Sound with Intel/ Conexant High Definition Audio?

BuXb

139 posts in this topic

Hi mentorek, thanks for your efforts & your report. Nice you got it working under Linux. I never heard of DSDT. My naive idea would be to edit DSDT within Mac OS x86. But probably you have thought about that already, but DSDT cannot be edited here as easy as with Linux I guess ..

Hey BugsBunny,

I didn't really search for DSDT loading in OSX yet, but I think it will need some coding - for example new kext or piece of code with this routine adapted. Maybe it's possible without any coding, I don't know. Will try to investigate it during next days and will inform you about the progress.

Cheers,

Mik

P.S.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

WOW i cant believe it, I ran the pkg and i get perfect sound out of my speakers and headphone jack! THanks soooooo much for this package great! job! now all i need is to found out wich is the cheapest compitble USB wireless and im alllll set!

hp dv5226ca is the laptop i running.

nice creative installer :( - but the Azalia approach does not currently work for Toshiba Laptops :(

here the installer for Conexant HD Audio 945x chiped,

the installer wil backup your old kext to /backups in ur root

it has been tested and worked and sory still output only

Hi,

This one doesn't work for me... :( Still very very very silent output via headphone jack only.

Cheers,

Mik

perhaps you need applehda solution rather than azalia

skippy still working hard for it :)

WOW i cant believe it, I ran the pkg and i get perfect sound out of my speakers and headphone jack! THanks soooooo much for this package great! job! now all i need is to found out wich is the cheapest compitble USB wireless and im alllll set!

hp dv5226ca is the laptop i running.

glad to hear it works for you

nice creative installer :huh: - but the Azalia approach does not currently work for Toshiba Laptops :(

thanks,

maybe you're right its alter IO and/or memory ranges in its Laptops' chipsets

or just need a correct AppleHDA Conexant HDA Layout-ID property and inject it

or just need a correct AppleHDA Conexant HDA Layout-ID property and inject it
hm yeah I have this huge horse syringe here filled with all sorts of Layout-ID properties - how do I need to inject it now (sub binarane, intra plistular .. :huh: )

hm yeah I have this huge horse syringe here filled with all sorts of Layout-ID properties - how do I need to inject it now (sub binarane, intra plistular .. :tomato: )

i believe if there's applehda solution for connexant, it will use same method with realtek,

i dont think without injection into kernel, efi will tell kernel to load it natively, :)

unfortunatelly alcinject only work with 8.8.1, :(

Hi,

it works for me too, the laptop is HP Pavillion dv6111ea using conexant hda (under windows device manager: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5045&SUBSYS_103C30BB). Still only output (speakers) and no mic or spdif. Any chances for input at least? Thanks and congatulations on your good work guys :)

SLml2 Hi!! what do this? Write in detail, please! I need it. I have Conexant High Definition Audio. Help !!! Please !!

RoyIdeas hi,

just download the conexant Audio.pkg.zip that eGwan posted in this thread a while ago. Install and reboot. If all is well you should have 2ch output. Good luck!

Hello,

I have the same Device and Vendor ID as BugsBunny

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31&REV_1000

Vendor: 14F1 - Device: 5047

The package from eGwan has the IOHDAudioCodecVendorID as 0x504714f1

and the kext from the skippyretard has the IOHDAudioCodecVendorID as 0x14f15047.

I noticed that they are switched.

According to this page you are supposed to have 0x + (device id) + (vendor id).

No matter how you get this long string you will find a pattern like VEN_ABCD&DEV_DEF0 - though not necessarily in that order, and definitely not exactly matching this example. The 4 characters that follow "VEN_" are the Vendor ID (telling us whether this comes from Intel, nVidia, Rockwell, whomever) and the 4 characters that follow "DEV_" are the Device ID. The two together form a PNP ID that for this example would be expressed as 0xDEF0ABCD. First you put a 0x (indicating the code is a hexadecimal, or binary-representative code), then the 4 characters (0-9, A-F) for the Device first, then the 4 characters for the vendor second.

But according to Rammjet

Instead of the string "0x10ec0882", use a new string constructed from the vendor id and device id from Step A. above.

It should be of the form 0x + (vendor id) + (device id). Like: 0x + 10ec + 0882 = 0x10ec0882

Which one is right?

Which one am I supposed to use?

I have an hp dv2040ca with Conexant HD Audio.

Edited by jacksont123

First I like to thank EGwan for the installer and all you other guys for your efforts. :)

My laptop a HP dv2000 is fully functional now, except that i only have audio on the headphone connection and not

on the internal speakers of the laptop. Is there a solution for this? Have i overlooked something?

Has anyone else got the same problem with the HDA Conexant and a laptop?

My laptop a HP dv2000 is fully functional now, except that i only have audio on the headphone connection and not

on the internal speakers of the laptop.

I have the opposite problem.... work the speaker but no the headphone... bah.... :(