atom n450 / pine trail + OS X

66 posts in this topic

:unsure:

RESOLUTION FIX!

http://www.meklort.com/?p=188

I just tried this out, and it worked like a charm. Resolution is proper (1024x600), no QE/CI yet...

it looks like there is hope for the Pine Trail netbooks... even without hardware accelerated 3D, it's not a bad price.

download the file chameleon_nbi084a2.zip

rename your old /boot to /boot-old

unzip and copy to /

chown -R 0:0 /boot

reboot and enjoy your proper resolution.

:P

So I tried this fix, and it worked! Sadly, it also made my USB bus stop working. This is probably because I didn't use NetbookInstaller on my system, but rather myHack. I may be able to fix it by tinkering, but I don't know what to use to edit the boot file. bbEdit surprisingly didn't work too well.

I am also trying to hackintosh my lenovo s10-3t tablet which uses aton n450 pine trail.

I have had so-so luck so far. I got osx 10.6 installed on my lenovo using this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...topic=%20180954

which was designed for a different motherboard

i had to plug in a USB mouse for the installer (ps2 mice were not detected). I later added the voodoo kext which made the touchpad work.

Touchscreen doesn't work, the above cd gave me native resolution 1024x600 without any special steps. im waiting on a dell 1394 wireless mini card to put in to get wifi, and im exploring how to get the touchscreen to work.

audio, etc. supposedly work, but i havent bothered yet.

I am also trying to hackintosh my lenovo s10-3t tablet which uses aton n450 pine trail.

I have had so-so luck so far. I got osx 10.6 installed on my lenovo using this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...topic=%20180954

which was designed for a different motherboard

i had to plug in a USB mouse for the installer (ps2 mice were not detected). I later added the voodoo kext which made the touchpad work.

Touchscreen doesn't work, the above cd gave me native resolution 1024x600 without any special steps. im waiting on a dell 1394 wireless mini card to put in to get wifi, and im exploring how to get the touchscreen to work.

audio, etc. supposedly work, but i havent bothered yet.

I'm sure there's a way to make the touchscreen to work. The thing is to find out if the touchscreen is connected via usb or serial. If it is usb thers allot of touchscreen manufactures that do them for macs . Those drivers might be useful to make the touchscreen to work with a little tweak. But if the touchscreen is serial then that's a problem. Haven't heard of mac touchscreen support for serials. One thing that bothers me is the wifi. Somes I heard works others had to swap it.

I'm trying to look for a day to sit and try the install and tweaking with os x for my lenovo s103t but my days are full with work. T__T

On ebay i found a 1/2 height dell wlan 1397 compatible broadcom wireless card. I know for my dell notebooks it works great with osx. The new card was only $15 and free shipping, so pretty reasonable for a fix for wifi. the touchscreen is my next challenge...

I also just confirmed that the touchscreen is USB, so hopefully that is good news. Now, where to find kext for usb touchscreen ?

I'm sure there's a way to make the touchscreen to work. The thing is to find out if the touchscreen is connected via usb or serial. If it is usb thers allot of touchscreen manufactures that do them for macs . Those drivers might be useful to make the touchscreen to work with a little tweak. But if the touchscreen is serial then that's a problem. Haven't heard of mac touchscreen support for serials. One thing that bothers me is the wifi. Somes I heard works others had to swap it.

I'm trying to look for a day to sit and try the install and tweaking with os x for my lenovo s103t but my days are full with work. T__T

I used NBI 0.8.4pre to do the install on my S10-3t and the touchscreen sort of works for me. The Cando TouchScreen is reported properly in the System Profiler, but to get it to work you need to use two fingers. Try touching the screen with your left hand in the lower left corner and keeping it here, then use your right hand to touch the screen. For me it starts reporting the touches fairly properly, it just seems to need some sort of calibration. I also ended up using the slice VoodooHDA 2.5.6 kexts for sound and that is working pretty well. Still trying to get some sort of networking to work and I posted a question about that in the lan forum. I think maybe it is not recognizing the pcie devices because I have a Crystal HD BCM70012 in the machine and I added the kexts for it but I am not seeing anything in the system profiler.

On ebay i found a 1/2 height dell wlan 1397 compatible broadcom wireless card. I know for my dell notebooks it works great with osx. The new card was only $15 and free shipping, so pretty reasonable for a fix for wifi. the touchscreen is my next challenge...

I also just confirmed that the touchscreen is USB, so hopefully that is good news. Now, where to find kext for usb touchscreen ?

There are allot of manufactures that do usb touchscreen for macs. I heard some drivers (even if ther´re not manufacture related with the touchscreen) seems to do the trick. Im downloading some for troubleshooting on the weekend.

Im going to try MSIOSX86.iso and iPortable Show Leopard.iso for the mac install. Any other version suggested for the lenovo netbooks? I tried MSIOSX86 but after install os couldnt boot even if it has the boot flag it displayed Operation System missing. Didnt even boot chameleon and install was sucessful. Ill retry the weekend

Managed to install Mac os with Kalyway and tweaking the root log in. I used ideneb combo upgrade to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.8. Update fixed battery, still have native resolution but still no wireless, sound, sleep and touchscreen. I am trying the VoodooHDA 2.5.6 kexts but i keep getting errors in the PrefPane of VoodooHDA saying Cant get registry entry path. I'm using the files from here:http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355&st=20 but is not working

Any help on the lenovo s10 3t?

• 3 weeks later...
I've noticed that Linux uses the i915 driver for the gma 3150.

The Linux driver is integrated across all GMA (excluding the 500, which is a totally different animal).

the 3100 driver is probably best bet as a starting place, I hope to get one of these soon and experiment.

I mentioned before that the "chocolate" kernel did wonders for my netbook.

When you boot the iportable, you need to enter boot options in order to load the chocolate kernel.

(see the pdf included with iPortable for more details on choosing your kernel)

Try different kernels before adding any new kexts. Chances are, you may have Apple-compatible hardware that isn't being recognized without a kernel recompile.

(the more "3rd party" kexts that you add to Snow Leopard) = (the more kexts you have to manually monitor upon Apple software updates.)

the kernel is singular, and a hell of a lot faster to replace/update.

it would be wonderful to get a bios replacement project going for netbooks. We wouldn't even need to replace the kernel anymore.

(any hardware gurus out there? you can change the world with some hexadecimal magic!)

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbsup_anim:

RESOLUTION FIX!

I just tried this out, and it worked like a charm. Resolution is proper (1024x600), no QE/CI yet...

it looks like there is hope for the Pine Trail netbooks... even without hardware accelerated 3D, it's not a bad price.

unzip and copy to /

Hi, I have installed the iportable 10.6.2 on my Gateway lt 2104 today. and I get touchpad/resolution/sound/camera( works in the Photo Booth, but not works in the Image Capture) working. Really thanks for your help. However, it cannot find my wifi card. And the card didn't work even after I installed the AtherosFix.pkg. I don't know if you meet same problem before, and how can you work it out? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys.. I have recently bought the Gateway LT2104U and is greatly interested in the final results of this amazing project.. I would really enjoy fully using OSX on my netbook...xD Did you install this via Ext. DVD Drive..? Or USB?? If via USB, Was this done w/o owning a Mac.? I read that you must have a Mac in order to correctly format the USB Drive to be able to install the OSX...I hope there is a way around it lol.. it would make things so much easier lol.. Im still following this so i dont want it to die..lol

I just did a complete wipe and reinstalled using "iPortable Snow x86 optimized Mac 10.6.2"

the default "chocolate" kernel seems to boot just fine, and this seems like a good default SL installation to tweak things on...

wireless drivers are included in the package.

(read the pdf included in the DMG and follow the instructions.)

I've rebuilt the Chameleon boot loader to force detection of a GMA915... However, no kext is loaded after detection. I think I may be heading in the right direction.

(note, the first install I performed was on a retail dvd using the netbook usb maker. post installation scripts need not be run)

Hey debauchery1st, thanks for figuring out the install for the lt2104u!

I just picked up a lt2104u today. I installed hazard 10.6.2 because I wanted to run it off the internal drive and not a usb stick. I then noticed you had better luck with the drivers from the iPortable package. I also grabbed that and put it on an external drive to get the correct drivers.

Which wireless kext did you install from the iPortable Package? Also which ethernet kext are you using? I can't seem to get the wireless or ethernet to work or any audio using the VoodooHDA kext.

I have even gone so far as to replace all my S/L/E folder with the one from iPortable.

I am running at full 1024 x 600 by installing the Netbookinstaller 0.8.4 RC1

Thanks!

Hey debauchery1st, thanks for figuring out the install for the lt2104u!

I just picked up a lt2104u today. I installed hazard 10.6.2 because I wanted to run it off the internal drive and not a usb stick. I then noticed you had better luck with the drivers from the iPortable package. I also grabbed that and put it on an external drive to get the correct drivers.

Which wireless kext did you install from the iPortable Package? Also which ethernet kext are you using? I can't seem to get the wireless or ethernet to work or any audio using the VoodooHDA kext.

I have even gone so far as to replace all my S/L/E folder with the one from iPortable.

I am running at full 1024 x 600 by installing the Netbookinstaller 0.8.4 RC1

Thanks!

Update: I am now running iportable 10.6.2 from an external drive, I edited AtherosFix.kext to put my vendorID. An airport shows up but it can't find my wireless network.

VoodooHDA.kext now works in iportable where it didn't work in my other install. I now have sound.

I still am not quite sure which ethernet kext to install.

• 3 weeks later...

bought the gateway lt2104u

after some initial struggle, I've managed to get everything working with the exception of the graphics

(still stuck in 800x600)

I'm trying to compile a work-around for the graphics chipset. I've noticed that Linux uses the i915 driver for the gma 3150.

(this is the equivalent to the intelgma900 kext in apple land)

I think there may be hope.

(upgraded to 10.6.2 with patched kernel.)

Did u get it to work. i'm currently working on 10.5.8 ideneb on a samsung N210 and currently stuck at 800x600 with GMA 3150 Device ID A011

The VoodooHDA drivers work just fine for me.

Had to install from the drivers directory on iportable 10.6.2

I have been reading everything you posted and have pretty much got everything to work except for the sound. I have the lt2104u just like you. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction. I'm clueless on how to install the audio drivers ... Thanks in advance.

Resoution: 1024x600

Aiport: working

Installed on primary HDD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

RESOLUTION FIX!

unzip and copy to /

Hi, I am not able to get this to work on 10.6.4. Is it working for 10.6.4?

Thanks

Hi, I am not able to get this to work on 10.6.4. Is it working for 10.6.4?

Thanks

I can confirm that it is working with 10.6.4. I just installed it on my Acer Aspire One (AO532h), and it's working beautifully.

I can confirm that it is working with 10.6.4. I just installed it on my Acer Aspire One (AO532h), and it's working beautifully.

Can you make a guide for this netbook? I just bought one, and I will really love to install Mac OS X

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is my first post in this community so I would hope you would kindly excuse my ignorance.

I have managed to boot the iPortable 10.6.2 on a pine trail

netbook - Samsung N148 and I am not complaining about the 800x600 resolution but rather the audio driver.

I believe the ethernet is also detected properly though I have not tested it fully.

I have used the VoodooHDA.kext using the "kext helper" and it gave some output through the front speaker but annoyingly there is also a constant sharp noise coming out of microphone ( yes that's correct - not from the speaker).

Has anyone encountered similar problem on their machines? Does anyone know how to fix it?

On a different point, can anyone host the chameleon_nbi084a2.zip file? I have not been able to access Meklort's site as it seems to be down.

Thanks a lot.

S.