• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Aspire5920G

Aspire5920G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, this is a guide on installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard on an Acer Aspire 5920G with the following or similar specs:

Acer Aspire 5920G Specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
Chipset: Intel PM965
Platform: Intel Centrino Duo (Santa Rosa)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 667 High Performance Low Latency
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA 7200RPM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB (1024MB TurboCache)
Sound: Realtek High Definition ALC888
Screen: 15.4" Acer CrystalBrite LCD (aka. makeup mirror, waay too freaking reflective)
Optical: HD DVD
Network: Intel 3945ABG Wireless, Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet
USB: 4 Ports (MacBook Pro has only 2)
Firewire: 1 Port
Other Features: Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, HDMI, S-Video, Ricoh SD Card Reader, Lights, ExpressCard Slot, Dolby Virtual Surround with Subwoofer, Empowering Technology Framework, Some others that I have not discovered yet

Remember to update the BIOS to the latest version before doing this

GUIDE:
All the files I used can be found here:
http://rapidshare.co...e5920G.zip.html
I will attach them here just in case this link breaks down.
1. Delete all partitions on the hard drive.
2. Partition half the drive and install Windows 7. Leave the other half unpartitioned for now.
3. http://www.insanelym...showtopic=39253
Follow this guide to create two additional Mac OS X Journaled partitions after installing Windows 7, one 8GB and the other with the rest of the hard drive's free space.
4. Install Leopard on the larger Mac OS X partition. Before installing, use Disk Utility erase the 8GB partition and name it "Snow" and erase the other partition and name it "Macintosh HD" and install Leopard to "Macintosh HD."
5. From Leopard, restore the Snow Leopard install DVD dmg image to the 8GB partition and replace files according to this guide:
http://prasys.co.cc/...pard-for-osx86/
6. Install Chameleon 2 RC4 bootloader onto the 8GB partition.
7. Download all the kexts and files from the link above. Rename NVEnabler 64.kext to NVEnabler64.kext (without space).
8. Place all kexts (except NVEnabler, IOUSBFamily, and the audio kexts) from the download file in the /Extra/Extensions folder. Place DSDT.aml and com.apple.boot.plist in the root directory and in /Extra.
7. Restart the computer and boot from the "Snow" partition. This will boot into the installer. For this phase, you may need to attach a USB mouse and keyboard.
8. Open Disk Utility and erase "Macintosh HD." Follow the rest of the installer to install Snow Leopard on "Macintosh HD."
9. When computer restarts, boot from "Macintosh HD." Follow the post-install wizard and remember to create a password. Then install the latest Snow Leopard update. Restart computer.
10. Use Kexthelper to install ALL the kexts provided in my download link.
11. Restart computer and see if everything is working. If not, reinstall the required kexts and restart.
12. Use this guide for ethernet: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=127903
13. Once everything is working, you can remove the USB mouse and keyboard.
14. Enjoy your AcerBook Pro! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

What Works:
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Both Cores)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (Quartz Extreme/Core Image Enabled, Native Resolution)
Realtek High Definition Audio (with Dolby)
Volume Control Knob
Ricoh SD Card Reader
ExpressCard
USB
FireWire
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet
Acer Crystal Eye WebCam

What Doesn't Work:
Media Buttons (Lights)
Intel 3945AGB Wireless
Sleep
If anyone knows how to get these to work, please let me know.

I would like to thank and give credit to all the people whose work I have cited in this guide. Also, I do apologize if I have violated any forum rules or regulations. This is my first post, so I am still very inexperienced at this.

onkyo

onkyo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
;) Great guide. Will try it as soon as I get hold of an empty disk. Thanks.

The file link does not work. Any chance of getting it up again. Thanks.

dturner

dturner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Link still not working, good guide, would appreciate working link for the extra kexts. Thanks.

miomika

miomika

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
whole specification you can find here:

but, I dont know how you manage to get webcam work?

Is it work out of the box or you tweak some kexts?

Aspire5920G

Aspire5920G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zqgt1zzjnm
Here is an updated link to the files.

HA! I was the one who posted that video on Youtube! Anyway, the webcam works if you use the modified IOUSBFamily.kext in my files.

gingol

gingol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
thanks apire5920g your video on you tube,i istalled osx on my 5920g,but when i install iousbfamily kext,usb2 does nt work to rate high speed and all usb works mode usb1.there is a way with which camera and usb2 works as the same time???

Aspire5920G

Aspire5920G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

thanks apire5920g your video on you tube,i istalled osx on my 5920g,but when i install iousbfamily kext,usb2 does nt work to rate high speed and all usb works mode usb1.there is a way with which camera and usb2 works as the same time???

Sorry, I have that problem too. I haven't managed to fix it yet.

gingol

gingol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
aspire again thannxks a lot.your video on you tube for me has been a miracle.however in your pakage updated here i just added other kext,for exaple nullcpupowermanagment with 10.6.4.another change has benn fakesmc for gpu temp.sleep doesnt work with your tutorial with 10.6.4.for you?in my opinion the problem of web cam and usb2 is a little problem,but for now is great problem.i nstalled cam twist 1.7 and work in usb2 ,but when i open photoboot ,skype and etcc,with cam twist 1.7 open photoboot andskype doesnt work.

gingol

gingol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hi all,using this guide,for my acer 5920g ,but kernel dont boot in 64bit mode.I tryed to edit apple.com.boot.plist adding flags x86_64 and in other way without result.IN systemprofiler /software /exstensions ,some extensions doesnt work in 64 bit like these plugins:BSDKernel6.0.kext,InternalModemSupport.kext,IOKit6.0.kext,IOPCIFamily.kext,Libkern6.0.kext,Mach6.0.kext,System6.0.kext.All other kext are compatible with 64bit mode.In which way can i boot kernel in 64 bit mode???please help me

Stevie McFly

Stevie McFly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How did you get the webcam working? I've been looking for a fix for almost twenty-four hours.

gingol

gingol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hi steve for web cam dont istall iousbfamily kext of this guide,keep the original kext,then istall camtwist 2.1 and then it work perfect.in this way usb2 work correctly.

