ASUS P5B Deluxe - Snow Leopard Thread

LukeMotion

33 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I simply cannot get Firewire to be recognized - what am I missing here?

I am on 10.6.5 after updating from Itakos S3 v2 (10.6.4)

Anyone has any ideas? I am not sure but I think I lost the Firewire after updating to 10.6.5 so I assume some relevant kext got over-written - I have absolutely no idea where to start looking...

Thank you in advance for any help about this one...

Cheers,

J

Hi all,

I simply cannot get Firewire to be recognized - what am I missing here?

I am on 10.6.5 after updating from Itakos S3 v2 (10.6.4)

Anyone has any ideas? I am not sure but I think I lost the Firewire after updating to 10.6.5 so I assume some relevant kext got over-written - I have absolutely no idea where to start looking...

Thank you in advance for any help about this one...

Cheers,

J

Delete the AppleHPet file from the System/Extensions folder and reboot.

Does anyone have a proper "About this Mac" on their 10.6.5? My CPU cores are showing as 1 but as I have a Core2Duo E6850 - surely they should be represented as 2 cores?

Im having issues with all this smbios n stuff! Dont understand a word of it! Everyone keeps talking about /Extra - where the hell is it? I dont have it ! :-(

I have a successful install other than the issues mentioned about and I used iAtkos 10.6.3 - Its a decent build for P5B deluxe if you ask me - simple and str8 forward!

Delete the AppleHPet file from the System/Extensions folder and reboot.

Does anyone have a proper "About this Mac" on their 10.6.5? My CPU cores are showing as 1 but as I have a Core2Duo E6850 - surely they should be represented as 2 cores?

Im having issues with all this smbios n stuff! Dont understand a word of it! Everyone keeps talking about /Extra - where the hell is it? I dont have it ! :-(

I have a successful install other than the issues mentioned about and I used iAtkos 10.6.3 - Its a decent build for P5B deluxe if you ask me - simple and str8 forward!

Hey d4vinder, EXTRA is if you have a retail install, there are some extra extensions and your DSDT if you have one, again if its a retail install using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or Empire EFI as preboot installs. There is a post in insanelymac with a script to edit your about this Mac info, also if I am not mistaken it can be edited using OSX86 Tools.

Hope this helps, cheers mate, Plucka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I've just successfully build my new hackintosh with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 using iAtkos s3 v2.

Everything seems to work perfectly : internet, sound, graphic card, etc...

But I've got a small issue about the sound, only 1 of the 2 audio systems that are plugged is recognized.

To explain more. I don't have a 5.1, it's a quadraphonic sound system, I've got a hi-fi as main sound plugged on the green pin and a 2.1 system plugged on the black pin for bass and rear.

I got it working perfectly under Windows 7 using the SoundMax options. What's weird is that they were also working perfectly by default under Leopard using iAtkos v7.

But under Snow Leopard there's only 1 of the 2 that wants to be accepted : If both are plugged, only the one plugged on the green pin works, but, if I unplugged the green and let the black, then the sound goes to the black ones. The sound switched from one system to another no matter the changes I made about the pin, but the sound never came out of the 2 at the same time...

There's only 2 drivers for the sound in iAtkos s3 v2, Voodoo or Apple, I've tried both or just Voodoo and the result was the same.

I've tried different options using Debian, but the result was still the same...

I've googled for hours and I never had the beginning of a result...

I hope anyone could help to find an option, an app, or another driver to make it work.

I'm french and still a beginner about Mac OS, so sorry if I made mistakes or if the question seems totally noob.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone,

I've just successfully build my new hackintosh with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 using iAtkos s3 v2.

Everything seems to work perfectly : internet, sound, graphic card, etc...

But I've got a small issue about the sound, only 1 of the 2 audio systems that are plugged is recognized.

To explain more. I don't have a 5.1, it's a quadraphonic sound system, I've got a hi-fi as main sound plugged on the green pin and a 2.1 system plugged on the black pin for bass and rear.

I got it working perfectly under Windows 7 using the SoundMax options. What's weird is that they were also working perfectly by default under Leopard using iAtkos v7.

But under Snow Leopard there's only 1 of the 2 that wants to be accepted : If both are plugged, only the one plugged on the green pin works, but, if I unplugged the green and let the black, then the sound goes to the black ones. The sound switched from one system to another no matter the changes I made about the pin, but the sound never came out of the 2 at the same time...

There's only 2 drivers for the sound in iAtkos s3 v2, Voodoo or Apple, I've tried both or just Voodoo and the result was the same.

I've tried different options using Debian, but the result was still the same...

I've googled for hours and I never had the beginning of a result...

I hope anyone could help to find an option, an app, or another driver to make it work.

I'm french and still a beginner about Mac OS, so sorry if I made mistakes or if the question seems totally noob.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Arezius,

Use AD1988B.fix.kext and patcher your DSDT.aml

With this application http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227475

For info in the system info:

# Insert method _DSM into device with _ADR 0x001B0000
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
   Store (Package (0x08)\n
       {\n
           "codec-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0x9B, 0x82, 0x43, 0x10\n
           }, \n
           "layout-id", \n
           Buffer (0x04)\n
           {\n
               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
           }, \n
           "device-type", \n
           Buffer (0x17)\n
           {\n
               "Analog Devices AD1988B"\n
           }, \n
           "PinConfigurations", \n
           Buffer (0x24)\n
           {\n
               /* 0000 */    0x30, 0x40, 0x21, 0x01, 0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, \n
               /* 0008 */    0x40, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x50, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, \n
               /* 0010 */    0x60, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA0, 0x90, \n
               /* 0018 */    0x80, 0xF1, 0x45, 0x01, 0x90, 0xF1, 0xC5, 0x01, \n
               /* 0020 */    0x70, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01\n
           }\n
       }, Local0)\n
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
   Return (Local0)\n
}
end

Hi Arezius,

Use AD1988B.fix.kext and patcher your DSDT.aml

With this application http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227475

First, thank you for your answer :)

But sorry, I lack a bit of knowledge on this side (that's why I used iAtkos). And I've never done it.

I don't know where is my DSDT.aml, I think that's mainly what I could need, because I've read the post you linked me and I think I could succeed on patching the files with little research.

Mostly I found other posts that said how to create the DSDT.aml and where to put it, but I don't think that's why I have to do in my case, right ?