Sony Vaio VPCF115FM Discussion: DSDT Injection

kizwan

787 posts in this topic

Hi cloud03, these are another two sets of dsdt.aml (R3 & R4) for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. As usual please test both dsdt.aml with GraphicsEnabler=No & Yes. Make sure framebuffer disabler kext & graphic card injector/enabler kext (NVEnabler.kext, ATY_Init.kext, EVOEnabler.kext or similar) are removed or not installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmwyiqj5zjt

R1 and R2 DSDT gives me the same result, GraphicsEnabler=Yes only display on external lcd with QE CI, and with "No" it shows on internal LCD but no QE CI

R3 with both Yes and No, it only display on external lcd with QE CI

R4 somehow failed displaying on both LCD and on both option ("Yes" and "No")

I've uploaded all the ioreg dump with the FrameBufferDisabler.kext removed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mmdd0zowte

Kizwan,

I want you to know that mediafire isn't allowing the DSDT files to be downloaded, is there a way you can post it somewhere. I'd like to test it as I have the laptop with me for the weekend

It seems anybody else was able to download dsdt from mediafire. This is dsdt R11 for Sony Vaio VPCF115FM (the same release posted earlier).

DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e_Mammoth_R11.rar

Can you try the same thing I ask PlumberGr to do at post #37? I haven't got this results yet.

It seems anybody else was able to download dsdt from mediafire. This is dsdt R11 for Sony Vaio VPCF115FM (the same release posted earlier).

Can you try the same thing I ask PlumberGr to do at post ? I haven't got this results yet.

don't waste time read my post i know the problem since 3 years this is not problem of nvcap ;edid

the problem is az module called snc for sony notebook control that mask ,enable or not the internal screen,backlightand other feathures

nothing will happen since tey were issue for snc driver contact the user ryuuu from vaio p topics because he had give a try with pcifix, vaiop enabler that don t work for screen look at evosx86.com there was pere that shows how to patch vaio phoenix bios but there s no fix for internal screen

but maybe can help i have find this documentation on three years search i m the first who find existence of sonypi but no one heard me because i m noob contact krazubu and fassl from project osx.cvom they know a lttle the problem contact diabolik who made nvkush if think its the way of success read posts from linux because they've find issue

read my post

thanks to understand what i ve said the need is only one driver for all vaio the snc driver because on xp there is one driver for all vaio

thats all

R1 and R2 DSDT gives me the same result, GraphicsEnabler=Yes only display on external lcd with QE CI, and with "No" it shows on internal LCD but no QE CI

R3 with both Yes and No, it only display on external lcd with QE CI

R4 somehow failed displaying on both LCD and on both option ("Yes" and "No")

I've uploaded all the ioreg dump with the FrameBufferDisabler.kext removed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mmdd0zowte

Are you sure you don't have enabler/injector kext or EFI strings for graphic card installed? I see different NVCAP injected on some of the ioreg dump.

I'll post another modified dsdt for you in a couple of minutes.

Are you sure you don't have enabler/injector kext or EFI strings for graphic card installed? I see different NVCAP injected on some of the ioreg dump.

I'm pretty sure there is no other enabler/injector/disabler installed, cause I'm using vanilla SL and using myHack (with chameleon rc3) as bootloader, and there was indeed FrameBufferDisabler.kext on Extra\Extensions folder before, but I've removed it and repair disk permissions, and re-dump the ioreg. I didn't found any enabler on Extra\Extensions\ and S\L\E. I'm using chameleon rc4 right now by the way.

Hey Kizwan, you mentioned that the Alc275 fix hasn't been implemented yet. Does that mean you've found a possible fix for it?

I need to see the codec dump first before I can say I can make it to works. If it is possible to make it to work, I will patch the AppleHDA.kext or legacy kext. Also with HDEF injection in DSDT (so that we will not need HDAEnabler.kext). If you can give me ALC275 codec dump, I will examine it to know for certain either I can make it to work or not. Other solution is using VoodooHDA.kext but I don't know if it support ALC275 or not.

Hi kizwan, are there any new dsdt that need to be tested?

Hi kizwan, are there any new dsdt that need to be tested?

I'm currently "exploring" the VAIO dsdt to understand why the internal LCD is not working properly. I will post the modified dsdt to be tested when it ready.

I need to see the codec dump first before I can say I can make it to works. If it is possible to make it to work, I will patch the AppleHDA.kext or legacy kext. Also with HDEF injection in DSDT (so that we will not need HDAEnabler.kext). If you can give me ALC275 codec dump, I will examine it to know for certain either I can make it to work or not. Other solution is using VoodooHDA.kext but I don't know if it support ALC275 or not.

kizwwan,

I have a codec dump from ubuntu for both the ALC275 and HDMI audio, would you like to look at it and see if enabling audio via DSDT is possible, just holler if you want them (for VPCF115FM)

Hey everyone,

The EvO team over at osX86.es has created something they call EvOBootboX for Sony VAIO laptops. It's for different models than we are working on (CR11z, CR21z, & CR31z) with an ATI X2300 video card. Here is what they say about this software:

(Translated from Spanish)

Here you have an application addressed to the owners of Sony Vaio computers CR11z, CR31z CR21Z and ATI X2300 graphics card using Snow Leopard. Using this application you will have:

Sound, OpenGL accelerated graphics and resolution 1280 × 800,

DSDT corrected for Snow, Speedstep, battery management, trackpad and keyboard.

The application contains context-sensitive help on each button and Help menu.

It also comes with "Read me first." In comments for this story I leave the "Read me first."

Download link following the link to the forum.

My hope is that Kizwan may be able to get something out of this software to help us. They are saying they can get full video, so how are they doing it?

The site is very difficult to navigate, partly because it's in Spanish (but there are translations buttons). In order to be able to download, you need to be registered, and THAT'S not easy on the site either. :P I have included a link to the download below, and the form. It may not let you download, but it's worth a try.

http://www.osx86.es/Archivos/EvOVaioBootboX.zip

The EvOBootboX form

http://www.osx86.es/?page_id=638/snow-leop...x-vaio-edition/

Thanks all,

Mammoth

@cloud03, I made a couple of adjustment in the dsdt for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. Please test & post here the results. Thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rcdzvdcmmmn

Hi kizwan thanks for the update!

well the R5 DSDT with GraphicsEnabler Yes and No only display on external LCD with QE/CI on, and it shows the vga information on system profiler, but with option No it doesn't shows rom revision entry..

here is the ioreg dump:

ioreg_from_R5.zip

I don't know what I did, but now for all DSDT, with graphicsEnabler=yes it'll only display blue screen on external LCD, anyone know how to fix this?

Hopefully just a loose cable or might you have changed the Source setting. I know, stupid things, but...

Mammoth

Hi everyone.

I'm very interested in getting the video working.

I have a Vaio F1190x I think is very similar to yours,

6GB RAM

i7 720

500GB HD 7.2k

Nvidia gt330m

BD Drive

I'm starting in this topic, but If i can Help testing something I'll be happy.

Im Using a SL Retail 10.6.2 disk installation + Combo update to 10.6.3 and Empire Efi for i5/i7 As loader. Also as everyone I'm getting full res only with HDNI and external display

Good luck guys!!

dear friends

recently i have post all the documentation about why internal screen don't work don't know why the post was deleted and i think no one of you have read the links i give

i say that because i have read your posts and you are wrong and waste time:

i know the problem since 3 years i would fix it but i can't because i don't code or programming but i know how to search ...

and in searching i have found /

the vaio problem on osx is apple had rosetta vaio had SNY50001 et SNY60001 this component control internal screen.

he had other name : snc, for sony notebook control or sony firmware extension parser it appears in dsdt has sfep

i have the information from linux because there was the same problem with internal screen but they have fix because sony forum are open to linux users and so they gave sources of the drivers for linux develloping

on the deleted links i 've posted there was one i wrote source code and under this line i have put the link from linux to edit dsdt to add sfep that fix the issue iof internal screen

i think we win time if someone try this

so what we need to solve:

someone who know how to code try to make a driver for sfep

because osx don't see it

here is a link to my spec:

http://tuxmobil.de/sony_vgn_ar61zu_debian_...stallation.html

here is a link about acpi and snc on vaio

http://tjworld.net/snc/

here information about eeprom on vaio

http://khali.linux-fr.org/vaio/eeprom.html

explication about the problem

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/18922...aio-laptop.html

this one ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/

it give the xp drivers for snc i have open this files on vista with blocnote and find some lines related to display:

CODE

[sNC_AddService]

DisplayName = %SvcDesc%

scrip for brightness

http://sony-tools.homeunix.net/sony.html#sonyscreen

http://programhook.xorg.pl/acpi-sny6001-driver

the user called mammoth

had save the links they were deleted so it can be nice to repost them

thats all

please read i will try to refind the link for dsdt fix from linux

please read

Hi kizwan thanks for the update!

well the R5 DSDT with GraphicsEnabler Yes and No only display on external LCD with QE/CI on, and it shows the vga information on system profiler, but with option No it doesn't shows rom revision entry..

here is the ioreg dump:

ioreg_from_R5.zip

Hi cloud03, thanks for the results. This is new modified DSDT (R6) for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. This time I added two methods in DSDT which are "_DOS" (enable/disable output switching) & "_DOD" (enumerate all devices attached to the display adapter). Normally this two methods exist in DSDT. I'm also add some code in the "Device (LCD)" which are:-

_DDC (Return the EDID for this Device)
_DCS (Return the Status of Output Device)
_DGS (Query Graphics State)
_DSS (Device Set State)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zymmuw0iwgo

Please test & post here the results. Good luck.

dear friends

recently i have post all the documentation about why internal screen don't work don't know why the post was deleted and i think no one of you have read the links i give

i say that because i have read your posts and you are wrong and waste time:

i know the problem since 3 years i would fix it but i can't because i don't code or programming but i know how to search ...

and in searching i have found /

the vaio problem on osx is apple had rosetta vaio had SNY50001 et SNY60001 this component control internal screen.

he had other name : snc, for sony notebook control or sony firmware extension parser it appears in dsdt has sfep

i have the information from linux because there was the same problem with internal screen but they have fix because sony forum are open to linux users and so they gave sources of the drivers for linux develloping

on the deleted links i 've posted there was one i wrote source code and under this line i have put the link from linux to edit dsdt to add sfep that fix the issue iof internal screen

i think we win time if someone try this

so what we need to solve:

someone who know how to code try to make a driver for sfep

because osx don't see it

the user called mammoth

had save the links they were deleted so it can be nice to repost them

thats all

please read i will try to refind the link for dsdt fix from linux

please read

Like JLVaio said, for some reason his post was deleted, and not by him or I. There were many links in his post, so perhaps it was seen as "SPAM" (when it wasn't), and was deleted.

As he also stated, I felt there was valuable information in his links from his post, so I saved them locally to my computer. ;)

I will not "post" them again because as mentioned, someone, or some thing, on high deleted them for some reason, and I do NOT wish to cause any problems or break any InsanelyMac rules. :angel: Instead, I will provide them in an attached OS X TextEdit file.

Originally, JLVaio had posted this information on my thread at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=218716

But because he has now posted on this thread, I will provide the attachment here for anyone who may be interested in the information.

SONY_VAIO_INFO_JLVAIO.zip

Mammoth

Hi everyone !

I have sony VPCEB12FDT with core I3 330m cpu run SL 10.6.3 but no QE/Ci, no sound, no lan and wifi lan but the rest run easy.

i need help to patch DSDT i got 166 errors when i try with DSDT Patcher. I think caused by new cpu i3 with chipset HM55.

Legacy_Kernel Qoopz voodo kernel from tony macx86

no DSDT

chameleon bootloader need to write busratio=16 to start if not still reboot on loop

edited com.apple.boot.plist , add usbbusfix to have usb work and add kext for track pad

resolution 1330x768x32

bluetooht work

camera work with kext

for the DSDT i want to know who can help me ? ;)

Hi cloud03, thanks for the results. This is new modified DSDT (R6) for Sony VAIO AW190JAH. This time I added two methods in DSDT which are "_DOS" (enable/disable output switching) & "_DOD" (enumerate all devices attached to the display adapter). Normally this two methods exist in DSDT. I'm also add some code in the "Device (LCD)" which are:-

_DDC (Return the EDID for this Device)
 _DCS (Return the Status of Output Device)
 _DGS (Query Graphics State)
 _DSS (Device Set State)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zymmuw0iwgo

Please test & post here the results. Good luck.

Sorry for replying too late, I was a bit busy today.

I've tried R6 and with both option Yes and No, the display only shows on external LCD, internal LCD unfortunately still off, here is the ioreg dump:

ioreg_r6.zip

Thanks for the help :(

Hey everyone,

The EvO team over at osX86.es has created something they call EvOBootboX for Sony VAIO laptops. It's for different models than we are working on (CR11z, CR21z, & CR31z) with an ATI X2300 video card. Here is what they say about this software:

(Translated from Spanish)

Here you have an application addressed to the owners of Sony Vaio computers CR11z, CR31z CR21Z and ATI X2300 graphics card using Snow Leopard. Using this application you will have:

Sound, OpenGL accelerated graphics and resolution 1280 × 800,

DSDT corrected for Snow, Speedstep, battery management, trackpad and keyboard.

The application contains context-sensitive help on each button and Help menu.

It also comes with "Read me first." In comments for this story I leave the "Read me first."

Download link following the link to the forum.

My hope is that Kizwan may be able to get something out of this software to help us. They are saying they can get full video, so how are they doing it?

The site is very difficult to navigate, partly because it's in Spanish (but there are translations buttons). In order to be able to download, you need to be registered, and THAT'S not easy on the site either. ;) I have included a link to the download below, and the form. It may not let you download, but it's worth a try.

http://www.osx86.es/Archivos/EvOVaioBootboX.zip

The EvOBootboX form

http://www.osx86.es/?page_id=638/snow-leop...x-vaio-edition/

Thanks all,

Mammoth

Mammoth, is there a way we can get a vanilla dsdt that hasn't been modified? I'd like to see the differences (Ie the changes they made) I think what we need to look at is the SNC device in the DSDT to get things working.