOUT going through all that rigmarole as described by Dellmantt. Sorry mate, don't mean to denigrate your hard work and very long post but it really was a piece of cake for me. One of the easiest and quickest intalls in fact. I even used TransMac to restore the ISO to a USB stick and installed direct from that too. (I expected a HUGE decrease in install time too, although to be honest it wasn't all that much faster, especially taking into account the time for the TM transfer.) However, for me, I'm still booting from Nawcom's ModCD every time as none of the B/Ls work for me - could be I'm doing something wrong as I'm very new to all this.

I also installed Hazard's 10.6.6i VERY easily too, from both DVD and USB stick, although I can't remember if I booted first before install from the ModCD. I'll get back to you on that.

Edit #1: deleted

Edit #2: My apologies, I didn't let it run long enough. Direct from DVD, it does indeed cause KP after about 45 secs of install. To overcome this, i boot first with Nawcoms's ModCD, swap discs, press F5, and install 10.6.6i from there, no special boot flags needed. The only prob for me is that after install has finished and it reboots to keyboard recognition screen, it won't recognise the USB keyboard and mouse (although I did check the USB3.0 and USBFix in Customise Install) and of course there are no PS/2 ports on the Optiplex. As a workaround, I simply take the SSD and boot it up on my ASRock/AMD 4200+ system which I usually use for Windows. Then after keyboard recognition and registering and it boots to the desktop, I shut down and just put the SSD back in the GX620.

I solved the no internet problem by uninstalling the BCM5751 kext, rebooting into BIOS, disabling the NIC, saving those settings, rebooting into MAC OS X, using Kext Utility to add the 5751 kext, shutting down, rebooting into BIOS, re-enabling the NIC, saving those settings, and booting into OS X. Bingo, interntet now works, IP address is correctly assigned.

In other words, and in short, installing the kext with NIC disabled in BIOS, then switching it back on again. No idea why it works but it does.

But I am definitely going to try Dellmantt's instructions for the Combo update without getting the KP at [PCI configuration begin].

roses

roses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

A simple question (with a simple answer I hope):

If all is going well after a combo update (eg from 10.6.6 to 10.6.8), for how long should one see the [PCI configuration begin] message? I see a lot of disk activity in the first few minutes, but then it's unclear to me if there has been a KP. I usually lose my patience after 5-10 minutes - or should I let it go longer?

What will be the next line of text if the configuration is successful?

Also, is it necessary for the distro DVD to be in the drive during this procedure? (I see DVD-ROM drive LED activity as well and I wonder which data is being read.) 

anarkhos

anarkhos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

IMG_0305.jpg

I'm getting the same error. I've tried a number of things suggested on this thread to no avail. I'm at my wit's end and will likely try iATkos next even though I prefer to keep things clean a working system is better than no system!

anarkhos

anarkhos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I also installed Hazard's 10.6.6i VERY easily too, from both DVD and USB stick, although I can't remember if I booted first before install from the ModCD. I'll get back to you on that.

I just tried Hazard 10.6.6.i and got a kernel panic on boot. 

I also updated my firmware and neither method works yet

anarkhos

anarkhos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

So I eventually got 10.6.6i working without a boot CD. Repeated attempts to upgrade to 10.6.8 failed (using the nawcom v2 vanilla kernel), so I'm stuck on 10.6.6 which is better than nothing. Working on video, audio, and ethernet now

anarkhos

anarkhos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

So, I got ethernet to work by doing a kextload of the extension in Extra (the other voodoo mentioned in the thread didn't work). I modified MACADD to load it on boot and everything appears to work now (except curiously the volume in the right speaker is louder. Whatever).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy