Computer Lab Setup Advice Needed

regan313

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a computer lab to instruct on topics such as Adobe Creative Suite 4 & 5, Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft Office Apps as well as Faronics Deepfreeze in order to minimize the tech maintenance. I will also be running parallels so that students can choose to run Windows xp / Vista.

I am looking for the bare minimum system capable of running all of these apps. System requirements from Software Vendors boils down to:

CPU: multi core 64 bit

RAM: 4 Gigs

HD: 50+ Gigs 7200 RPM

VIDEO: OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM, support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0

I'm looking for as cheap as possible of a system (this is not for my personal use, just business, no pleasure ;) )

I'm a total noob to hackintosh's and looking for advice, a complete equipment list and links to directions from start to finish. Thanks in advance!

definitely did not intend on advertising for faronics, the link was just in case ppl didn't know what i was talking about.

i guess i posted in the wrong place, i was under the impression that forums were the place to go for free advice, help, and guidance, my mistake.

Who or what are you building this lab for? I would think the legal ramifications would preclude a whole lab worth of hack's. Especially if money is somehow being made off of said lab, ie instruction fees, tuition if it's a school, etc. I would pick a handful of motherboards that fit your criteria, then search these forums to see the success or lack there of for each board. If you can't find a board look up it's chipset. I would suggest nVidia for your video, more options for success. I still think the illegality of the venture is staggering.