Aspire5920G

Aspire5920G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Attention everyone: The reason I use a modded IOUSBFamily.kext is because it is the only way to get both sleep mode and the webcam working. CamTwist doesn't work for me, and sleep mode will not work without the modded file.

Also, booting in 64-bit mode is not yet possible because the PCI bus doesn't work (so the network cards are not detected).

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,836 posts
Hi Aspire5920G,

have you tried removing _PRW from devices HDEF and EHC1 to fix sleep?

It works in 5920 (not G)
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=208055

There's a 32/64 bit version of the patched IOPCIFamily
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1460172

The link to Prasys site is broken, the new URL is
http://prasys.info/2...pard-for-osx86/

Regards.

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi i need some help,
this link
http://prasys.info/2...pard-for-osx86/

is broken too

have someone this guide and can send me this?

thx

gingol

gingol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
face time can t log me in.how can resolve this problem?

Gürkan Lokman

Gürkan Lokman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
can you upload your disk partion image to rapid or somewhere ? we can download and use it it is very easy not understand pc good. thx very much

Raidmax

Raidmax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Please update links!!!!

anarchy99

anarchy99

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
anyone got the files to make this work the links are dead

Mattl-x

Mattl-x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
please update files... down

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Hi, this is a guide on installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard on an Acer Aspire 5920G with the following or similar specs:

Acer Aspire 5920G Specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
Chipset: Intel PM965
Platform: Intel Centrino Duo (Santa Rosa)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 667 High Performance Low Latency
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA 7200RPM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB (1024MB TurboCache)
Sound: Realtek High Definition ALC888
Screen: 15.4" Acer CrystalBrite LCD (aka. makeup mirror, waay too freaking reflective)
Optical: HD DVD
Network: Intel 3945ABG Wireless, Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet
USB: 4 Ports (MacBook Pro has only 2)
Firewire: 1 Port
Other Features: Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, HDMI, S-Video, Ricoh SD Card Reader, Lights, ExpressCard Slot, Dolby Virtual Surround with Subwoofer, Empowering Technology Framework, Some others that I have not discovered yet

Remember to update the BIOS to the latest version before doing this

GUIDE:
All the files I used can be found here:
http://rapidshare.co...e5920G.zip.html
I will attach them here just in case this link breaks down.
1. Delete all partitions on the hard drive.
2. Partition half the drive and install Windows 7. Leave the other half unpartitioned for now.
3. http://www.insanelym...showtopic=39253
Follow this guide to create two additional Mac OS X Journaled partitions after installing Windows 7, one 8GB and the other with the rest of the hard drive's free space.
4. Install Leopard on the larger Mac OS X partition. Before installing, use Disk Utility erase the 8GB partition and name it "Snow" and erase the other partition and name it "Macintosh HD" and install Leopard to "Macintosh HD."
5. From Leopard, restore the Snow Leopard install DVD dmg image to the 8GB partition and replace files according to this guide:
http://prasys.co.cc/...pard-for-osx86/
6. Install Chameleon 2 RC4 bootloader onto the 8GB partition.
7. Download all the kexts and files from the link above. Rename NVEnabler 64.kext to NVEnabler64.kext (without space).
8. Place all kexts (except NVEnabler, IOUSBFamily, and the audio kexts) from the download file in the /Extra/Extensions folder. Place DSDT.aml and com.apple.boot.plist in the root directory and in /Extra.
7. Restart the computer and boot from the "Snow" partition. This will boot into the installer. For this phase, you may need to attach a USB mouse and keyboard.
8. Open Disk Utility and erase "Macintosh HD." Follow the rest of the installer to install Snow Leopard on "Macintosh HD."
9. When computer restarts, boot from "Macintosh HD." Follow the post-install wizard and remember to create a password. Then install the latest Snow Leopard update. Restart computer.
10. Use Kexthelper to install ALL the kexts provided in my download link.
11. Restart computer and see if everything is working. If not, reinstall the required kexts and restart.
12. Use this guide for ethernet: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=127903
13. Once everything is working, you can remove the USB mouse and keyboard.
14. Enjoy your AcerBook Pro! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

What Works:
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (Both Cores)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (Quartz Extreme/Core Image Enabled, Native Resolution)
Realtek High Definition Audio (with Dolby)
Volume Control Knob
Ricoh SD Card Reader
ExpressCard
USB
FireWire
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet
Acer Crystal Eye WebCam

What Doesn't Work:
Media Buttons (Lights)
Intel 3945AGB Wireless
Sleep
If anyone knows how to get these to work, please let me know.

I would like to thank and give credit to all the people whose work I have cited in this guide. Also, I do apologize if I have violated any forum rules or regulations. This is my first post, so I am still very inexperienced at this.

Intel 3945AGB now works with SL using a custom kext, Search around, i'm sure the media buttons could be linked with the USB side of things so maybe get yourself AppleUSBNub kexts. that get the keypad on the lappy working and the trackpad kext.

Sleep, use the latest SleepEnabler kext.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy