{Guide} P5N-E 10.6.4 Install Fully Working {Guide}

Help me help you  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Did this guide Help you get SL installed?

• Yes worked perfect
    • Yes it kinda worked
    • No this guide sucked.

31 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There (wherever you are) :)

I have a perfect 10.6.4 install using another method found in this place, but sleeps don´t work. (almost perfect!)

You talk about the 5v pin from usb devices or keyboard devices that is the derfault setting in the mobo?

Can you explain more detail please curtis? Sorry to bother you.

Greetings from the end of the world, where 33 miners are below 700 mts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this guide, it helped and I managed to get snow leopard on my ASUS P5N-E. It is stable, although I do not have all drivers installed yet.

However, I used the retail SL install DVD on a flash drive using myHack.

My setup, in case my sig changes:

MOBO: ASUS P5N-E

CPU: Pentium D 805

RAM: 1GB (512x2)

HD: Samsung 250GB IDE

DVD: Pioneer A07 IDE

Video: ASUS NVidia 7300GT

other: Genuine Apple USB keyboard and microsoft USB mouse

A few things that I had to do differently:

1. Because I was using myHack, I did the whole install from a USB thumb drive.

2. My Pentium D 805 @2.66Ghz was overclocked to 3.4Ghz stable operation for WinXP, but it threw lots of errors on SL. Actually couldn't even get past the install. When I changed the clock to stock speed all went well. I will try overclocking again in small increments.

3. I used the "chocolate kernel," the one that is bundled with myHack, so that OSX would work properly with my Pentium D processor.

4. I manually added the AppleNForceATA.kext (found on this forum somewhere) to my IOATAfamily.kext bundled with myHack to get my IDE drives recognized. This step had to be performed when making the install USB drive, and then repeated after installing SL.

5. Within myHack, I enabled the "GraphicsEnabler." I got the full use of my Nvidia 7300GT, Quartz Extreme and Core Image seem to be working properly as checked by dashboard and front row.

6. I am not using any SATA devices... When I do I may have to revisit my kext's.

Remaining issues:

1. I am not sure if both cores are being registered properly in OSX. However I see two CPU graphs in activity monitor so I am assuming that all is well.

2. Get built-in audio to work.

3. Find a wireless networking card.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi There (wherever you are) :)

I have a perfect 10.6.4 install using another method found in this place, but sleeps don´t work. (almost perfect!)

You talk about the 5v pin from usb devices or keyboard devices that is the derfault setting in the mobo?

Can you explain more detail please curtis? Sorry to bother you.

Greetings from the end of the world, where 33 miners are below 700 mts.

go here and get the manual

http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=KyHOsOKWujC2QguJ

on page 27 of the manual, there is all the information about getting the 5V jumper set up. it worked for me so there ya go

• 1 month later...