Intel HD Graphics (10.6.3 kexts) report back

targeter15

91 posts in this topic

thats what i'm screaming!!! i have the dell i1764-6075OBK because i really thought it would be easy now that the new mbp is out. its the hm55 chipset as well. please if anyone figures out how to do it please post it up in here because i totally will too. i did get 10.6.3 on it with everything working but the gfx and the touchpad (no touch click) even with prefpanes. i had to install osx with another pc already running it then just used generic kexts like voodoo track and sound. after that i did replace the wifi card with a compatable one but im more than sure the included one will work fine. i just was interested in getting the gfx working more. oh.. i ran the updates with pacifist before anything and also used the new kernel from the mbp update to get it to boot with chameleon. it didnt like the other kernels because of the new cpu.

Is there any possibility to get a notebook with Intel GMA HD work just like a real MBP at the moment?

I'm currently using a Lenovo netbook (S10e), with Snow Leopard installed with a software called S10 Snow Leopard Enabler. Everything is working great.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Lenovo ThinkPad X201 now, because a netbook can be used as main computer, but it isn't that fast :D

The X201 features a Intel Core i5-540M and Intel GMA HD graphics. It would be great to have this notebook running on Snow Leopard with QE/CI and all other features supported, as this is just the computer I need :)

Is this possible yet? And if yes, is it possible with a vanilla kernel? And how? ;)

As my hackintosh knowledge currently is limited to installing OS X on GMA950-based netbooks, and on the ThinkPad X60 with GMA950 (with the netbook OS X install tools) - and I would like to extend it - can you maybe give me a link to a beginner tutorial which is not referring to a special mainboard? In this thread, the thread starter posted a link to this beginner tutorial, but it isn't working...

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I have Thinkpad X201 and I try to install Snow leopard.

I can install normal SL and update 10.6.2.

This is an evidence photograph.

http://twitpic.com/1joc0f

Next I try to install the Software Update 1.3 w/ the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext installed.

Judging from a conclusion, it did not move well.

After installed , the screen of login at SL is very broken.

I can not try to login.

So I remove AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

And boot X201.

I can get right screen of login.

But I can not login with UserID and true password.

I try to login with true ID and Password but I am returned to the login screen.

This is my result.

Sorry I can not speak English well. :wacko:

Thanks.

Hi,

Great news. ;)

How did you install it? Did you use a hacked USB stick with one of the netbook hackintoshing tools?

If not, how did you modify the DVD?

Before upgrading to 10.6.3 - did Quartz Extreme work?

guys have a look on the changelog of gfxcardstatus.

* Added untested support for 9400M/9600M status detection...icons are still "i" and "n," but they will be "i" for integrated and "d" for discrete in the near future

* Added support for locking the system on a particular GPU

* General performance enhancements

* Eliminated much of the delay involved in listing dependent processes

source : http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus/changelog

if we are able to lock the Intel GMA HD kext so maybe we will be able to boot in MacOSX without any problem. Anyone tried on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I know it get repeated over and over again but can someone seriously tell us (the GMA 4500 HD community) if a kext is being worked on,

I am willing to do any testing on my GMA 4500 HD based system.

Kind Regards to All

My System:

Studio 1737

Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz

4GB Mem

320GB Hdd

GMA 4500HD

We don`t know is the kext working because the system is trying to load nVidia kext by default. We need a GFX card switcher ti run the Intel card by default.

I think you are making quite an assumption and stating it as fact.

What we do know is that the drivers and dsdt reference the graphics muxer device (gmux). This may or may not be related to our issue.

Could also just need injection and/or an efi string.

Again until some experts show up we are just guessing.

Looks like the driver IntelHD... kexts are for graphics card in new Core i3 i5... NOT for 4500HD/MHD

Still not yet see anyone success with it, I am not sure, correct me if I were wrong

There is not a genuine kext for GMA4500 from Apple and there never will be. So the idea here is to edit/mod/patch some of the others Intel Graphics kexts to work on GMA4500. X3100 is closer to 4500 with the PCI architecture, but it is older model. The IntelHD is less different because it is newer model, but it`s not PCI. So we stuck here. With the X3100 patched kexts the greatest success was having native resolution, but that was all :P

What issue are you trying to resolve now? I was thinking to try to inject the device ids in the kexts, BUT the strange thing about the FrameBuffer kext is that in the Info.plist file the device ids are only with 2 symbols not with 4 like all other device ids, so I stuck :(

What issue are you trying to resolve now? I was thinking to try to inject the device ids in the kexts, BUT the strange thing about the FrameBuffer kext is that in the Info.plist file the device ids are only with 2 symbols not with 4 like all other device ids, so I stuck :(

if u try to manually add it in will it work?

What do you mean manually? I`m using HEX Editor to replace the device ids in the all files in the kext packs, not only in the Info.plist.

you edit them into x4500 one or intelHD one?

do you found any Nvidia 220m device id inside the frame buffer? i now currently at school so i will try to do tonite..=)

GMA4500. I`m trying to make a lot of people happy, but for now I`m the only one who is trying to do something, but I don`t know nothing about coding and development and I`m learning the things at the same time I`m make my edits. :)

P.S. Give me the device-ids from the nVidia cards to try find them in the IntelHD kexts.