[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Asus P6T Deluxe V1 & V2 boot-132 Install Method

No Mac Required!

ATTENTION! 10.6.3 and higher will break sound. There is a patcher on the latest install ISO and also in the downloads section below.

ATTENTION! 10.6.8 requires a new method to fix audio for AD2000b chips. There is a patcher linked below.

The same method works for Lion too.

Credits

We'll start off with a few credits...
  • This post is the evolution of the original thread by wziard(which is now obsolete). Thanks to him for starting that thread and getting many people up and running.
    http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1243439
  • The attached ISO was created using the methods documented here by IanT. I used his "Mars" method to develop a boot-132 disk for this motherboard.
    http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1283668
  • ErmaC for his work in modifying the DSDT and his installation thread in the Italian language section. You can translate it with Google
    http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1194918
  • All those who helped test the installation package...thank you!
  • And of course the Chameleon team, netkas, AsereBLN, David Elliot and all the people involved with the EFI boot loader. Their great work benefits us all.

Requirements

• An Asus P6T Deluxe V1 or V2 motherboard based computer.
  • Asus P6TD reported to work by qbe.
  • Asus P6T SE reported to work by dirtycofe. Post with Audio kext link
  • Please PM me with other supported boards and I'll put them here
  • The ISO attached to the bottom of this post.
  • The Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD.
  • A supported graphics card
  • Nice utility for those that have to add additional kexts for their board -- Kext Utility

Basic Installation Instructions

This assumes the system has a single SATA hard drive and a SATA DVD drive attached. Alternate partition and multi-boot setups may be covered in another post below. Download and extract the attached ISO and burn it to a CD or DVD.

BIOS Settings

Main->Storage Configuration

post-242023-1264296674_thumb.jpg

AiTweaker, all Auto or enabled

post-242023-1264296682_thumb.jpg

Advanced->CPU Configuration, all Auto or Enabled (except A20M disabled)

post-242023-1264296690_thumb.jpg

Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration (Marvell Storage optional)

post-242023-1264296701_thumb.jpg

Advanced->Chipset->Intel VT-d Configuration (optional)

post-242023-1264296714_thumb.jpg

Advanced->PCIPnP

post-242023-1264296722_thumb.jpg

Power, Some people set Repost to Yes -- helps with wake.

post-242023-1264296730_thumb.jpg

Operating System Install
  1. Boot off the boot-132 CD you created, you can hit F8 when the system is POSTing and use the Asus BIOS Boot Selector to choose your DVD drive as the boot drive . You'll end up at a Chameleon boot screen.

2. At this point remove the boot-132 disk and insert the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD. Press F5 and after the screen refreshes you'll see the Mac OS X Install DVD as a boot option. Select it using the arrow keys and hit Enter to boot. This starts the retail Snow Leopard installation process. If you boot to a black screen, Start from Step 1 again and after hitting F5, hit Tab. You can try typing in the following kernel flags to get your video working. Try each combination. A visit to netkas.org might help you find information to get your card fully working after installation.
    • -x

• GraphicsEnabler=n

• GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386

• Choose your language and proceed to the next screen.
  • From the menu at the top of the screen select Utilities->Disk Utility. Select your hard drive and partition it as a GUID(GPT) disk and leave it at the default file system type. Apply the changes so the partition is laid out and the file systems are formatted. Exit Disk Utility.
  • You can now continue through the retail install process, selecting the Volume you just created as the installation target. When everything is done installing your computer will restart.
  • Hit F8 during the POST so you get the Asus BIOS Boot Selector screen. Remove the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD and put the boot-132 disk back in the drive. Select the DVD drive from the boot selector and press Enter. You will arrive at the Chameleon boot screen again, but this time you will have the hard drive volume you just installed to as a boot option. Use the arrow keys to select it and press Enter.
  • Enjoy the video and then continue through the Apple setup process. When you get to the Registration screen you should hit Command-Q or Windows Key-Q(the windows key is between the left Ctrl and Alt keys) and skip the registration. Finish up the rest of the installation screens and you'll be left at the OS X Desktop.
  • In the upper right corner of the screen you will see an icon for the DVD drive. Double-click it and there will be an installer package named P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg. Double-click that and go through the installation screens. If you have multiple Volumes select the correct one as the installation target.
  • Click the Applications folder in the Dock on the lower-right, it will pop open and then you will click the Utilities folder, then click Terminal. At the Terminal screen type in:
    sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Hit Enter and put in your password when prompted.
    This will rebuild your extensions cache so the network adapters will be recognized.
    You may also have to go to System Preferences in the Dock and then go to the Network icon
    for the adapters to be recognized.

