Hello Friends!

Shirohama

4 posts in this topic

Hello Friends,

I am new to the OSx86 scene, but I am not new to owning Macs. I had a Mac reently for 5 years but then it died as most laptops do and I bought an HP.

HP G62-208CA

A lot of little nuances came to place with this laptop and I was wondering if I could potentially install any version of Mac OS X, Tiger/Leopard/Snow on this laptop.

I've been reading the forums, using the search and the wiki but none have really steered me into the right direction in terms of a proper guide of even if AMD P320 cpus are possible let alone a laptop, because I know there are way more complications to it, like trackpad, wifi drivers etc etc.

The specs for HP G62-208CA are as follows:

- AMD Athlon || Dual-Core Processor P320 (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)

- 320GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive

- 3072MB DDR3 SDRAM (2 Dimm)

- 802.11 b/g/n WLAN

- LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+RW with Double Layer Support

- AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

Now if any of this is possible, write a post!

Thanks for the read.

In order for the OS to work flawlessly, the hardware must be compatible with a real mac hardware. It starts with the processor, chipset, gfx card, lan card, wifi card, sound card. Most compatible for notebooks, Intel C2D processors or iCores, Nividia Cards (stay away from Intel X4500 and ATI's), Realteks and Marvell ethernet, Atheros or Broadcom wifi and ALC889A sound cards. If you have those, it would be a walk in the park... :)

Thanks for the reply, but I'm kind of stuck with this laptop, I can still return it under 14 day policy from Bestbuy, do you have a laptop that you would recommend that is under the budget of 600/700?

Find yourself a new Dell or HP with an intel processor, HDA audio and a Nvidia graphics card and its pretty much guaranteed to work. Excuse me if I cba to search for you, but had a problem finding $700 laptop with an Nvidia chip in it. Hit up dell.com or some such site.