Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Discussion: DSDT Injection

kizwan

787 posts in this topic

Well Kizwan I guess you can keep up the good work with trying to get video working on this laptop. I'm going to try to figure out a solution to get at least audio out to function whether its with DSDT or figuring out a way with voodooHDA. If you need anything from the VPCF115FM laptop just ask and I'll get back to you asap.

Hi Phantom, I have uploaded V3 package for ALC275 at post #1. Please try & let me know the results. Your OS X should be able to boot & enter GUI but if it doesn't, I'm afraid I can't do anything about it. Good luck. ;)

Hi Mammoth,

Thanks to you and Beaups for all your hard work and research on the Sony F series. I just placed a order for HP dv8t. I'm eagerly waiting for your work on dv8t and wanted to follow your footsteps in making a hackintoshed dv8t. Are you going to start a new thread on dv8t tutorial or did you already start one?

Thanks.

Hi MacMan,

Thanks for your coments and suppot. Yes, I plan on starting a new thread and will convert all my work and documentation over to the DV8T.

Today was a good day; I placed my order for my DV8T AND my VAIOhazard sold on eBay! : )

My build date is supposed to be the 10th, so it will be about 2 weeks probably before I get it.

I will make a post here once I get the new thread going.

Mammoth

Hi kizwan,

Based on this thread, it seems that 9600M-GT works with QE and CI on acer 7730G (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157496) , and I've found link for its vga bios:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/29784/A...512.080630.html

hope this helps....thanks a lot...

Unfortunately I didn't find any useful info from the ROM file. However, if you want to, you can try to override the GPU BIOS with the ACER one. All you need to do is:-

1) Rename the ROM file to ACER.ROM

2) Put ACER.ROM file in root directory of your OS X partition (/ACER.ROM)

3) Edit com.apple.Boot.plist file & add these entry:-

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>VideoROM</key>
<string>ACER.ROM</string>
<key>VBIOS</key>
<string>Yes</string>

However I doubt it will works. ;)

hi all

i find another thing:

i drop dsdt from vista with dsdtse windows and there different than those from dsdtse from osx

Device (PCI0)
       {
           Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Store (Zero, ^LPCB.SNC.XECR)
               Store (Zero, ^LPCB.SNC.SNBF)
           }

Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Return (0x02)
           }

Method (_S4D, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Return (0x02)
           }

Method (_Q26, 0, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       P8XH (Zero, 0x26)
                       Notify (SNC, 0x90)
                   }

Method (_Q27, 0, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       P8XH (Zero, 0x27)
                       Notify (SNC, 0x90)
                   }

Method (_Q28, 0, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       P8XH (Zero, 0x28)
                       If (LEqual (OSYS, 0x07D6))
                       {
                           Notify (^^^PEGP.NGFX, 0x81)
                       }
                       Else
                       {
                           Notify (SNC, 0x91)

so on the dsd.dsl from vista they are many times appears the mention snc

and when i compile to aml

and place them to extrathe verbose boot show display matching fails many times but don t boot

may be a tracks if needed i can post my two dsdt if someone would compare

but i think if you get vaio you can do it better than i

regards

Hi MacMan,

Thanks for your coments and suppot. Yes, I plan on starting a new thread and will convert all my work and documentation over to the DV8T.

Today was a good day; I placed my order for my DV8T AND my VAIOhazard sold on eBay! : )

My build date is supposed to be the 10th, so it will be about 2 weeks probably before I get it.

I will make a post here once I get the new thread going.

Mammoth

Thanks Mammoth. Anxiously waiting for your new thread.

I should've purchased a Z instead, lol. It appears to have everything I would've wanted, except the 1920x1080 15"+ screen -_-

But even on the Z you wouldn't be able to control the brightness.

(Frickin' Sony)

hi all

i'vefound report of snc.kext in many site

first in japan site

:名称未設定:2010/04/25(日) 02:09:28 ID:7qFsv4M00
>>741
Xだけど使えとるね
SNC.kextのinfo.plist書き換えれ 

http://pc11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/mac/1259647653

and on this

http://rene.rebe.name/2009-10-29/while-fid...aio-vgn-p-bits/

DANG! I wish I still had my VPCF115FM just so I could test this!

Could someone who DOES please test this and report your findings?

Mammoth

@Kizwan (& others)

I found this very interesting link which talks about getting a Vaio P series laptop to work at native resolution. Perhaps this will be of help:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168426

ALSO check this one:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...426&st=140#

SNC LINK IS HERE!!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1280096

... and this for brightness control

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1283117

Here is some more info on VAIO video (but for GMA500), but may be helpful:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1310855

Please try and report back!

Mammoth

Hi Mammoth,

Have you got your new dv8t? There is no way for me to know whether you started a new thread for dv8t. Please let me know.

Thanks for all your hard work and thanks for your assistance.

Thanks.

Mine is due to be shipped out around the 10th. What about yours?

I will let you know once I get the new thread going.

Mammoth

Kizwan,

Tried V3, no luck. but I found the issue is due to the DSDT file so I'm going to look into yours and one of mine and see iff there is anyway we can make it work.

Phantom, thank you for testing. You can copy the _DSM code in Device (HDEF) & paste to your own DSDT. Don't forget to copy DTGP method to your own DSDT too. Please refer to the notes (ALC275_pin_config_V3 & CodecALC275_codec_verbs_V3.txt) in the package to learn what I have done.

Kizwan, I've tried injecting ACER bios and my own Sony bios, but both seems fail after booting (only black screen, and it doesn't showed up on externala lcd, but the internal lcd backlight is on)...

Thank you for testing. We can ruled out GPU BIOS for the VAIO internal LCD issue.

Phantom, thank you for testing. You can copy the _DSM code in Device (HDEF) & paste to your own DSDT. Don't forget to copy DTGP method to your own DSDT too. Please refer to the notes (ALC275_pin_config_V3 & CodecALC275_codec_verbs_V3.txt) in the package to learn what I have done.

Well, I've taken the DSM method into mine, I can boot but no sound...is there anything else you have in the included dsdt file?

Well, I've taken the DSM method into mine, I can boot but no sound...is there anything else you have in the included dsdt file?

Just _DSM, nothing else. You should see audio input & output devices in System Profiler. Check in log file to see if AppleHDA produced any error messages.

Just _DSM, nothing else. You should see audio input & output devices in System Profiler. Check in log file to see if AppleHDA produced any error messages.

In system profiler here is what shows up:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x104D9067
 Audio ID:	12
 Available Devices:	

and I checked the system.log and you can see the only refrences to AppleHDA here http://pastie.org/997353

I'm going to rerun pfix and see what happens.

EDIT: I'm currently trying the PCIFix kext, I will report the results soon.

In system profiler here is what shows up:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x104D9067
 Audio ID:	12
 Available Devices:	

I see file permission error there. Did you repair the file permission? Please post here your modified DSDT. This is odd, you should see audio input & outputs in System Profiler.

Mine is due to be shipped out around the 10th. What about yours?

I will let you know once I get the new thread going.

Mammoth

Hi Mammoth,

Sorry. Was busy with work. My customized dv8t just arrived yesterday. Looks beautiful. Did you get yours yet? ;)

The first thing I did is to create 4 Recovery DVD-R discs. I'll wait for your input before proceeding.

Thanks.

Hi Mammoth,

Sorry. Was busy with work. My customized dv8t just arrived yesterday. Looks beautiful. Did you get yours yet? :hysterical:

The first thing I did is to create 4 Recovery DVD-R discs. I'll wait for your input before proceeding.

Thanks.

Hey Mac Man 50,

Just checked on mine, it's still in China. : ( It's due to arrive on the 15th it says now. Once I get mine, I will get working on it right away. First the backups AND creation of the restore discs (great job by the way), then I will take out the factory drive an put in a spare hard drive to start experimenting with OS X and creating the new documentation.

I'll let you know once I get it in and once I start the new thread.

Mammoth

I see file permission error there. Did you repair the file permission? Please post here your modified DSDT. This is odd, you should see audio input & outputs in System Profiler.

I ran pfix just after I saw that and still nothing....maybe i;m looking in the wrong place for the errors b/c I notice some sound assertation errors in verbose boot....any idea where I can find those errors in console?

also I tried the pcifix.kext, had to boot in 32 bit mode and I can tell that it is mapping the gfx card and once or twice it would lock up during boot sequence [screen sorta cuts off for a split second and comes back and freezes] it does boot the system up most of the time...maybe the lockup is a sign that we can get the vid card running but I'm not sure...I await further instructions from you guys later on...I've got to reinstall Snow Leopard on my tablet again.