[How To] Install Snow Leo on Acer 6292

peach-os

114 posts in this topic

more details please.....at what step do you have the kernel panic?

After last reboot.. cpu specific.. tried booting with cpus=1 etc.. also tried both your method and some of my own tricks.. my guess is that your cpu is somewhat diffrent and i need to patch to dtst.aml to fix it.. even tho i have no idea of howto do that...

Also.. VoodooHDA is causing kernel panic...

I have to admit, its alot easier getting the dell's to run osx..

I used my image that i use for the dells, along with the kexts that i used there.. and allmost have it working (without dtst.. tho).. but after updating to 10.6.4 i just get a "white screen"

hahaaa......like chatting - boot into your usb and install disabler.kext (in chameleon package) to Extra and delete the dsdt.aml - and yes the 6291 has an other cpu, so it can´t work with this dsdt.

as soon you booted succesful, download dsdtse and extract the dsdt - send it to me I´ll patch it for you

hahaaa......like chatting - boot into your usb and install disabler.kext (in chameleon package) to Extra and delete the dsdt.aml - and yes the 6291 has an other cpu, so it can´t work with this dsdt.

as soon you booted succesful, download dsdtse and extract the dsdt - send it to me I´ll patch it for you

Gonna try that out.. what does disabler.kext do ? - also, do you have multi core support ? .. i have that in my "dell" version...

Gonna try that out.. what does disabler.kext do ? - also, do you have multi core support ? .. i have that in my "dell" version...

it disables the appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext which will cause a panic if you don´t patch the dsdt to load hpet.

it disables the appleintelcpupowermanagment.kext which will cause a panic if you don´t patch the dsdt to load hpet.

Ok, but i guess without the dsdt the graphics will also be messed up and i will have todo some kext magic there instead.. is there anyway you could be a lifesafer and make a patched dsdt that would fit for my model please ?

it would be really good if you could make a dstd file for the 6231, since i now got it booting, but crashes along the line with a white/grey screen (even in verbose mode), i also tried to add some diffrent kexts for the graphics, but that dident help much...

I can´t patch your dsdt if you don´t extraxt one from a booted system. I could do it from the bios file, but this is anyway not the solution for your problems.

once more: more precision please!

if you mean it hangs at the grey screen - first boot after install? did you ever boot into snow leo.....or where are you?

I can´t help you with that kind of information. also you are suddenly talking about a 6231 - wasn´t it a 6291?

if it hangs the first boot at the grey screen, search for login window crash and you will find a solution

After a lot of testing, i've finally installed Snow Leopard successfully on my TM 6292 :) I'm upgrading to 10.6.4 right now

Thank you for this guide peach :D

Please specify in the A-4 step that EVERYTHING must be unchecked (no kernels, no chipset etc..) in the usb drive configuration. That was my error, after that kalyway 10.5.2 worked like a charm :)

Another thing: if you follow this guide you can install SL on MBR disks without problems (i've tested it: i have now SL and Windows 7 in Dual Boot)

Waiting for a WiFi fix and for a better webcam solution ;)

yes - brightness with hotkeys works - Fn+ the butttons on the lower right (next to volume)

chameleon - no - is that important? first time I hear someone worrying about that :)

Thank you, Fn + right/left works ;) strange that it doesn't with Fn + F12 / Pause

I am not "worried", it's just an esthetic thing :D themes look very ugly with this resolution ;)

no - i don´t have this problem

if you did a vanilla install and you are using my dsdt sleep is working - without sleepenabler

sleepenabler even could cause some problems

but there is an issue with sleep since 10.6.4 : the screen needs long to wake up and it seems to make a difference if you use the keyboard or the power button - power button seems to be faster

I will work on that next week

if you did a vanilla install and you are using my dsdt sleep is working - without sleepenabler

but there is an issue with sleep since 10.6.4 : the screen needs long to wake up and it seems to make a difference if you use the keyboard or the power button - power button seems to be faster

Hi,

I'm from the D4x0 group, we are a group of people who is working on making the D420/D430 more compat. with OSX.

I'm interested in hearing more about how you patched dsdt to support sleep.. would you care to elaborate and maybe share you work ?

//Leon

I just followed your guide (method 2), using all your files, starting from 10.6.0 and upgrading to 10.6.4.

The screen doesn't turn on even if i wait some minutes after i open the laptop

Oneiros - this is still not a MacBook - it´s a hackintosh, hence you can´t expect that it will wake up by opening the lid.

it´s already a success that it sleeps when closing the lid man :wacko:

i did some experiments with dsdt on it - funny thing was that I succeeded in putting it back to sleep when opening - that was funny as hell :huh:

I decided not to waste my time on it, because I don´t mind pressing one extra button to wake it.

@ leon

reading the specs of the d420 I can´t imagine that it should be such a big deal to bring it very close to a mac having a gma950, except the sigmatel audio (what is a mess).

what help could you expect? I could send you the dsdt of the acer and a dsdt of a dell inspiron 1525, that I installed last week. handsome machine - almost everything was working ootb. the only issues was the core solo cpu, which needed a patched kernel, and the sigmatel that worked with only one version of voodoohda - but still without mic.

the thing that you might be intersted in: it sleeps after adding the patches for lpc,smbus and ehci without sleepenabler

Hey,

I'm interested in learning how you patch dsdt.aml... what you look for, how you find the correct hardware ID's to use etc.. would you happend to have URL's that is a good starting point ?

• 2 months later...
Oneiros - this is still not a MacBook - it´s a hackintosh, hence you can´t expect that it will wake up by opening the lid.

it´s already a success that it sleeps when closing the lid man :unsure:

i did some experiments with dsdt on it - funny thing was that I succeeded in putting it back to sleep when opening - that was funny as hell :D

I decided not to waste my time on it, because I don´t mind pressing one extra button to wake it.

What's the button to wake the laptop after closing it?