• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
acer crystal eye webcam fixed - workin with all apps :)

file attached in the first post

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
hmmm.......the new IOPCIFamily.kext gives a functional ethernet but avoids the correct function of my usb audiointerface :P I have to do some research

EDIT: the IOPCIFamily.kext works flawless - it´s the IOUSBFamily.kext which allows the camera to work but slows down to USB 1.0 with 12 Mb/s :D

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
the IOUSBFamily.kext which allows the camera to work slows down to USB 1.0 with 12 Mb/s - so this is not a real solution, but might help to get closer to solve the camera issue

after update to 10.6.4 you might have to replace again
AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext in IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Longhorn, OSX, Women and computers
Hey,

I have a Dell D430 that i'm using leppys package on, i tested it out on a acer like yours today, it worked prety well .. with dual core support.. i'm gonna play around with it durring the next couple of days and will post my findings.. maybe we can make a easier setup together.

Have you had any luck with the SD card reader and sleep ?

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
hahahaaa.......what is too difficult on this setup? :(

believe me this is the best way to install on different machines - and I installed many meanwhile with huge success.
If you want to make a special dvd or bootloader version for that acer - go ahead - but i don´t see the benefit of it.....

sleep is working perfect on my acer6292 except that restart is not working after wake up - but this is a common issue on hackintoshs. unfortunately I couldn´t test SD carts till now, because I don´t have any in use that fit into this slot.

btwy......with my kaly 10.5.2 usb stick (minimum install - no video extensions etc) I´m booting most of the notebooks without any problems ;)

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Just reporting back.. your guide dosent work for the TravelMate 6291, it results in kernel panic...

I'm gonna try some other options now...

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
more details please.....at what step do you have the kernel panic?

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

more details please.....at what step do you have the kernel panic?

After last reboot.. cpu specific.. tried booting with cpus=1 etc.. also tried both your method and some of my own tricks.. my guess is that your cpu is somewhat diffrent and i need to patch to dtst.aml to fix it.. even tho i have no idea of howto do that...

Also.. VoodooHDA is causing kernel panic...

I have to admit, its alot easier getting the dell's to run osx..

I used my image that i use for the dells, along with the kexts that i used there.. and allmost have it working (without dtst.. tho).. but after updating to 10.6.4 i just get a "white screen"

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
hahaaa......like chatting - boot into your usb and install disabler.kext (in chameleon package) to Extra and delete the dsdt.aml - and yes the 6291 has an other cpu, so it can´t work with this dsdt.

as soon you booted succesful, download dsdtse and extract the dsdt - send it to me I´ll patch it for you

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

hahaaa......like chatting - boot into your usb and install disabler.kext (in chameleon package) to Extra and delete the dsdt.aml - and yes the 6291 has an other cpu, so it can´t work with this dsdt.

as soon you booted succesful, download dsdtse and extract the dsdt - send it to me I´ll patch it for you

Gonna try that out.. what does disabler.kext do ? - also, do you have multi core support ? .. i have that in my "dell" version...

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts

Gonna try that out.. what does disabler.kext do ? - also, do you have multi core support ? .. i have that in my "dell" version...

it disables the appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext which will cause a panic if you don´t patch the dsdt to load hpet.

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

it disables the appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext which will cause a panic if you don´t patch the dsdt to load hpet.

Ok, but i guess without the dsdt the graphics will also be messed up and i will have todo some kext magic there instead.. is there anyway you could be a lifesafer and make a patched dsdt that would fit for my model please ?

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

it would be really good if you could make a dstd file for the 6231, since i now got it booting, but crashes along the line with a white/grey screen (even in verbose mode), i also tried to add some diffrent kexts for the graphics, but that dident help much...

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
I can´t patch your dsdt if you don´t extraxt one from a booted system. I could do it from the bios file, but this is anyway not the solution for your problems.

once more: more precision please!

if you mean it hangs at the grey screen - first boot after install? did you ever boot into snow leo.....or where are you?
I can´t help you with that kind of information. also you are suddenly talking about a 6231 - wasn´t it a 6291?

if it hangs the first boot at the grey screen, search for login window crash and you will find a solution

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
After a lot of testing, i've finally installed Snow Leopard successfully on my TM 6292 :) I'm upgrading to 10.6.4 right now

Thank you for this guide peach :D

Please specify in the A-4 step that EVERYTHING must be unchecked (no kernels, no chipset etc..) in the usb drive configuration. That was my error, after that kalyway 10.5.2 worked like a charm :)

Another thing: if you follow this guide you can install SL on MBR disks without problems (i've tested it: i have now SL and Windows 7 in Dual Boot)

Waiting for a WiFi fix and for a better webcam solution ;)

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
actually I didn´t say anything about check this or that except the x3100 - but I guess you´re right - some people need explicit rules.......hahahaaaaa :)

good that it´s working now - greets to italy

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
most of options in my configuration was checked by default :)

"shrink the installation down to a minimum to fit on the USB (no languages,no printers etc.)" is different to "uncheck EVERYTHING" :angel:

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Peach can you change the screen brightness?
If i do it (from System Preferences or pressing the hotkey) nothing changes

Oneiros90

Oneiros90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
and... do you see Chameleon in right resolution? :/

peach-os

peach-os

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
yes - brightness with hotkeys works - Fn+ the buttons on the lower right (next to volume)

chameleon - no - is that important? first time I hear someone worrying about that :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy