• Please log in to reply
778 replies to this topic

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Hi kizwan, are there any new dsdt that need to be tested?

I'm currently "exploring" the VAIO dsdt to understand why the internal LCD is not working properly. I will post the modified dsdt to be tested when it ready.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
@cloud03, I made a couple of adjustment in the dsdt for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. Please test & post here the results. Thank you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rcdzvdcmmmn

maroundeeb

maroundeeb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Dv5-1060ej?

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I need to see the codec dump first before I can say I can make it to works. If it is possible to make it to work, I will patch the AppleHDA.kext or legacy kext. Also with HDEF injection in DSDT (so that we will not need HDAEnabler.kext). If you can give me ALC275 codec dump, I will examine it to know for certain either I can make it to work or not. Other solution is using VoodooHDA.kext but I don't know if it support ALC275 or not.

kizwwan,

I have a codec dump from ubuntu for both the ALC275 and HDMI audio, would you like to look at it and see if enabling audio via DSDT is possible, just holler if you want them (for VPCF115FM)

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hey everyone,

The EvO team over at osX86.es has created something they call EvOBootboX for Sony VAIO laptops. It's for different models than we are working on (CR11z, CR21z, & CR31z) with an ATI X2300 video card. Here is what they say about this software:

(Translated from Spanish)

Here you have an application addressed to the owners of Sony Vaio computers CR11z, CR31z CR21Z and ATI X2300 graphics card using Snow Leopard. Using this application you will have:

Sound, OpenGL accelerated graphics and resolution 1280 × 800,
DSDT corrected for Snow, Speedstep, battery management, trackpad and keyboard.

The application contains context-sensitive help on each button and Help menu.

It also comes with "Read me first." In comments for this story I leave the "Read me first."

Download link following the link to the forum.

My hope is that Kizwan may be able to get something out of this software to help us. They are saying they can get full video, so how are they doing it?

The site is very difficult to navigate, partly because it's in Spanish (but there are translations buttons). In order to be able to download, you need to be registered, and THAT'S not easy on the site either. :P I have included a link to the download below, and the form. It may not let you download, but it's worth a try.

http://www.osx86.es/...VaioBootboX.zip

The EvOBootboX form
http://www.osx86.es/...x-vaio-edition/

Thanks all,

Mammoth

cloud03

cloud03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

@cloud03, I made a couple of adjustment in the dsdt for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. Please test & post here the results. Thank you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rcdzvdcmmmn

Hi kizwan thanks for the update!

well the R5 DSDT with GraphicsEnabler Yes and No only display on external LCD with QE/CI on, and it shows the vga information on system profiler, but with option No it doesn't shows rom revision entry..

here is the ioreg dump:
Attached File  ioreg_from_R5.zip   589.29KB   9 downloads

cloud03

cloud03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I don't know what I did, but now for all DSDT, with graphicsEnabler=yes it'll only display blue screen on external LCD, anyone know how to fix this?

Update: The problems are fixed..

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

I don't know what I did, but now for all DSDT, with graphicsEnabler=yes it'll only display blue screen on external LCD, anyone know how to fix this?

Hopefully just a loose cable or might you have changed the Source setting. I know, stupid things, but...

Mammoth

sensess

sensess

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh i7 3770k - 16GB - GTX660 TI - Z77MAG45
Hi everyone.
I'm very interested in getting the video working.
I have a Vaio F1190x I think is very similar to yours,

6GB RAM
i7 720
500GB HD 7.2k
Nvidia gt330m
BD Drive

I'm starting in this topic, but If i can Help testing something I'll be happy.
Im Using a SL Retail 10.6.2 disk installation + Combo update to 10.6.3 and Empire Efi for i5/i7 As loader. Also as everyone I'm getting full res only with HDNI and external display
Good luck guys!!

jlvaio

jlvaio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
dear friends

recently i have post all the documentation about why internal screen don't work don't know why the post was deleted and i think no one of you have read the links i give
i say that because i have read your posts and you are wrong and waste time:

i know the problem since 3 years i would fix it but i can't because i don't code or programming but i know how to search ...

and in searching i have found /

the vaio problem on osx is apple had rosetta vaio had SNY50001 et SNY60001 this component control internal screen.
he had other name : snc, for sony notebook control or sony firmware extension parser it appears in dsdt has sfep
i have the information from linux because there was the same problem with internal screen but they have fix because sony forum are open to linux users and so they gave sources of the drivers for linux develloping

on the deleted links i 've posted there was one i wrote source code and under this line i have put the link from linux to edit dsdt to add sfep that fix the issue iof internal screen

i think we win time if someone try this

so what we need to solve:

someone who know how to code try to make a driver for sfep
because osx don't see it

here is a link to my spec:

http://tuxmobil.de/s...stallation.html

here is a link about acpi and snc on vaio

http://tjworld.net/snc/

here information about eeprom on vaio

http://khali.linux-f...aio/eeprom.html

explication about the problem

http://forum.noteboo...aio-laptop.html

this one ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/
it give the xp drivers for snc i have open this files on vista with blocnote and find some lines related to display:
CODE

[SNC_AddService]
DisplayName = %SvcDesc%

scrip for brightness
http://sony-tools.ho...html#sonyscreen

http://programhook.x...-sny6001-driver

the user called mammoth
had save the links they were deleted so it can be nice to repost them

thats all

please read i will try to refind the link for dsdt fix from linux

please read

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

Hi kizwan thanks for the update!

well the R5 DSDT with GraphicsEnabler Yes and No only display on external LCD with QE/CI on, and it shows the vga information on system profiler, but with option No it doesn't shows rom revision entry..

here is the ioreg dump:
Attached File  ioreg_from_R5.zip   589.29KB   9 downloads

Hi cloud03, thanks for the results. This is new modified DSDT (R6) for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. This time I added two methods in DSDT which are "_DOS" (enable/disable output switching) & "_DOD" (enumerate all devices attached to the display adapter). Normally this two methods exist in DSDT. I'm also add some code in the "Device (LCD)" which are:-
_DDC (Return the EDID for this Device)
 _DCS (Return the Status of Output Device)
 _DGS (Query Graphics State)
 _DSS (Device Set State)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zymmuw0iwgo

Please test & post here the results. Good luck.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

dear friends

recently i have post all the documentation about why internal screen don't work don't know why the post was deleted and i think no one of you have read the links i give
i say that because i have read your posts and you are wrong and waste time:

i know the problem since 3 years i would fix it but i can't because i don't code or programming but i know how to search ...

and in searching i have found /

the vaio problem on osx is apple had rosetta vaio had SNY50001 et SNY60001 this component control internal screen.
he had other name : snc, for sony notebook control or sony firmware extension parser it appears in dsdt has sfep
i have the information from linux because there was the same problem with internal screen but they have fix because sony forum are open to linux users and so they gave sources of the drivers for linux develloping

on the deleted links i 've posted there was one i wrote source code and under this line i have put the link from linux to edit dsdt to add sfep that fix the issue iof internal screen

i think we win time if someone try this

so what we need to solve:

someone who know how to code try to make a driver for sfep
because osx don't see it

the user called mammoth
had save the links they were deleted so it can be nice to repost them

thats all

please read i will try to refind the link for dsdt fix from linux

please read

Like JLVaio said, for some reason his post was deleted, and not by him or I. There were many links in his post, so perhaps it was seen as "SPAM" (when it wasn't), and was deleted.

As he also stated, I felt there was valuable information in his links from his post, so I saved them locally to my computer. ;)

I will not "post" them again because as mentioned, someone, or some thing, on high deleted them for some reason, and I do NOT wish to cause any problems or break any InsanelyMac rules. :angel: Instead, I will provide them in an attached OS X TextEdit file.

Originally, JLVaio had posted this information on my thread at: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=218716

But because he has now posted on this thread, I will provide the attachment here for anyone who may be interested in the information.

Attached File  SONY_VAIO_INFO_JLVAIO.zip   2.48KB   42 downloads

Mammoth

stevmach

stevmach

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi everyone !

I have sony VPCEB12FDT with core I3 330m cpu run SL 10.6.3 but no QE/Ci, no sound, no lan and wifi lan but the rest run easy.
i need help to patch DSDT i got 166 errors when i try with DSDT Patcher. I think caused by new cpu i3 with chipset HM55.

Legacy_Kernel Qoopz voodo kernel from tony macx86
no DSDT
chameleon bootloader need to write busratio=16 to start if not still reboot on loop
edited com.apple.boot.plist , add usbbusfix to have usb work and add kext for track pad
resolution 1330x768x32
bluetooht work
camera work with kext

for the DSDT i want to know who can help me ? ;)

cloud03

cloud03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi cloud03, thanks for the results. This is new modified DSDT (R6) for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. This time I added two methods in DSDT which are "_DOS" (enable/disable output switching) & "_DOD" (enumerate all devices attached to the display adapter). Normally this two methods exist in DSDT. I'm also add some code in the "Device (LCD)" which are:-

_DDC (Return the EDID for this Device)
  _DCS (Return the Status of Output Device)
  _DGS (Query Graphics State)
  _DSS (Device Set State)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zymmuw0iwgo

Please test & post here the results. Good luck.

Sorry for replying too late, I was a bit busy today.

I've tried R6 and with both option Yes and No, the display only shows on external LCD, internal LCD unfortunately still off, here is the ioreg dump:

Attached File  ioreg_r6.zip   576.64KB   3 downloads

Thanks for the help :(

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hey everyone,

The EvO team over at osX86.es has created something they call EvOBootboX for Sony VAIO laptops. It's for different models than we are working on (CR11z, CR21z, & CR31z) with an ATI X2300 video card. Here is what they say about this software:

(Translated from Spanish)

Here you have an application addressed to the owners of Sony Vaio computers CR11z, CR31z CR21Z and ATI X2300 graphics card using Snow Leopard. Using this application you will have:

Sound, OpenGL accelerated graphics and resolution 1280 × 800,
DSDT corrected for Snow, Speedstep, battery management, trackpad and keyboard.

The application contains context-sensitive help on each button and Help menu.

It also comes with "Read me first." In comments for this story I leave the "Read me first."

Download link following the link to the forum.

My hope is that Kizwan may be able to get something out of this software to help us. They are saying they can get full video, so how are they doing it?

The site is very difficult to navigate, partly because it's in Spanish (but there are translations buttons). In order to be able to download, you need to be registered, and THAT'S not easy on the site either. ;) I have included a link to the download below, and the form. It may not let you download, but it's worth a try.

http://www.osx86.es/...VaioBootboX.zip

The EvOBootboX form
http://www.osx86.es/...x-vaio-edition/

Thanks all,

Mammoth

Mammoth, is there a way we can get a vanilla dsdt that hasn't been modified? I'd like to see the differences (Ie the changes they made) I think what we need to look at is the SNC device in the DSDT to get things working.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Mammoth, is there a way we can get a vanilla dsdt that hasn't been modified? I'd like to see the differences (Ie the changes they made) I think what we need to look at is the SNC device in the DSDT to get things working.

Thanks Dark for asking for this.

At first I thought, "OK, I have that file somewhere..." then I started wondering how accurate the file I DID have (if I could even determine which one WAS the clean, unaltered DSDT file) actually was. So, here is what I did:

@Kizwan

I have created brand new CLEAN DSDT files for the VPCF115FM/B and this time I did it from Windows using the latest version of iASL for Windows found at this link:

ACPIA.org - iASL for Windows

Here are the new, untouched VPCF115FM/B DSDT files:

Attached File  RAW_DSDT_VPCF115FM.zip   40.91KB   18 downloads

Mammoth

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

kizwan,

I have a codec dump from ubuntu for both the ALC275 and HDMI audio, would you like to look at it and see if enabling audio via DSDT is possible, just holler if you want them (for VPCF115FM)

Hi Phantom, thank you for the codec dump. These are the modified DSDT, legacy kext for ALC275 as well as 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext (patched with ALC275 device ID) for Sony VAIO VPCF115FM. Please refer to Readme.rtf file & the instructions below for further information. No audio through HDMI yet because HDMI audio device is completely different device. Please let me know the results. Thank you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0lntwmjiwjz
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmyygzlzmwm

(EDIT) Instructions:-
- Copy the modified dsdt.aml file in the package to the designated location.
- Copy the legacy kext (ALC275F115FM_106_V1.kext or ALC275F115FM_106_V2.kext) to Extra folder.
- If you're using 10.6.3, you will require to replace the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ folder with the one included in the package.
- Please try both V1 & V2.
Notes:-
- With V1 probably the internal mic will not working. This is because it connected to Audio Selector instead Audio Mixer.
- With V2 I tried to get both internal & external mic working.
For the results, please provide ioreg (using IORegistryExplorer) & System Profiler dump.

cloud03

cloud03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Thanks Dark for asking for this.

At first I thought, "OK, I have that file somewhere..." then I started wondering how accurate the file I DID have (if I could even determine which one WAS the clean, unaltered DSDT file) actually was. So, here is what I did:

@Kizwan

I have created brand new CLEAN DSDT files for the VPCF115FM/B and this time I did it from Windows using the latest version of iASL for Windows found at this link:

ACPIA.org - iASL for Windows

Here are the new, untouched VPCF115FM/B DSDT files:

Attached File  RAW_DSDT_VPCF115FM.zip   40.91KB   18 downloads

Mammoth

I also managed to extract untouched DSDT via Windows, and I'm attaching now, might be helpful...

Attached File  dsdt_VAIO_windows.zip   15.81KB   12 downloads

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

@Kizwan

So I have connected my VPCF115FM/B up to my HDTV via the HDMI out and created a new System Profile and IOReg dump. This just seems crazy, as it really seems like we should be able to get the laptop display to work. In the System Profiler dump, look of course at the Graphics/Displays section, as we all have, but also look at the PCI Cards section! There are 2 graphics devices listed there. On the one that is connected via HDMI, under "Driver Installed" at the top, that one says "Yes" for driver installed but the other one says "No". For Card, both are shown detected as "Unknown".

The way my system is working is, to get 1280 x 1024 output on the laptop display, I do NOT invoke GraphicsEnabler=Yes (in other words, it defaults to "No"). If I want the display on the HDMI connector (and maybe the VGA connector, but I haven't tried that), then on boot up from Chameleon I invoke GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Here are the System Profiler and IORegExplorer dumps that show this.
Attached File  VPCF115FMonHDMIDumps.zip   483.86KB   16 downloads

THANK YOU!

:rolleyes:

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

@Kizwan

So I have connected my VPCF115FM/B up to my HDTV via the HDMI out and created a new System Profile and IOReg dump. This just seems crazy, as it really seems like we should be able to get the laptop display to work. In the System Profiler dump, look of course at the Graphics/Displays section, as we all have, but also look at the PCI Cards section! There are 2 graphics devices listed there. On the one that is connected via HDMI, under "Driver Installed" at the top, that one says "Yes" for driver installed but the other one says "No". For Card, both are shown detected as "Unknown".

The way my system is working is, to get 1280 x 1024 output on the laptop display, I do NOT invoke GraphicsEnabler=Yes (in other words, it defaults to "No"). If I want the display on the HDMI connector (and maybe the VGA connector, but I haven't tried that), then on boot up from Chameleon I invoke GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I think it is not working because driver is not loaded for "NVDA,Parent" device. I noticed that none of the device IDs for both devices is in NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist and/or NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Try put both device IDs in both kext files & see what happen. One other thing is that it missing "attached-gpu-control-path" under NGFX@0 & "gpu-control" under NVDA,Display-A@0 in your ioreg. These are what you should see in the ioreg:-
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy