• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

yes - brightness with hotkeys works - Fn+ the butttons on the lower right (next to volume)

chameleon - no - is that important? first time I hear someone worrying about that :)

Thank you, Fn + right/left works ;) strange that it doesn't with Fn + F12 / Pause

I am not "worried", it's just an esthetic thing :D themes look very ugly with this resolution ;)

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Ehy peach, when i close the laptop it goes to sleep mode but when i open it the monitor still turned off and i can't do anything to turn it on again... have you the same problem?

I tried to install the SleepEnabler.kext but it didn't work

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
no - i don´t have this problem

if you did a vanilla install and you are using my dsdt sleep is working - without sleepenabler
sleepenabler even could cause some problems

but there is an issue with sleep since 10.6.4 : the screen needs long to wake up and it seems to make a difference if you use the keyboard or the power button - power button seems to be faster

I will work on that next week

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Longhorn, OSX, Women and computers

if you did a vanilla install and you are using my dsdt sleep is working - without sleepenabler

but there is an issue with sleep since 10.6.4 : the screen needs long to wake up and it seems to make a difference if you use the keyboard or the power button - power button seems to be faster

Hi,

I'm from the D4x0 group, we are a group of people who is working on making the D420/D430 more compat. with OSX.

I'm interested in hearing more about how you patched dsdt to support sleep.. would you care to elaborate and maybe share you work ?

//Leon

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I just followed your guide (method 2), using all your files, starting from 10.6.0 and upgrading to 10.6.4.
The screen doesn't turn on even if i wait some minutes after i open the laptop

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
Oneiros - this is still not a MacBook - it´s a hackintosh, hence you can´t expect that it will wake up by opening the lid.
it´s already a success that it sleeps when closing the lid man :wacko:

i did some experiments with dsdt on it - funny thing was that I succeeded in putting it back to sleep when opening - that was funny as hell :huh:

I decided not to waste my time on it, because I don´t mind pressing one extra button to wake it.

@ leon

reading the specs of the d420 I can´t imagine that it should be such a big deal to bring it very close to a mac having a gma950, except the sigmatel audio (what is a mess).

what help could you expect? I could send you the dsdt of the acer and a dsdt of a dell inspiron 1525, that I installed last week. handsome machine - almost everything was working ootb. the only issues was the core solo cpu, which needed a patched kernel, and the sigmatel that worked with only one version of voodoohda - but still without mic.
the thing that you might be intersted in: it sleeps after adding the patches for lpc,smbus and ehci without sleepenabler

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Longhorn, OSX, Women and computers
Hey,

I'm interested in learning how you patch dsdt.aml... what you look for, how you find the correct hardware ID's to use etc.. would you happend to have URL's that is a good starting point ?

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
there are many guides and informations available on insanely - this is a good one to start

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=211705

this is a nice tool to compile / decompile and patch manually http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

to check device-id´s http://www.osx86.es/?p=755

Merdon

Merdon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Oneiros - this is still not a MacBook - it´s a hackintosh, hence you can´t expect that it will wake up by opening the lid.
it´s already a success that it sleeps when closing the lid man :unsure:

i did some experiments with dsdt on it - funny thing was that I succeeded in putting it back to sleep when opening - that was funny as hell :D

I decided not to waste my time on it, because I don´t mind pressing one extra button to wake it.

What's the button to wake the laptop after closing it?

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts

What's the button to wake the laptop after closing it?

hmmm........no buttons after closing......if you mean after opening the lid:
try "return" :)

Merdon

Merdon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

hmmm........no buttons after closing......if you mean after opening the lid:
try "return" :rolleyes:

It doesn't work for me... it stays turned off

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
I´m travelling right now - I could send you my actual dsdt file when I´m back on monday

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
that´s the latest dsdt

Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   13.69KB   29 downloads

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
like many I´ve been waiting for mercurysquads development for the 4965AGN wireless.

BIG MISTAKE !

I finally bought a mini pci express wireless card to replace it - an Atheros AR5BXB61 for 10 euros on ebay.
It was immediately recognized as Airport Extreme - all I had to do is to trash NetworkInterfaces.plist in Library/Preferences/systemconfiguration to get it workin 100%

sideffect is that the Broadcom Ethernet 5787 changes it´s id to 1404e:1693 instead of the exotic before - the reason I had to hexedit the AppleBCM5701.kext which you might be using now.

now I can just use the fully functional kext from here http://www.insanelym...p...&hl=hexedit !!!!

so if you are going to install on this notebook, replace the wireless first to get an easy going,fully working machine!

Attached File  Airport.png   34.69KB   35 downloads

in menu you can see the airport and the speedstepping - small guide for speedstep is following

Attached File  menu.png   14KB   26 downloads

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
with the new HW Sensors from here http://www.projectos...p?showforum=165

a comfortable measuring is available to control temps for cpu, graphics,cpu voltage and other sensors. great work!

Attached File  menu_speedstep.png   52.1KB   23 downloads

install the HW Sensors to S/L/E IntelCpuMonitor doesn´t work from Extra. I deleted in SuperIOFamily already all plugins that aren´t needed to make boot time shorter

to get proper speedstepping you have to check first Generate P-States, Generate C-States and Drop SSDT in Chameleon preferences.

but it won´t start throttling before setting the needed model id in smbios.plist

according to the hardware specs of the Acer6292 it should be MacBook3,1 , because the closest match is the MacBook late 2007 - but this won´t work!
MacPro3,1 would give you speedstepping, but avoid some functions. to keep everything working (i.e. coolbook if needed)
I decided to follow silencers guide here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=211705
and to create a legacy.kext for the acer6292. all credits to him !

put the attached legacyAcer6292.kext in Extra and set the model to MacBook3,2 in SMBios.plist, reboot -
et voilá! speedstep is working! you can proof it with voodoomonitor

Attached File  vodoomonitor.png   30.36KB   24 downloadsAttached File  voodoo_state1.png   23KB   15 downloads Attached File  voodoostate_2.png   22.36KB   12 downloads

p-states in vodoomonitor - throttling at lowest p-state - highest p-state

you can see the throttling also in the free version of coolbook and use it to raise the cpu load for testing

Attached File  coolbook.png   40.08KB   16 downloads

all needed files are in the attached package, except iStat for measuring - look for last free version 2.0 or you have to buy it for 16 bucks !

EDIT: if you experience kernel panics, get rid of iStat or other hardware sensors !

Attached File  acer6292_speedstep.zip   501.62KB   22 downloads

marcussebe

marcussebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi peach-os,
I use your guide to install SL on my Acer 6292, but when I reboot the system I don't have the chameleon menù :dance_24: (Look the image, alphanumeric characters meaningless)

Can you help me?
My HD partition is MBR:

Partition 1: Win XP
Partition 2: Win 7
Partition 3: Snow Leopard Boot flag

fingerprint is enable

Thanks
by Marcuss

Attached Files

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
sorry I can´t analyze what is wrong, but I can tell you how it works.

is there a specific reason you are using MBR partition? because Win XP ? (who needs that ?)

this way it works:

partitition your HD with GUID in two partititions. format first with HFS and the second with FAT.
now reboot and install WIN 7 on second partition ( with FAT it could be recognized and reformated with ntfs)
after this install Mac OS X on first partition and apply Chameleon.
If Win doesn´t boot afterwards, just use the repair function of the WIN 7 DVD and it will work.
as far as I remember you will always have problems booting chameleon from any other partition than the first.
please someone correct me if I´m wrong.

it might also work also with a third XP partition - but I never tried, because I´m really happy not to use ths f*****
OS any more :D

marcussebe

marcussebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

sorry I can´t analyze what is wrong, but I can tell you how it works.

is there a specific reason you are using MBR partition? because Win XP ? (who needs that ?)

this way it works:

partitition your HD with GUID in two partititions. format first with HFS and the second with FAT.
now reboot and install WIN 7 on second partition ( with FAT it could be recognized and reformated with ntfs)
after this install Mac OS X on first partition and apply Chameleon.
If Win doesn´t boot afterwards, just use the repair function of the WIN 7 DVD and it will work.
as far as I remember you will always have problems booting chameleon from any other partition than the first.
please someone correct me if I´m wrong.

it might also work also with a third XP partition - but I never tried, because I´m really happy not to use ths f*****
OS any more :)

Hi Peach-os GREAT GREAT GREAT, THANKS THANKS THANKS ;)

I partitition HD with GUID in two partititions. Format first with HFS+ and the second with FAT...and the system start!!!!
I use Win XP for a old application to flash my phone.

Well now the problems :|

I followed the 15 point of step B, but at first boot: mouse, keyboard, LAN don't work :unsure:
I install all file from directory Extra\Extensions, com.apple.Boot.plist, dsdt.aml
...the file voodoohdahelper, VoodooHDA.prefPane, Extensions.mkext, the directory Themes .... I have to install them??or not!!

Can I install all files S:L:E ? and "LAN fixed ! - workin with these extensions" before upgrade the Snow Leopard 10.6 ???

Thank for your disponibility
by Marcuss

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
connect an usb keyboard mouse. first try to repair permissions with disk utility. if not possible you have to reinstall the BSD package as described.

next step: copy the kexts to Extra and install to S/L/E with kext utility and repair permissions with disk utility

after reboot everything should work

marcussebe

marcussebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Thanks, I solved ;) now it's work, but the keyboard is non Italian layout :(
I select italia, but nothing!!

...because?!?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy