Asus Striker 2 Extreme Probs

Master MarK

128 posts in this topic

Yes its still there what now ?

Use Terminal to repair the /System/Library/Extensions/ kext ownership and permissions as follows:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

and reboot with -v -f

Use Terminal to repair the /System/Library/Extensions/ kext ownership and permissions as follows:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

and reboot with -v -f

Ive done everything you said and there is no difference :(

Ive done everything you said and there is no difference :P

Try running Dr. Hurt's Chameleon 2.0 RC4 Installer and in com.apple.Boot.plist, include these lines:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

If that alone does not work, then try:

<string>yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

Only if the above does not work, will we try EFI graphics string, or NVEnabler approaches........

BUT I am not certain (in fact, I do not believe) that your Nvidia GTX 260 will work under Leopard.........you may have to install Snow Leopard and then use the GraphicsEnabler method as above........

Try running Dr. Hurt's Chameleon 2.0 RC4 Installer and in com.apple.Boot.plist, include these lines:

<string>Yes</string>

If that alone does not work, then try:

<string>yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

Only if the above does not work, will we try EFI graphics string, or NVEnabler approaches........

BUT I am not certain (in fact, I do not believe) that your Nvidia GTX 260 will work under Leopard.........you may have to install Snow Leopard and then use the GraphicsEnabler method as above........

i think im going to give up on this project ;) its driving me insane

Thankyou for all you help and i hope other people reading this will have learned alot about this asus board.

I tried installing the file and it failed to install plus added the txt to com.apple and nothin :P

i think im going to give up on this project :P its driving me insane

Thankyou for all you help and i hope other people reading this will have learned alot about this asus board.

I tried installing the file and it failed to install plus added the txt to com.apple and nothin :)

Why let all your rapid learning go to waste..........? ;)

I have PM'd you with another procedure to try............. :D

If that does not work, use Leopard in VESA mode with your GTX260 896MB (Core 216) graphics card, to generate what you need to install Snow Leopard using my nForce Snow Leopard Install Guide, where you can post your Snow leopard installation questions......... :)

Hi guys you have probly heard this a thousand times but here goes.

My spec:

Asus Striker 2 Extreme

2gig Ram

Quadcore Q6600

Nvidia GTX 260

3x Sata Hdd

1 sata dvd Burner

Trying to install IATKOS V7 always end up with cannot find root device

ive changed all the bios

Im booting From dvd on boot up

and i only got 1 sata plugged in 120gig ive partitioned a 20gig and formated FAT32

been at this for weeks now tried everything any help guys were im going wrong.

Thanks

Im back to have another go lol

Im back to have another go lol

Hope it goes successfully.......... :rolleyes:

Thankyou and thanks for your help before I've started from scratch iatkos v7 installed with your costume settings

Hope it goes successfully.......... ;)

Thankyou and thanks for your help before I've started from scratch iatkos v7 installed with your costume settings

Ok here goes my first problem allready

only got a usb keyboard & mouse plugged in.

using -v command and im getting error

IOKitwait quiet Kextd[10] timed out ???

Can you help me this time round but be gentle not to much jargon lol im still learning

Ok here goes my first problem allready

only got a usb keyboard & mouse plugged in.

using -v command and im getting error

IOKitwait quiet Kextd[10] timed out ???

Can you help me this time round but be gentle not to much jargon lol im still learning

So did iATKOS v7 install go OK?

How long did you wait for "kextd[12] iokitwait(quiet) timed out waiting to write kernel symbols" to disappear?

It should hopefully disappear.........you should boot to the Desktop within about 1 minute 30 seconds or less.....if not, make a copy of the IOATAFamily.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ and keep it somewhere safe, then install nForceIOATAFamily.kext using Kext Helper b7........and reboot with -v -f.......

IMG_0117.jpg

So did iATKOS v7 install go OK?

How long did you wait for "kextd[12] iokitwait(quiet) timed out waiting to write kernel symbols" to disappear?

It should hopefully disappear.........you should boot to the Desktop within about 1 minute 30 seconds or less.....if not, make a copy of the IOATAFamily.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ and keep it somewhere safe, then install nForceIOATAFamily.kext using Kext Helper b7........and reboot with -v -f.......

It was Kext 10 not 12

kextd[10] iokitwait(quiet) timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

i waited about 10 minutes and nothin ;)

How can i get into /System/Library/Extensions/ if i cant boot into the mac i cannot see the drive in windows ???

It was Kext 10 not 12

kextd[10] iokitwait(quiet) timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

i waited about 10 minutes and nothin :(

How can i get into /System/Library/Extensions/ if i cant boot into the mac i cannot see the drive in windows ???

Are you using TransMac, or MacDrive, in Windows?

Are you using TransMac, or MacDrive, in Windows?

Im using none lol

Anyway i tried a reinstall and im good to go :(

Ive installed the lan & i got sound :thumbsup_anim:

Back to the gfx card and its still the same

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x05e2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

What shall i try first now i have it up and running please :D

Also this is my com.apple.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>custom</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</plist>

I cannot edit this as its tellin me i dont have admin privliges ??????

Im using none lol

Anyway i tried a reinstall and im good to go :(

Ive installed the lan & i got sound :thumbsup_anim:

Back to the gfx card and its still the same

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x05e2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

What shall i try first now i have it up and running please :D

Also this is my com.apple.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>custom</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</plist>

I cannot edit this as its tellin me i dont have admin privliges ??????

How did you set up your OS X User Account..........did you set up a Standard or Administrator Account?

Now that you have got iATKOS v7 Leopard installed and running OK, if the procedure I PM'd you does not work, then simply use Leopard in VESA mode with your GTX260 896MB (Core 216) graphics card, to generate what you need to install Snow Leopard using my nForce Snow Leopard Install Guide, where you can post your Snow leopard installation questions......... :)

I think is was a standard account I've looked at the other post and it's huge I don't understand 80% of it mate sorry I'm gonna try another approach using the 10.6.3 retail install method

How did you set up your OS X User Account..........did you set up a Standard or Administrator Account?

Now that you have got iATKOS v7 Leopard installed and running OK, if the procedure I PM'd you does not work, then simply use Leopard in VESA mode with your GTX260 896MB (Core 216) graphics card, to generate what you need to install Snow Leopard using my nForce Snow Leopard Install Guide, where you can post your Snow leopard installation questions......... :)

I think is was a standard account I've looked at the other post and it's huge I don't understand 80% of it mate sorry I'm gonna try another approach using the 10.6.3 retail install method

If my nForce Snow leopard Retail install guide is too scary at present, then follow my iATKOS S3 v2 nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO install guide........... :)

Just d/l iATKOS S3 v2 so i will follow your guide will this guide sort out my gtx220 gfx card ?

I recommend that you set up two OS X target volumes (equal size) using Disk Utility on iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD and initially install without any video option selected in Customise Menu.........get this basic OS X system working with networking and audio first (in simple VESA mode, i.e. with no CI/QE via your GTX220 graphics card).........then clone it to the other target volume.........and on this cloned copy, you can re-run the iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD selecting only different video options to find one that works for your card...........first try with Graphics Enabler option (with and without -pci1 option)........... ;)

Installing DVD now seems to be hanging on 16 mins shall I just be patient or has it crashed

I recommend that you set up two OS X target volumes (equal size) using Disk Utility on iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD and initially install without any video option selected in Customise Menu.........get this basic OS X system working with networking and audio first (in simple VESA mode, i.e. with no CI/QE via your GTX220 graphics card).........then clone it to the other target volume.........and on this cloned copy, you can re-run the iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD selecting only different video options to find one that works for your card...........first try with Graphics Enabler option (with and without -pci1 option)........... :wacko:

Ok so I've installed it ok I got sound "stayin alive sound track" but no screen just black I've only ticked. Graphic enabler without pci1 I'm booting the cd again a checking pci1 let u know how it goes soo n

Installing DVD now seems to be hanging on 16 mins shall I just be patient or has it crashed

Arrrrrrrghhhh you cannot add more drivers the iatkos is blanked out so u can't uncheck it nooooooo

Ok so I've installed it ok I got sound "stayin alive sound track" but no screen just black I've only ticked. Graphic enabler without pci1 I'm booting the cd again a checking pci1 let u know how it goes soo n

Arrrrrrrghhhh you cannot add more drivers the iatkos is blanked out so u can't uncheck it nooooooo

Hence my recommendation to set up two basic working OS X systems, so that one can be used to "fix" the one you are using to sort out your video on.........

I've done 2 partitions 80 gig each I installed on osx_main and it didn't work

Please elaborate on "it didn't work "........

I explained on my last post I heard a song playing stayin alive soundtrack but my monitor turned off no gfx card screen was black

OK.........try each of these steps

1. Swap your display connector to the other port on your graphics card

2. Type the following commands:

mount -uw /
mkdir /GFXKext
cp -p -r /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext /GFXKext/
cp -p -r /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext /GFXKext/
cp -p -r /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext /GFXKext/
cd /GFXKext/
ls

If all the NV* and GeForce* files are in /GFXKext/, then type

rm -r -f /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*.kext
rm -r -f /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -r -f /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
ls
exit
boot

"If all the the NV*, Ge* and GeForce* kexts are gone, then re-boot with -v -f.......you will be using VESA mode so no QE/CI functions at present......"