• Click the Apple in the upper left part of the screen and select Restart...
    Remove all disks from the DVD drive and see if you can boot. If you can then you are done! If not, I've encountered some boot problems in testing and the following solution helped.
    Solutions to boot problems
    This solution requires you to boot off the boot-132 CD/DVD disk and select your hard drive. This will get you to the Desktop so you can try each fix.

• Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal and try these commands at the prompt.
    mount <Enter>
    You should see output similar to this:

/dev/disk3s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
    devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)
    map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)
    map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)

The first line shows your root volume
    Yours may be mounted on a different device e.g. /dev/disk2s2
    Type in:
    sudo fdisk -e /dev/diskX <Enter> replace X with your drive number

You are now at an fdisk prompt. Type:
    p <Enter> to print the partition table, you will see output like this:

Disk: /dev/disk3 geometry: 60801/255/63 [976773168 sectors]
    Offset: 0 Signature: 0xAA55
    Starting Ending
    #: id cyl hd sec - cyl hd sec [ start - size]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1: EE 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 1 - 976773167] GPT
    2: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused
    3: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused
    4: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused

Type:
    flag 1 <Enter> To flag your partition as active, it will be the one with id EE.

Type:
    w <Enter> To write the changes, hit y at the reboot warning if present.

Type q <Enter> to quit.  Reboot and remove all disks again to see if it works.

If not, boot one more time from the boot-132 disk and select the hard drive.
    Once at the Desktop, double-click the CD/DVD icon and run the
    P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg installation package again.

Downloads

7-zip software for Mac:

http://leifertin.inf...s/mac_apps.html

7-zip software for Windows:

http://www.7-zip.org/

7-zip software for *nix:

http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/

• Updated 5/14/2010 v1.15 Release notes: http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1468624
  • Updated 4/3/2010 v1.14 Release notes: http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1441394
  • Updated 2/3/2010 v1.13 If you select the Processor Independent DSDT it will install Fabio's v3.00 DSDT
    Use v1.12 package to revert if there are problems.
    You can select just the DSDT in the installer, no need to copy main installation files again.
  • Updated 1/26/2010 v1.12 Updated initrd.img to use the latest boot file and added AppleVIAATA.kext for PATA and eSATA support.
    Use 'arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n' if you have problems booting
  • Updated 1/23/2010 v1.10 Added Processor Independent DSDT(provided by iFabio) to the installer package for those that have a CPU other than the 920 or 940

This attachment is actually an archive created with 7-zip. I had to name it with a .zip extension so it would upload. Please remove the .zip from the end of the filename and use 7-zip to extract the ISO.

If using Safari to download go to Safari->Preferences and uncheck 'Open "safe" files after downloading' in the General section. You can change it back after download

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot-132.zip

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15.7z.zip

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132_v1.14.7z.zip

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.13.7z.zip

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.12.7z.zip

Audio patcher for 10.6.0-10.6.7

Updated, uses perl script to patch file instead of a binary diff, works with any version of Snow Leopard. Thanks

to Fabio and aschar. Drag and drop audiopatcher.sh onto a Terminal window, hit Enter and provide your admin password.

audiopatcher.sh.zip

Audio patcher for SL 10.6.8 & Lion GM

Backup your existing AppleHDA.kext first if you want

sudo cp -Rp /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext.10.6.8

You need to rename any AD2000b.kext in /Extra/Extensions. If you are using VoodooHDA.kext, it needs to be renamed too. You can do this like so:

cd /Extra/Extensions
sudo mv AD2000b.kext AD2000b.kext.disabled

Then rebuild your Extensions cache in /Extra/Extensions

sudo /usr/sbin/kextcache -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions	 (make adjustments if using EFI partition)
sudo chown root:wheel /Extra/Extensions.mkext
sudo chmod 0644 /Extra/Extensions.mkext

Next, extract AD2000b.zip to a folder and double-click AD2000b script. It will ask for your sudo password before patching up AppleHDA.kext for you. Reboot and you should have sound. Fabio, provided the modified files and script...all thanks go to him.

AD2000b.zip

• Like 1

Excellent work dgobe & iFabio!

Please, before requesting assistance:

Create a signature which includes at least your Motherboard, CPU, Video Card and RAM information.

Like This --> P6T Deluxe v2 / i7 920 / GTX 260 / Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3-12800

Search the forum for a solution.

kdawg created a Firefox/IE7 Search plugin, super useful!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207570

Or use the search box at the top of the page ---> post-511719-1264534003_thumb.png

------------------------------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V1 & V2 Flash Drive Installation

These steps will guide you through the creation of a USB Flash Drive Installer. A great tool for those doing multiple installations or if you need an alternate method to access your hard drive.

Requirements

• A working Mac to build the flash drive installer.

• 8GB or larger USB Flash Drive.

• The ISO attached to the bottom of post #1.

• The Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD.

Extract dgobe's Installer

1. Download and extract the ISO from post #1.

2. Open AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot-132.iso and copy P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg to your desktop.

Format and partition your flash drive

Open Disk Utility

1. Choose your flash drive.

2. Click Partition.

3. Choose 1 Partition.

4. Input a Name and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) .

5. Click the Options button and select GUID Partition Table.

6. Click the Apply button to partition the drive.

post-511719-1264710968_thumb.pngpost-511719-1264706830_thumb.png

Create a Snow Leopard DVD image

1. Insert your Snow Leopard DVD then choose it in the sidebar.

2. Click New Image and save the image.

post-511719-1264706842_thumb.png

Restore the Snow Leopard DVD image to your flash drive

1. Select your Snow Leopard DVD image .

2. Select Scan Image for Restore under Images in the menu bar.

3. Select then drag your flash drive partition to the Destination input.

4. Select then drag your DVD image to the Source input.

5. Click Restore.

6. Run P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg choosing your DSDT and change the install location to your flash drive.

7. Copy P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg to your flash drive.

post-511719-1264706854_thumb.pngpost-511719-1264706861_thumb.pngpost-511719-1264706870_thumb.png

Install Snow Leopard

• Set your BIOS as described in post #1.
  • Format your destination drive as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with a GUID Partition Table.
  • Restart/Start with your installer flash drive connected.
  • Just after your RAM information is displayed on the POST screen, press F8 to enter the boot drive selector.
  • Choose your flash drive.
  • Choose your flash drive in Chameleon to install Snow Leopard.
  • When the Snow Leopard installation restarts use F8 again at POST to boot from your flash drive.
  • Select your Snow Leopard drive in Chameleon.
  • First time boot stuff...
  • Open your flash drive and run P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg choosing your DSDT and change the install location to your Snow Leopard drive.
  • Open Terminal and enter the the following, hit Enter then supply your password when prompted.
    sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

• Eject your installer flash drive and restart the computer.
  • Open Network in System Preferences to detect your Ethernet. Close Network once your Ethernet is detected.
  • Enjoy

How to dump your ACPI tables

If you have a processor other than a Core i7 920 or 940 it would be useful for you to post your ACPI tables. This will give us the information we need to create a custom DSDT for your processor with the proper SpeedStep information.

You will need a USB flash drive or other R/W storage media plugged into your computer. Copy the attached dump.zip file to the root of this drive and unzip it. It will created a "dump" folder with 2 files in it, dump.sh and dump.pl. If you already have a folder named dump on the drive, temporarily rename it.

dump.zip

Go here:

http://software.opensuse.org/112/en

and select the "Live GNOME" installation CD(32bit or 64bit is fine). After you download and burn the ISO to a disk, boot from it. Just hit Enter at the initial screen and it will boot into a "Live" openSUSE linux desktop -- no changes are made to your system.

You should see your flash drive icon on the desktop along with the volume name for the device. Double-click the drive icon to open a file browser. Right-click the dump folder and select "Open in Terminal", a terminal window will appear where you will type in the following commands:

su  <Enter>    // you'll see the prompt change to a red color to indicate root privileges.

bash dump.sh <Enter>   //  You're done.

Click the Computer button in the lower-left corner and select Shutdown and then Restart. You can remove the boot CD. Once you are booted back into your main OS you should rename the dump.zip file that is on your flash drive(in the dump folder).

Please rename it to:

<processor type>-<motherboard>-<BIOS ver>.zip

e.g.'s

960-P6TDeluxeV2-0804.zip

920-P6TDDeluxe-0303.zip

Post it! We only need dumps from people with processors other than the 920 or 940 unless specifically requested. Thanks!

If anyone has access to a new iMac with the Core i7 processor this procedure might also work....hold down 'c' on the keyboard when booting to get it to boot off the openSUSE disk. PM me if you have access to one, there are more instructions I can give to get additional information that would be nice to have.

------Update April 2011--------------------------------------------------------

ONLY FOR: P6T Deluxe v1, v2 & P6TD Deluxe, P6T & P6T SE

April, 12 2011:

----------
  • DSDT P6T Deluxe v1,v2 P6TD Deluxe (v3.5 need 10.6.4 or upper)
    /Extra/DSDT
    >> P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe DSDT  
    ----------
  • DSDT P6T & P6T SE (v3.4 need 10.6.4 or upper)
    /Extra/DSDT
    >> P6T SE & P6T DSDT  
    ----------
  • smbios.plist
    /Extra/smbios.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>SMserial</key>
    <string>[color="#FF0000"]***********[/color]</string> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Change "*" with 11 digit serial namber... COSMETICS[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    </dict>
    </plist>

• com.apple.Boot.plist
    /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1680x1050x32</string> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Change with your resolution[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseNvidiaROM</key> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Optional. I have my VBIOS rom also in /Extra/[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>VBIOS</key> [b][i]***[/i][/b] [color="#FF0000"]Optional too.[/color] [b][i]***[/i][/b]
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>Default</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

ALSO:

I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)

1. Yukon2 (needed for P6T Deluxe v1/v2 & P6TD Deluxe)
    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    >> Replace the plist with this  

2. AppleAHCIPort
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3. IOAHCIBlockStorage
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)
    /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

How binpatch AppleHDA from terminal:

- AD2000B (P6T Deluxe v1/v2 P6TD Deluxe) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> AD2000B

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

- ALC1200 (P6T & P6T SE) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> ALC1200

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSDT v3.3 (stripped optimized code with SpeedStep)

Reduced the SS code

Correct some minus error in previus version.

ONLY FOR: P6T Deluxe v1, P6T Deluxe Palm, P6T Deluxe v2 & P6TD Deluxe

May, 15 2010

(thx/credits for test and edit to: mauriziopasotti, kn6600, dgobe)

i7 920 --> HERE

i7 930 --> HERE

i7 940 --> HERE

i7 950 --> HERE

i7 965 --> HERE

i7 975 --> HERE

i7 980x--> HERE

------------------

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE

A legacy edited it contains AD2000B.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-Deluxe.kext --> HERE

-------------------

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-Deluxe.kext

- AppleVIAATA.kext (OPTIONAL)

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE

----------------

Exellent utility for all operation like rebuild caches and install new kext:

Kext Utility v2.3.2 (cVad) --> HERE

-------

ONLY for P6T SE

(thx/credits for test to: mauriziopasotti)

i7 920 --> HERE

i7 930 --> HERE

i7 940 --> HERE

i7 950 --> HERE

i7 965 --> HERE

i7 975 --> HERE

i7 980x--> HERE

A legacy only for P6T SE with ALC1200.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-SE.kext --> HERE

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

DSDT v3.2.1 (stripped optimized code with SpeedStep)

ONLY FOR: P6T Deluxe v1, P6T Deluxe Palm, P6T Deluxe v2 & P6TD Deluxe

April, 29 2010

Changes:

- P00x changes to CPUx

- Added SS code for specific i7 processors

- Added some minus stuff from iMac11,1 with i7 processor (Full ACPI dump..)

- Correct some little error

- id for internal SATA

- Completly changed the injector method like M2.x series (MasterChief injector)

- I recommend use a new FakeSMC2.5 modded by Andy Vandijck for gave a litte more spped in the boot

- This DSDT Tables don't have the code for Sudden Motion Sensor.. we don't need it ;)

- Enjoy! :(

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 920 --> HERE

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 930 --> HERE

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 940 --> HERE

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 950 --> HERE

DSDT v. 3.2.1 x i7 965 --> HERE

DSDT M2.6 (full optimized code)

May, 2 2010

ONLY FOR: P6T SE

i7 965 --> HERE

i7 950 --> HERE

i7 940 --> HERE

i7 930 --> HERE

i7 920 --> HERE

DSDT M2.5 (full optimized code)

Mar, 30 2010

i7 975

i7 965

i7 950 M2.5.950.zip (DSDT edit by kn6600 ACPI tables by stealth_d)

i7 940

i7 930 M2.5.930.zip (DSDT edit by kn6600 ACPI tables by RevNelson)

i7 920

i7 basic (version with no SS) M2.5.zip

DSDT update: DSDT v3.1 (stripped optimized code)

Mar, 6 2010

solved Firewire error log :) .

The firewire works after a sleep function ;)

GFX7 value correct (Set to 0x0000 / Zero)

DSDT v3.1.4 (Full) DSDTv3.1.4.zip

Same version with internal SATA id --> Here

For people using 2 GFX use this version --> Here

Credits to kn6600

Mar, 3 2010

solved compatibility with AppleVIAATA.kext

I found the problem that causes the non-functioning of Sleep with that kext is a injected (cosmetics) data inside the DSDT...

with this DSDT you can use this kext for the PATA support w/o corrupt the sleep :) .

DSDT v3.1.3 (Full)

Feb, 26 2010

solved SLEEP issue

I found the problem cause sleep issue... is the firewire pach and the AppleVIAATA.kext

So this DSDT fix the sleep but in boot-log you will see back:

Firewire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

This still a temporary solution for all people ask for get SLEEP function work back.

(If I have time I try to fix the firewire log error in other way)

DSDT v3.1.2 (Full) DSDTv3.1.2.zip

GFX injection (with this you can remove graphics enabler in com.apple.Boot.plist)

(before use make sure you have the same device id!!)

You need to know how add your new data:

PCIe 2.0 x16_3 slot (black, at max. x8 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)

- Device (PEG1) Name (_ADR, 0x00010000) --> Device (GFX1)

PCIe 2.0 x16_1 slot (blue, at x16 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)

- Device (PEG3) Name (_ADR, 0x00030000) --> Device (GFX3)

PCIe 2.0 x16_2 slot (white, at x16 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)

- Device (PEG7) Name (_ADR, 0x00070000) --> Device (GFX7)

pcie20.jpg

Note: Inside the Efi.plist

HDEF id - 2 Ethernet built in - IDE cosmethics name - LPCB id - SATA internal id & cosmetics name

GFX injection is GeForce GTX260 (you have change this one with your/s)

DSDT v3.1.2 (EFI Version)+(EFI.plist) DSDTv3.1.2_EFI.zip

Some ready to use com.apple.Boot.plist with:(just need the DSDT EFI Version)

GeForce 9800 GT 1Gb (0x10de 0x0614) >>9800_GT_c.a.B.p.zip

GeForce GTX 260 896Mb (0x10de 0x05e2) >>GTX_260_c.a.B.p.zip

2x GeForce GTX 260 896Mb (0x10de 0x05e2) >>2xGTX_260_c.a.B.p.zip

GeForce GTX 285 1Gb (0x10de 0x05e3) >>GTX_285_c.a.B.p.zip

Quadro Fx 5600 1,5Gb(0x10de 0x019d) >>Quadr_FX_5600_c.a.B.p.zip

GeForce 9400 GT (0x10de 0x065b) >>

DSDT update: DSDT v3.00

Feb, 3 2010

Please read before using:

- If you have a PS2 keyboard probably does not work (I removed this part)

- In this new version is missing the SpeedStep, but the system works well the temperatures are very good and overall system responsiveness is extraordinary.

- I have reduced the DSDT code to a minimum (or near) (maybe this will achieve a bootloader for our motherboard.)

- Still unresolved the problem of sleep :)

- Yet to be tested. .. if there are improvements to the FireWire or remains as in previous versions.

- So if you have problem with this new DSDT.... go back at previus version M2.4

DSDT v3.00: P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe >> P6T_Deluxe_P6TD_Deluxe_v3.00.zip

credits: smith@@ (thank's for all your advice)

have fun!

DSDT M2.4

Feb, 8 2010

i7 basic (version with no SS)

This DSDT is a combination coming from My M2.x series and Karineko's DSDT with working Sleep.

Include the last DSDT pach and fix present in DSDTv3.1.4

Confirmed compatibility with 2 and 3 GFX card

DSDT M2.3

i7 940

i7 920

i7 basic (version with no SS)

DSDT history

Last version M2.2.1

(Cosmetics changes)

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

Old version

DSDT M2.2

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

DSDT M2.1

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

DSDT M2.0

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independen

--------------------------------

Core i7 920(2.66G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W)

Core i7 920(2.66G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 930(2.8G,L2:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 940(2.93G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W)

Core i7 950(3.06G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 960(3.2G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

Core i7 980X(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:12M, rev.B1,130W)

Core i7 Extreme Edition 965(3.20G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.C0,130W)

Core i7 Extreme Edition 975(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W)

• Like 1

I`m here too!! The guide looks cool! I will try and also...finalizing the dam raid 0 guide. I told my friends and they are pulling me in 50 ways to explain them how to make it work...at least 10 of my friends have bought Highpoint raid recently, thinking of making a deal with them lol I can some extra money from them lol.....nevermin, Happy to be here!

please I need information on the snow leopard format.because I have the snow leo dmg version.MBR_INSTALL_SNOW_LEOPARS_DVD5.dmg.how should I write it on a dvd.I am using nero for writting.beause when I insert the dvd with sl after pressing f5 no boot selection menu that I can see.so there is something that I am doing wrong.please help.

christy

please I need information on the snow leopard format.because I have the snow leo dmg version.MBR_INSTALL_SNOW_LEOPARS_DVD5.dmg.how should I write it on a dvd.I am using nero for writting.beause when I insert the dvd with sl after pressing f5 no boot selection menu that I can see.so there is something that I am doing wrong.please help.

christy

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-version-10-6-Sno...3758&sr=8-1

Fabio just PM'd me about this. His upcoming DSDT will show the controller in System Profiler too. :P

He's on a tear with that thing.

I tried AppleVIAATA.kext as suggested here Marvell 88SE6102 (PATA/IDE) under SL 64 Bit Vanilla. Now the drive connected to my eSATA works.

AppleVIAATA.kext - http://www.kexts.com/view/87-appleviaata_f...ow_leopard.html

After I boot the mac os disc from chameleon I get a bunch on syntax scrolling down the screen followed by a light blue screen is my hardware incompatible

Asus p6t deluxe v1

i7 920

wd velociraptor

nvidia 7950gt 512mb

ahhh please help id really like to run logic in 64 bit mode on a hackintosh

After I boot the mac os disc from chameleon I get a bunch on syntax scrolling down the screen followed by a light blue screen is my hardware incompatible

Asus p6t deluxe v1

i7 920

wd velociraptor

nvidia 7950gt 512mb

ahhh please help id really like to run logic in 64 bit mode on a hackintosh

It's probably your video card. After you hit F5 to refresh in Step 2 make sure the install DVD is highlighted and hit Tab.

At the boot prompt try:

arch=i386 -x32 <Enter>

You may need a newer video card if that doesn't work. If it works, you would have to use those kernel flags everytime you boot....put them in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

DSDT v M2.3 coming

I reduce the code more than 50% :)

;)

Fabio

Fabio, can you please make the ethernet fix installation optional during the install of your package? It doesn't work for my Asus P6T Deluxe V2, and it seems to make the original "ethernet fix" on the original Asus P6T Deluxe V2 thread not work after the installation of your package.

To try and put it simply, the original ethernet fix from this link below worked (without using your package - fresh installation).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182978

Your ethernet fix included in the package did not work (also a fresh installation), and after trying your package (with it not working) then trying the fix from the original thread also did not fix it.

Thanks

christy

Try burning It with Ultraiso => http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso

@kenzkenz

I see you are new here, welcome to the forum. I would appreciate if you would click "Edit" in the lower right section of your post and delete everything but your question. No need to quote my entire first post.

You might find help here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=104

In the future, a multi-boot guide might be made here but it's not a priority right now.

@Breathless

I created the package based on some of Fabio's work but it is entirely different now. Fabio is the DSDT pro and handles the Italian language guide. The installer does exactly the same thing as the post you referenced. After you are done with your fresh install, restart. After the system comes up go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal and type in: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Restart one more time and go to System Preferences->Network after a short time you should see the network adapters pop-up. It works everytime here. There is an ethernet autopatcher setup with the installer, you can remove it by deleting /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.dgobe.ethpatcher.plist

I'm going to document what the installer does in another post when I have time.

Awesome, thanks! I will try this on my next attempt to get everything working properly.

Anyone else having problems with USB reliability? It seems that my USB ports will work sometimes and then sometimes not. Rebooting sometimes gets them back, and then rebooting other times they still don't show up. It affects most/all of my USB devices, both those that are plugged into a hub, and those that are plugged directly into the onboard ports.

@kenzkenz

I see you are new here, welcome to the forum. I would appreciate if you would click "Edit" in the lower right section of your post and delete everything but your question. No need to quote my entire first post.

You might find help here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=104

In the future, a multi-boot guide might be made here but it's not a priority right now.

@Breathless

I created the package based on some of Fabio's work but it is entirely different now. Fabio is the DSDT pro and handles the Italian language guide. The installer does exactly the same thing as the post you referenced. After you are done with your fresh install, restart. After the system comes up go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal and type in: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Restart one more time and go to System Preferences->Network after a short time you should see the network adapters pop-up. It works everytime here. There is an ethernet autopatcher setup with the installer, you can remove it by deleting /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.dgobe.ethpatcher.plist

I'm going to document what the installer does in another post when I have time.

Exactly as explained by dgobe...

I pass over the part about the installer, dgobe handles brilliantly in this part (excellent installer).

I prefer to devote my "hobby time" to optimize the system (like DSDT) and post the new, I know my installer is outdated I will remove them and get the proper link with this new ones proposed here.

Fabio

hi,thank you all for nice guide.yesterday I tried this installation with a sl dvd downloaded from .....

but after boot 132 when I put the snow leo dvd,I couln't have option snow leo selection.then I wrote on this forum under this topic,and I bought a snow leo installation dvd as I was instructedand ,I tried the installation,and everything went on fine till where it blocks at 28minutes remaing to complete the installation,and don't go ahead.the dvd rom led and hd led are seems to be busy with the installation.I left it for hour and hour,but still there blocked.can someone help me please.

thank you,christy

HI EVERYBODY

AFTER MANY INSTALLTION OF VARIOUS TYPE OF HACKINTOSH,TODAY I SUCCESESFULLY MANAGED TI INSTALL SNOW LEOPARD ON MY SYSTEM.THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GUIDE.EVRYTHINGS WORKING WEL EXEPT MY GRAFICH CARD AND WIRELESS.CAN ANYONE DO HELP ME.

THANK YOU

MY GRAFICH CARD IS ATI4870 X2

ASUS P6T DELUXE V2

EVRYTHINGS WORKING WEL EXEPT MY GRAFICH CARD AND WIRELESS.CAN ANYONE DO HELP ME.

THANK YOU

MY GRAFICH CARD IS ATI4870 X2

ASUS P6T DELUXE V2

Glad to hear it worked.

netkas has a driver package for your video card here:

http://netkas.org/?p=212

Use Software update first to download and install at least the 10.6.1 update to Snow Leopard.

No one can help you with your wireless if you don't say what you have....but I suggest you do a search for it first before posting.

I tried AppleVIAATA.kext as suggested here Marvell 88SE6102 (PATA/IDE) under SL 64 Bit Vanilla. Now the drive connected to my eSATA works.

AppleVIAATA.kext - http://www.kexts.com/view/87-appleviaata_f...ow_leopard.html

Dgobe,

Just a suggestion,

I think if you add the above file to your installation dvd we will be able to install SL from a PATA/IDE drive as

It works fine with my old IDE/PATA drive in 32 / 64 bits mode.

Thanks,

PiSToL

Dgobe,

Just a suggestion,

I think if you add the above file to your installation dvd we will be able to install SL from a PATA/IDE drive as

It works fine with my old IDE/PATA drive in 32 / 64 bits mode.

Thanks,

PiSToL

It's on the list of things to do. Maybe later today....

@iFabio...

Since you are the DSDT specialist I was wondering if I could make a request...or just ask for your help...

I have a fully up and running system except my wireless card which is DWA-552 which uses Atheros Chipset, it is supported and recognized but it causes kernel panics after I boot.

However if I set my bios to CPU = 1, and turn off hyperthreading it works just fine, so my theory is that it needs to be patched in the DSDT but I really don't think know how to do it yet.

I was wondering if you would be interested in trying or giving me any advice on how to do it.

I can give you all the info you need just let me know...

Thanks!

@iFabio...

Since you are the DSDT specialist I was wondering if I could make a request...or just ask for your help...

I have a fully up and running system except my wireless card which is DWA-552 which uses Atheros Chipset, it is supported and recognized but it causes kernel panics after I boot.

However if I set my bios to CPU = 1, and turn off hyperthreading it works just fine, so my theory is that it needs to be patched in the DSDT but I really don't think know how to do it yet.

I was wondering if you would be interested in trying or giving me any advice on how to do it.

I can give you all the info you need just let me know...

Thanks!

PLS for all people here...

Update/add yours signature with you spec! (mobo, GFX card, RAM, ecc)

PLS! PLS! PLS!

Is very hard for me find a solution without compare the different device...

@TickleBoo I check it when I have time...

Fabio

news for P6TD Deluxe

Hello everyone.

I did a test for you so as to remove the doubts of compatibility with the DSDT of the P6T Deluxe.

I downloaded from ASUS website the latest firmware for my motherboard,

the P6T Deluxe v1 BIOS version 1904.

and I also downloaded the BIOS of your motherboard,

P6TD Deluxe BIOS version 0303.

I extracted from the two BIOS the ACPI tables and in particular the DSDT tables.

I decompile and have compared it...

The result.. the two tables are identical, this means you can use our DSDT with one caveat, I do not know what exactly your peripheral is... the device position maybe are locate in the same place but this .. I can't see if is the same as our mobo.

Anyway.. have fun!

Fabio