Intel HD Graphics (10.6.3 kexts) report back

targeter15

91 posts in this topic

Read a lot on this forum and learned a lot.

So first post:

I would love to see the 4500 problem solved. Its not much but I will gladly donate 50$ for this.

You are not the only one who wants to donate for working driver for GMA4500. The problem is that there is NOT a qualified/or not/ developer who wants to help us :(

i have a laptop with Intel GMA HD and i would like to ask whether someone have the kext loaded? i saw on #2 the guy seems to have kext loaded and have a slightly transparent menu bar.. so anyone else get the kext loaded with desktop shown with Intel GMA HD? just Intel GMA HD( exclude x4500 and x4500mhd )..

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I have installed the Hazard distro after various attempts, but I can´t change the screen resollution, I only can use 1024*768. My graphic card is an Intel HD Graphics, here is a pic of the properties in windows7, ¿What kext I should use to have the full resollution? I have tried some but the doesn´t work. Thanks for your help

post-634282-1289893239_thumb.jpg

Hello.

I have installed the Hazard distro after various attempts, but I can´t change the screen resollution, I only can use 1024*768. My graphic card is an Intel HD Graphics, here is a pic of the properties in windows7, ¿What kext I should use to have the full resollution? I have tried some but the doesn´t work. Thanks for your help

I have the same problem with my Intel GMA HD graphic card.

How can i get a 1280 resolution?

Processor: intel Core I5-430M 2.26 GHz

Chip-set: Intel HM55

Graphics: Intel GMA HD

Graphics System info:

Type: GPU

BUS: Built-in

VRAM: 64 Mb of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0012

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded.

what is if we rename the intel driver to the nvidia driver? the switching kexts is trying to activate the nvidia kexts, cause normally when u have an smbios of 6,1 or 6,2 it tells the switching kexts. that there has to be an nvidia device. This will be started by defult.

That the switchin kexts. gets started is dependet on the smbios. u can have installed inteldh.kext and fb but with smbios of f.e. imac it will not crash. it only crashes when u have 6.1 smbios. so let the switching kexts activate the nvkext. but before we rename it. ...

can somebody have a try? now in university later i ll try it by my own...

I have followed this thread since quite a wile now.. I also made some savings and 1 month ago I have purchased a brand new iMac.. I will never regret that I have made this choice even if it was very hard to not touch the savings almost 6 months.. I thought that I will not feel any difference between a hackintosh and a real mac.. but now I can only regret why I have not buy it earlier.. Maybe if you buy some very very close specs and build a hackintosh from the most compatible pieces, it might come close to the real thing.. but staying on forums and just wait for some ...guru to come and give you the "so wanted" kext.. is INSANE.. If you are in music like me and you love logic or other apple tools.. follow my example. Make some savings and buy the real mac. 100% you will never regret that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I have an Intel HD Graphics 0x0046 in my HP DV7.

I know that the:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

From the MBP 1.3 Update are for the Display Port version and do not work correctly for us PC users.

I currently have my native 1600x900 Res using the "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" kernel flag. But I have no QE/CI and cannot run Aperture 3 (Says, Graphics Card Not supported)

-

I guess my questions is;

1) Is there any way to get QE/CI working on this card?

2) Is there a display port emulator?

3) Can I use a older Intel display driver to get QE/CI on this card?

(BTW This is not my main Graphics Card, it is running along side an ATI 5470m, also not supported under OS X)

post-538112-1292973058_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Bump....

No one??? Please Help!

i think there is a new problem.

i have read this topic and the older posts have a good result with the HD graphics showing up a GMA 4500.

I've checked in windows with SpeedFan and mines a 3400 family so i think Intel has changed the graphics chipset of the i5 processors. I have a i5 540M.

se3tdu.jpg

I've looked for 3400 kexts but i did not find them. I did found a 3500 kext (http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=135) so i will try that one later.

If it won't work i will try to ad my device-id to the kext and hope for it to work.

I've looked for 3400 kexts but i did not find them. I did found a 3500 kext (http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=135) so i will try that one later.

If it won't work i will try to ad my device-id to the kext and hope for it to work.

Cool, I will try the same after the new year. Also, if i install the AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts, all of them, I they load but I have screwed up graphics, I believe this is caused because it is designed for Display Port Laptops (IE: Macbooks).

But I will try and get it working none the less.

• 4 months later...

post-613357-1305844777_thumb.jpg I have Gateway ID5822U with 0x2a428086 Graphics card GMA4500. I got it to work with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 to have 1366x768x32 resolution, NO QE/CI/CL.

I have Gateway NV55C26U with 0x468086 Graphics HD 5700. QE/CI but stuck at 1024x768x32. Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

post-613357-1305844658_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...