• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mantas_uk

mantas_uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this idea, that it MAY be possible to create a kext to enable the apple keyboard buttons to issue DDC/CI commands to control brightness of the 3rd party monitors connected to macs / hackintoshes. I have tried to find out more information regarding this subject, but it appears the subject is moot. There is no DDC/CI interface or command line interfaces on Mac (at least Google knows nothing about them). I was wondering, does anyone else have any views regarding this, and does anyone else have gotten their brightness buttons to work with 3rd party monitors. The idea of passing DDC/CI commands to the monitor would be great, since it would work with most monitors, and would allow the brightness to be set via software. I guess it should not be that difficult to implement, if some form of DDC/CI interface exists for a mac. So basically, please comment on the ideas outlined above, maybe someone knows something more?

Dan ZG

Dan ZG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump!!

Any way to do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy