• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

want to buy a mac

want to buy a mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm considering buying a slightly used macbook. How difficult is it to transfer ownership and wannanty info? What would you consider a good deal price wise?

Thanks in advance.

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,900 posts
in the uk, i'd buy a used base white macbook for.... 650-700 i'd guess, depending on condition. if it had damage, i'd want it for even less.

John the Geek

John the Geek

When the going gets geeky...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Interests:Painting, animation, photography, Macs.

I'm considering buying a slightly used macbook. How difficult is it to transfer ownership and wannanty info? What would you consider a good deal price wise?

Thanks in advance.

The AppleCare warranty transfers relatively easily...

8 Transfer of Plan
You may transfer this Plan to a new owner of the Covered Equipment. If you purchased the
Plan in the U.S. or Canada, transfer by sending written notice to AppleCare Administration,
P.O. Box 149125, Austin, TX 78714-9125, U.S. You must provide the Plans enrollment or
agreement number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred, proof of
purchase of the Plan, and the name and address of the new owner. For Plans purchased and
enrolled/activated outside the U.S. or Canada, please contact the regional Apple subsidiary for
the country of purchase.

http://www.apple.com...sConditions.pdf

The standard one year may be a similar situation, although Apple keeps good records and can tell if it's still under warranty, regardless of who has it. I've never had a problem.

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
I'll move this thread to our new Buying Guide forum... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy