69 replies to this topic

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts

Really?

All I see is :
John (JawhnL5) has left osxl along with the research for a GMA 4500 qe/ci solution

He decided not to share any of his kexts or even a IOreg for that matter. Also he decided to make it closed to everyone at OSXL and told us that he did not want to be bothered anymore about it and he would release it in his own time for what ever that is worth.

sugarface

sugarface

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Sugar, OSX, C++

How do I make this work? I got kernel panic with this on Mavericks.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,916 posts

How do I make this work? I got kernel panic with this on Mavericks.

What is mean "with this"?

Such video cards controlled by GMA950 or X3100 drivers that are 32 bit only. They are not supported by Mavericks.

Use OSX 10.7.5 or install other video.

I tested G41M chipset with embedded video DevID=0x2e32. Booted by Clover I have native resolution. The system is about full working: internet, office, development. There is no OpenGL, no QE/CI and so some applications will be unavailable. There is also no color calibration so working with photo will be not perfect. As well as on Windows.  ;)

Abhijeetm31

Abhijeetm31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

i have gma x4500...and m running on OS X Mountain Lion...how to enable/install driver?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,916 posts

i have gma x4500...and m running on OS X Mountain Lion...how to enable/install driver?

No way. See my previous post.

Abhijeetm31

Abhijeetm31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

:( so can i run mavericks?

is there any way to fix "Launchpad" glitches?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

go with Lion 32bits

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts

:( so can i run mavericks?

is there any way to fix "Launchpad" glitches?

Please read again Slices post. 

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,108 posts

There is NO support for GMA4500!!!!!!   :wallbash:

Stop asking, it will NEVER work! Resolution change does not constitute working graphics.. An accelerator would need to be written from scratch to support this graphics and NO ONE has ever made one and its not worth it for any one to do so.

phuc116

phuc116

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone, I am another person who's facing the problem with resolution of the Intel G41 Express Chipset. My system is Dell Vostro Mini Tower Desktop.

I've successfully install the iAtkos ML2 to my PC and facing both the problem of the chipset and the display (a Dell one with native resolution of 1440x900), I think.

After installing, the OS preference said display adapter is 64 MB of Unknown Shared System Memory, I've tried a lot of kexts but failed, when I tried the kext for 10.6.2 from the post of bboyg, my OS recognize the name of the Chipset and said that it is "G41 Intel Express Chipset" but the resolution still maintains at stretched 1024 x 768.

I've tried editing the org.chamelon.boot.plist by defining boot options to Graphics Enabler = yes, "Graphic Mode = "1440x900x32" in many different ways including adjust directly edit file by text editor or using chamelon wizard sofware, then RESTART, right at booting step, the DELL DISPLAY, NOT Chamelon, showed me a message that "the input timing is not correct, please adjust your input timing to 1400x900at 60Hz", and the PC stopped there forever. It's so weird.

When I tried edting the file com.apple.boot.plist to the native resolution, It didn't work.

I've also try booting with the default file of chamelon, at booting step I added the option "Graphic Mode"="1400x900x32", but I still boot into OS with 1024x768. 

Hope to get help from experts to continue to explore the insane Hackintosh. :D. Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy