• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

florinmts

florinmts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I have a question!My lenovo g550 have wireless intel 5100 agn and lan broadcom.is there any option to run one of them?

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

I have a question!My lenovo g550 have wireless intel 5100 agn and lan broadcom.is there any option to run one of them?

Not one of them will work for Mac OSX. There is no driver for both of them. the easy fix is to flash the bios from the one i have supplied the link to make sure you use the right version and then buy of e-bay a Apple Broadcom Wifi card weather it be a G or N version and insert that to the laptop.

Any Broadcom 4311 Wifi card or above will work.

florinmts

florinmts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Not one of them will work for Mac OSX. There is no driver for both of them. the easy fix is to flash the bios from the one i have supplied the link to make sure you use the right version and then buy of e-bay a Apple Broadcom Wifi card weather it be a G or N version and insert that to the laptop.

Any Broadcom 4311 Wifi card or above will work.

I understand for wifi!I'm interested that I can do for lan.I updated my bios with version from this page (http://ilenovo-g550....ostinguk.co.uk/)...I hope that we speak about same think.For the moment i use an adapter lan-usb but is very unaesthetic.would be great that I can use my network card.I mention that my model is lenovo g550 type 20023.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
For now only Wifi after a Wifi Card Change will work, i have tried to get the Lan working, it will show but not ping thats the current issue. But so far no luck, I also use a usb to ethernet adapter i know its not perfect but that is all we can do for now!

puspem

puspem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hi nomaj,
can you make dsdt from hacktrick 105M dsdt(i was used it) to make the T6500 run native speed step? i think it was necessary for the next release of bootCD please..

regards

no prob...

i also notice that kext in extra for camera is not needed on 210 model...
also function key and cursors up and down dont work for brightnes...

Somebody is asking for native speed step... i have it on my lenovo... working just fine...

i will test your DSDT for a while ... i have one my own - and compare it for eventual differences...

no prob...

i also notice that kext in extra for camera is not needed on 210 model...
also function key and cursors up and down dont work for brightnes...

Somebody is asking for native speed step... i have it on my lenovo... working just fine...

i will test your DSDT for a while ... i have one my own - and compare it for eventual differences...

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

hi nomaj,
can you make dsdt from hacktrick 105M dsdt(i was used it) to make the T6500 run native speed step? i think it was necessary for the next release of bootCD please..

regards

@puspem

Dude no need for a special DSDT for the 105M for native speed step of your CPU.

I had the T6600 which was working on native speedstep without the DSDT Tweaks i used Charm's bootloader with P and C states generated by that.
I am working with another Member of Insanely Mac to sort out the all in one installer for Mac 10.6.3 and above so please bare with me.

Then it will just be one file for the whole Lenovo G550 series in just one boot CD with everything that is needed done for you!

vibes71

vibes71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Works great, not perfect but great ! Thanx alot !
Trackpadkext (voodooPS2controller) wasn't working for me, used different one from this forum.

Just updated to 10.6.6
Had to rerun the script for the broadcom wifi to work.

The only 'problems' I still have are :
1. boot with -f kernel flag, if I don't, I get kernel panic after whole list of NVEnabler messages
2. can't reboot (shutdown is working though)

I use the DSDT.aml from your website.

All by all a big respect for your efforts :P

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

@puspem

Dude no need for a special DSDT for the 105M for native speed step of your CPU.

I had the T6600 which was working on native speedstep without the DSDT Tweaks i used Charm's bootloader with P and C states generated by that.
I am working with another Member of Insanely Mac to sort out the all in one installer for Mac 10.6.3 and above so please bare with me.

Then it will just be one file for the whole Lenovo G550 series in just one boot CD with everything that is needed done for you!

Can you please measure your CPU temperatures after 10-15 min.... you can do that with MSR tools....
I was wondering what is better method i have p-states and c-states in my DSDT...

tnx!

puspem

puspem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
umm, latest read was in range of 60 to 80(heavy use) degress :unsure: also the cpu fan never stop working.... i've been use the RC5 with C&P generator, still there is no difference... my touchpad feels hot(when dvd inserted will doubles the HOT! :( )
it is needed do something for cpu clock in smbios? i change the value based on my cpu speed?

Can you please measure your CPU temperatures after 10-15 min.... you can do that with MSR tools....
I was wondering what is better method i have p-states and c-states in my DSDT...

tnx!

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

umm, latest read was in range of 60 to 80(heavy use) degress :unsure: also the cpu fan never stop working.... i've been use the RC5 with C&P generator, still there is no difference... my touchpad feels hot(when dvd inserted will doubles the HOT! :( )
it is needed do something for cpu clock in smbios? i change the value based on my cpu speed?

I didn't have that issue when i had the T6600 but now i have a P8600 and i get 30 <- on idle 40 -> 50 Max on full load and that CPU is much faster speed wise. My fan only comes on when it needs too and thats using CH 5 bootloader and nothing else.

Jaykob

Jaykob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Strange, I also get around 60° when idling and my fan is always running. But that's also the case when using Windows 7. But I measure with iStat Menu, maybe that makes a difference? Have to try it with the other tool when I have time. I'm also not 100% sure if I have the RC5. The reboot fixed boot file is maybe older?

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Redo the thermal paste then buddy on CPU and GFX!!!!! that will help it sounds like yours is cooked!

vibes71

vibes71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
After removing old EXTRA folder from root and old voodooPS2, voodooHDA and voodooBattery from S/L/E,
downloaded and installed Chameleon Bootloader and Extra Folder from http://ilenovo-g550....ostinguk.co.uk/
my iLenovo OSX 10.6.6 @64bit works like a charm .
Thanks again for your efforts Hacktrix2006 and the rest of the community !

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

umm, latest read was in range of 60 to 80(heavy use) degress :wacko: also the cpu fan never stop working.... i've been use the RC5 with C&P generator, still there is no difference... my touchpad feels hot(when dvd inserted will doubles the HOT! ;) )

hmmm... i have under windows 45'C but under osx 60'... Thats not right... it seams that c-states,p-states are not right..or maybe LPCB device not loaded correctly...
need to inspect that...

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

hmmm... i have under windows 45'C but under osx 60'... Thats not right... it seams that c-states,p-states are not right..or maybe LPCB device not loaded correctly...
need to inspect that...

Vibes glad to help out,

nomaj it all seems ok to me did you update to R700 as thats the version i am using now and that one ties into the same as windows temps.

Look on the DSDT Autopatcher topic for link for R700

puspem

puspem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hi hatrick, , this morning i bought the p8600, after the cpu installation the screen just blank when i tried to turn it on. what i need to do? do i need to do something with the bios? or my motherboard natively unsuported?i've trying using p8400, p7350, t7500.... still the no result, even if i tried to enter bios recovery mode :(

regards

*please answer me :( this is urgent

vibes71

vibes71

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
just in case

Adjustment of illumination of the screen (Fn + up or down) works :
after Fn+F1 and awake via powerbutton
after lid close and open when using battery power

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Yes i have noticed this bug but the latest version of the DSDT seems to work with brightness before sleep now so you will see soon when disc is fully made after tests have been done. It will be a 2 installer system one for bootloader and the other for the drivers.

termitn

termitn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
hi guys,

first of all i want to thank you for your work.
i got a almost perfect hackintosh running with my G550.

But there is one issue whats driving me nuts.

i cant get the hackintosh to show a correct status of the battery.
I tried different versions of voodoobatteery.kext but without succeed.
With the latest version of the kext the status of my battery is always
showed as "100% charged".

hope there will be a detailed guide soon , or the new boot cd^^.
I dont know that to do?
thx

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

hi guys,

first of all i want to thank you for your work.
i got a almost perfect hackintosh running with my G550.

But there is one issue whats driving me nuts.

i cant get the hackintosh to show a correct status of the battery.
I tried different versions of voodoobatteery.kext but without succeed.
With the latest version of the kext the status of my battery is always
showed as "100% charged".

hope there will be a detailed guide soon , or the new boot cd^^.
I dont know that to do?
thx

Boot Rev CD will have a patched ACPIPlatform.kext install from bin9 which works wonders my battery meter is now more reliable so get ready to download the beta from the site tonight after i have uploaded it from finishing testing.

It will take a while to upload it to the site after all its 200MB+ in size but has everything you need to install Mac OSX 10.6.3 update and boot from hard disc!

Glad you liked the files but i just put them together credit goes to them whom made the files and the OSX86 scene!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy