atom n450 / pine trail + OS X

66 posts in this topic

I used the iPortable_Snow_10.6.2 dmg - google for the torrent and you will find it. My bandwidth is not sufficient

to send you a 2.7GB image. Hope you would understand.

What about kexts for netbook?

I haven't understood about video on n450 processor.

I strongly suggest that you first download the iPortable_Snow dmg - the instructions are all inside the dmg. However, you will need a working OS X install though!

On Samsung N148 I needed no other kexts to at least run Snow Leopard. In fact, I am sending this message from that very machine!!

Good Luck. That would be all from me for now.

S.

I can confirm that it is working with 10.6.4. I just installed it on my Acer Aspire One (AO532h), and it's working beautifully.

How did you perform the upgrade? I ran the 10.6.4 ComboUpdate on iPortable_Snow 10.6.2 and it wiped off the bootloader on the harddisk. Any way to fix it?

All I get is the prompt

boot0:done

TIA,

S.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to buy an eMachines em350 on special for 197 AUD and try to install on it. N450 CPU NM10 chipset and GMA3150 of course.

Hopefully QE will get going as well. I will post a guide soon.

I have installed Iatkos V7 (iDened 10.57) on my eMachine em350 with small options before installing (Battery on / Ps2 keyboard & Trackpad / forgot to check ehci ) and it works ..

No need to specify cpus=1 at statup.

Trackpad with muti gesture works

no wifi

Screen resolution at 800x600

i don't know how to apply meklort's patch

"sudo patch -p0 < chameleon_nbi084a2.patch" to apply the patch ask me evreytime a file to patch

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have installed ideneb 1.4 thats 10.5.6 on my samsung N148 can you please provide me the tutorial how to copy to chown -r 0:0 /boot

Thanks

:thumbsup_anim:

RESOLUTION FIX!

http://www.meklort.com/?p=188

I just tried this out, and it worked like a charm. Resolution is proper (1024x600), no QE/CI yet...

it looks like there is hope for the Pine Trail netbooks... even without hardware accelerated 3D, it's not a bad price.

download the file chameleon_nbi084a2.zip

rename your old /boot to /boot-old

unzip and copy to /

chown -R 0:0 /boot

reboot and enjoy your proper resolution.

:thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...
I can confirm that it is working with 10.6.4. I just installed it on my Acer Aspire One (AO532h), and it's working beautifully.

Hi 3Horn

I also have an Acer Aspire One (AO532h) on 10.6.4, and I just cant get it to work. What was your procedure or how did you get this to work. Everytime i install the boot from the file chameleon_nbi084a2.zip, I get stuck in a rebooting loop. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Did u get it to work. i'm currently working on 10.5.8 ideneb on a samsung N210 and currently stuck at 800x600 with GMA 3150 Device ID A011

Hey,

I'm running 10.5.5 ideneb on my samsung n210, have you gotten wifi, sound, or the resolution working? If you have could you tell me how. I've gotten ethernet working if you need to know how.

• 7 months later...

I used iATKOS L2 to install Lion 10.7.2 onto an Acer Aspire One D260. It is crucial to choose the "Atom Kernel" option during setup. Selecting the PS2 option during setup not only got the mouse and keyboard working, but also I have two-finger scrolling. Choosing the latest VooDooHDA option (I think it is 2.7.3) gets audio working. I was able to use Apple's Combo Update to get the unit up to 2.7.3 -- however, be sure to launch a Chameleon package installer while the Apple Combo Update is installing (or at the least, before you let the combo update reboot your system). Click through the Chameleon options and try to start its process. It will politely insist on waiting for the Apple install to finish before it redoes your boot support. The iATKOS L2 installer uses (I am pretty sure) Chameleon-2.1 r1650. I downloaded Chameleon-2.1svn-r1886.pkg and used it when I took it up to 10.7.3. Also, please note that some of the latest Chameleon installer packages include a lot of options under a "Customize" button -- including an option to specify what graphics resolution you need! I have not been able to get either the built-in LAN (Atheros AR81Famly PCI-E Gigabit/Fast Ethernet Controller) or the half-mini PCI-e wi-fi card (Broadcom BCM94313HMG2L) to work yet. I have ordered a Broadcom wi-fi card on eBay (Dell DW1510) that I hope will be compatible. Hoping for oob functionality (?). The video does not have acceleration (no QE/CI) but at least the resolution is right. If I can get a network connection working, I think I will keep it on OS X. If I could get graphics acceleration working, this would be a very sweet little Hackintosh.

• 5 months later...