Potential i3 Build Possible?

82 posts in this topic

ok, i wanna do a mini ITX build

i3 530 (microcenter has them for $90)

H55N-USB3....does this mobo work fully? i noticed it has a new realtek audio, ALC892. are there any problems with this?

slim dvd burner- which is the fastest and best price? sony optiarc? i want lightscribe and slot loading if possible. i may opt for a blu ray burner, which would be the best model?

case- i want a case like these that can fit a 3.5" SATA HD. i want to get the biggest HD possible and the notebook drives max out at 1 TB and are more expensive. also want a couple front ports, headphones and USB would be good.

ms550_lmpic.jpg

Mini-ITX-ATX-PC-Case-E-2020-.jpg

China_Mini_ITX_Cases_E_20102008121716523110.jpg

i'm very interested in using the onboard graphics....how difficult is it to get working?

is it possible to get a single 4 GB DDR3 stick? i want to max the RAM out at 8GB but all the 8GB kits i see are expensive as hell.....300 bucks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't believe that BuildSmart is the only one who has Intel HD Graphics working with i5-650 and selectable resolutions.

It is my understanding that the information is available from a new macbook with Intel HD Graphics so it should be very possible for others to make it work.

I don't recommend asking me to obtain and/or provide any files and BuildSmart can't come here to discuss it with you because someone here has banned him (for reasons of personal dislike) but using google you should be able to track him down since he has his own IRC and forum and no I wont provide the information so don't ask.

• 4 months later...
hello, are there any News, want to set up i3-540, GA-H55M-USB3 and a SATA-SSD.

Want to use the integrated GMA, are there Probvlems, or is there a working solution for this Graphic?

You will need to add a OS X compliant video card. Intel HD Graphics are not supported; all you can hope for is low resolution and no acceleration.

neil