Cant get intel kext to load?

MadSkillzMan

10 posts in this topic

hey guys. So i've FINALLY got my Dell Optiplex GX270 booted into iAtkos v7. Impressed at how fast and responsive it is. I just needed an intel machine for iphone development, have my brothers iMac to actually get the apps on the store

Anyways!

I have a intel ..i think its a GMA915, but device id shows up as 0x2572, or 0x25728086.

Now ive followed the tutorials on modding kext files, but hey, one i didn't even have to as my device was already listed. But nope. It wont load the kext. Is there a way i can try to force it to load said kext?

Says nothing about it when i use verbose mode. Tried the -f bootflag...nothing.

ive used KextHelper B7 to install. ive tried kexts for GMa900, GMa950, AppleIntell830.kext (that one has my device listed)

but to no avail. Im trying to simply get 1280x800 running. About this mac just reports "No kext loaded" under graphics

Anything guys? I KNOW people have gotten this onboard controller to work with full QE/CI. but at the same time i know many have the same problems

iAtkos V7 -OSX10.5.7

Thanks in advance!

I read on here someone modified AppleIntelIntegrated.kext and got it to work. So i did the same. First time i got "This Kernel extension was installed imporperly and cannot be used" telling me, COOL maybe it atleast read it.

So i removed it and used KextHelper.b7, but nothing now grrrrr

Kinda hard to run the iphone simulator when it barley fits on your screen!

I have a intel ..i think its a GMA915, but device id shows up as 0x2572, or 0x25728086.

Thanks in advance!

Onboard VGA: Intel 82865G - Device/Vendor ID is 0x25728086

0x8086; 0x2572 Intel 82865

You will not get QE/C. You can change the resolution in boot.plist thats all

Best bet is to get a PCI video card

;)

Id be happy if i could change the res in the boot.plist. THAT NEVER WORKS! Any ideas there?

I just want 1280x800@32!

Copy com.apple.boot.plist to desktop, edit with textedit then replace. There are probably two, one in the extra folder and one in library/preferences/system configuration. Try editing both

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1200x800x32</string>

if it reads the one in /Extras first, taht would explain quite alot. Cause when i edit it in the main one, it doesent do anything

However when i enter it as a bootflag in Chameleon, the system like force reboots, it doesnt even try.

Ive got an IBM thinkCentre in the basement. And when i swapped the hard drive from my dell into it, it booted right up, graphics worked flawlessly...just needa figure out audio

Though i'd love to get snow-leo on there for current iphone sdk..hmm..

Added the .plist to /Extras. No go. GRR!

This is REALLY starting to tick me off. If i had a pci card i'd use it, best ive got is a GeForce 440MX Agp. I just need the higher rest to run the iphone simulator without much hassle

The IBM i mentioned did in fact boot, but the only thing that ran was Safar. Xcode or mounting a DMG caused the whole machine to freeze. Rightfully so though, wasn't installed on it primarilly, was just to see if it worked.

Thanks for all your help so far guys. When i manually enter the flag into Chameleon though, darn thing does a quick retstart and doesnt even try