• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

qingpingliu

qingpingliu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My girlfriend really loves the design of Macbook, but she usually uses WinXP. I'm thinking of buying a Macbook and install WinXP on it. I heard there is no drivers for isight under WinXP. Is it true? And other hardware will be fine? How about wireless LAN?

Harshboy

Harshboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
A friend of mine has Boot Camp and Windows XP on his and Wireless works for him. As for iSight, it doesnt work. Apple is trying hard to make drivers for it, so im sure iSight will be supported soon. Btw, mine comes tommorow :)

biped

biped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
considering the lifespan and staying power of a laptop, buying ( and paying more ) based on physical appearance borders on vanity, but hey this is a mac love in forum anyways so.

wait for the new mac guys to come out atleast. but if your only gonna run XP you may consider either averatec, or sharp, even panasonic make some interesting looking notebooks. and you get an extra mouse button or two.

there are options other than dell/ibm/compaq/toshiba for pc laptops

shadowmoses

shadowmoses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
there is no point getting a macbook to run just XP its little things will annoy you after a while like single trackpad button, no iSight support in XP, and Bootcamp can be unstable so get a generic PC laptop if you wanna run XP,

SHadoW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy