Safari 5 + Flash 10.1 = Crash = Solution!

8 posts in this topic

I updated to 10.6.4 and Safari 5.

Unfortunately latest flash version 10.1 causes crash on my Hackintosh. Without flash, safari works nicely.

But when i opened a page includes flash, it freeze my dock and my left click.

I found the solution. If you have same problem, you can try this.

Uninstall your 10.1 flash version. You can download uninstaller from here.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

And install Flash 10r45 v2. (flashplayer10r45_2_ub_mac.dmg)

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...p10_archive.zip

It solved this problem.

I have the same problem, but what's special about 10r45? Was that the version 1 public release before 10.1?

I am thinking of doing something more conservative, which is to disable plugins in Safari while the current Flash version and current Safari version don't work well with each other, and also use other browsers instead.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem, but what's special about 10r45? Was that the version 1 public release before 10.1?

I am thinking of doing something more conservative, which is to disable plugins in Safari while the current Flash version and current Safari version don't work well with each other, and also use other browsers instead.

Same problem , i have read that the problem is when you enable quartz with osx86 tools

Any other solution ?

Same problem , i have read that the problem is when you enable quartz with osx86 tools

Any other solution ?

You mean QuartzGL? Its broken and never meant to be used.

I use to have same problem,so i discovered "ClickToFlash" google it,

Speeded up my safari ,and the bonus is i don have to look of all the crappy adds flashing anymore. :)

Or Flashless

• 6 months later...