iLenovo G550

178 posts in this topic

Ok which partition is active? is the Windows Partition active if so get hold of a Windows 7 Disc and Repair the Windows 7 Install this will refresh the GUID boot sector then try again with Charmeleon RC4. I had this problem once before on a ASUS laptop and this helped. Try that if not try and get back into windows and recover the important files and start again from scratch.

What every you do, do not use gparted to change the activate partition use the Boot cd and boot with -s then just use the following commands

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

f x (where X is windows partition)

U then W reboot and repair windows install.

Sorry i'm arrived too late, I'm trying to install again W7 in order to have a new "clean" mbr.

After i'll boot with ilenovo Cd, starts snow (-f -v) e launch only the install of Chameleon RC4.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support!

Sorry i'm arrived too late, I'm trying to install again W7 in order to have a new "clean" mbr.

After i'll boot with ilenovo Cd, starts snow (-f -v) e launch only the install of Chameleon RC4.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support!

Don't works... after W7 (mbr is ok, windows starts at the boot first time) i've tried to install RC4... i've only blinking "_" on black screen.

After the RC4 installation & reboot, i've started Snow with iLenovo CD, went to terminal and checked disk table by "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0" and command "print".

System tell me "incorrect table, do you want to initialize?"

Now, i think thant in my system the various Chamaleon installer package are not allowed to write correctly into MBR partition.

I'm loosing the hope... if is not complicate i can put your iLenovo CD into a USB key and keep the boot from the key, it is possible?

Seems to be the only way at the moment.

Right start from scratch thats mac and windows install. I think trying to repair the MBR to make work broke it.

Make sure you use GUID when you repartition the drive, its easier to recover. Good Luck!

Report about last night:

Hd initializated by Snow, guid table, two partitions, installed first W7 64bit Ultimate and after Snow plus chamaleon RC4 at the end of snow installation. Boot don't works

Hd initializated by Snow, guid table, two partitions, installed first W7 32bit Home Premium and after Snow plus chamaleon RC4 at the end of snow installation. Boot don't works

Hd initializated by Snow, guid table, two partitions, installed first W-XP+SP3 and after Snow plus chamaleon RC4 at the end of snow installation. Chameleon Boot WORKSSSSS!!!

Now, or the devil is inside my pc or MBR written by Seven is not compatible with Chameleon.

Ps.

Between W7 and Xp installation just one difference, to install XP i've changed in IDE the bios setting.

Right i know what has caused the Windows 7 issue. Its the 200MB partition windows 7 makes. You need to find a patch to remove that. Did you make the partitions inside Mac OSX's Disk Utility software. As i make the Partitions in Max OSX INstall dvd via the Disk Utills and then format the Windows partition and install Windows 7. Give that a try.

Right i know what has caused the Windows 7 issue. Its the 200MB partition windows 7 makes. You need to find a patch to remove that. Did you make the partitions inside Mac OSX's Disk Utility software. As i make the Partitions in Max OSX INstall dvd via the Disk Utills and then format the Windows partition and install Windows 7. Give that a try.

Hi,

Two partition was created by disk utility from Snow dvd install.

Is possible to remove the 200mb partition with gparted ?

I installed Mac OS 10.6.3 retail dvd on Lenovo G550-4A-3 (T4400, 210M, 2Gb, 250Gb) but have following issues:

1. Battery indicator displays incorrect percents (always 100%)

2. Restart doesn't work.

3. After shooting down Mac OS CMOS time will reset

4. Audio (Conexant...) doesn't work

5. Work only mac booting from Chamelion. If I will repair by Windows 7 - works only windows and no Chamelion

Can you please help me to try to resolve that issues?

I installed Mac OS 10.6.3 retail dvd on Lenovo G550-4A-3 (T4400, 210M, 2Gb, 250Gb) but have following issues:

1. Battery indicator displays incorrect percents (always 100%)

2. Restart doesn't work.

3. After shooting down Mac OS CMOS time will reset

4. Audio (Conexant...) doesn't work

5. Work only mac booting from Chamelion. If I will repair by Windows 7 - works only windows and no Chamelion

Right Number one i dont have issues with but have you tried installing it to S/L/E. Restart does work without issues for me look for Open Restart or use AvL's bootloader and a Atom Kernel might help. Cmos Reset i do have still no solution just yet but it only happens to me if i bomb the syste,

Audio make sure you remove applehda.kext from S/L/E.

Five one did you set Windows 7 Partition as active and installed that first before mac if not then you didn't follow tut correctly i have now done a clean install and do no have this issue.

Hope this helps!

Right Number one i dont have issues with but have you tried installing it to S/L/E. Restart does work without issues for me look for Open Restart or use AvL's bootloader and a Atom Kernel might help. Cmos Reset i do have still no solution just yet but it only happens to me if i bomb the syste,

Five one did you set Windows 7 Partition as active and installed that first before mac if not then you didn't follow tut correctly i have now done a clean install and do no have this issue.

Hope this helps!

Cmos Reset is fixed thru DSDT that i send to you...

There is problem with Windows time on dual boot - but that is easy fix - google it...

Thanks

I will try to install battery kext in S/L/E.

I removed applehda.kext already during step by step tutorial ;)

I tried to install dual boot several times, but only can boot MAC from chameleon, when select windows partition 0xc000000e error.

Cmos Reset is fixed thru DSDT that i send to you...

There is problem with Windows time on dual boot - but that is easy fix - google it...

Can you please send CMOS reset DSDT me to?

I really google it but anywhere same steps - run repair utility and some command lines after which windows boots fine, but mac - only with Boot132 ;)

Hi i checked the DSDT files all of them have the CMOS reset fix in it so whats causing the Bios CMOS reset i don't know as now i am getting it.

As for the battery i don't have that issue.

Will be making a new Boot CD pretty soon to make it more easier for people.

After over two weeks i have a dual boot SL retail 10.6.3 and W7 Ultimate on Lenovo G550.

Thanks Hacktrix2006 for the support and for the tools!!

I have open just one this: wifi.

I've installed the patch by sh script, but with airport i can not see anything.

Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...