ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 Full Res [No QE/CI]

SilentViper

87 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Im waiting on my laptop to come in (dv6-2144nr) and ill give it a go. its been awhile since ive been in the hackintosh scene. can anyone confirm that the only modded release of snow leopard is the hazard release because thats what im going to be working with

Im waiting on my laptop to come in (dv6-2144nr) and ill give it a go. its been awhile since ive been in the Hackintosh scene. can anyone confirm that the only modded release of snow leopard is the hazard release because thats what im going to be working with

Not Sure what the "hazard release" is.

anyone can enabler QE/CI? is it possible?

No, According to Netkas it will never Work unless Apple Uses a Radeon Mobility in A mac. Which Confuses me seeing as he also said that the Card in the New Imac is a 4670 Mobility. Odd

hello,i have a sony fw 520 and use the ati hd 4650

i was trying to get the mac os,but i had trouble,

i was already doing so many research about the driver,but i still cant boot it,

i know there are so many awsome kind people,would you please try to give me a kest list for me

to put it into the SL?

I huge appreciate it!!

i tried this steps many times but i coudn't install the driver, when i install the 10.5s kext to my laptop (hp dv6-1350et) it seems as "RadeonHD10.5.kext" in extensions directory. Have i to rename the kext file as "RadoenHD" before install the kext file? And i cant restart my computer anytime so i hold down the power button for shutdown, i coud't find where is my mistake. i try this iatkos v7 (10.5.7). have i to use another osx for example ideneb? could anyone prepare a picture and video guide for 4650 kext detail installation, too many person waiting for tihs, thanx..

I wont post a torrent link here because i most likely will get slapped by the admin so ill link you to a site that tells you what the SL hazard release has http://mafiaweb.org/2009/12/snow-leopard-1...ntelamd-hazard/ anyways im going to start messing around with my laptop today for a bit. What distro of mac are you currently trying to get your 4650 working with silent viper.

im going to be messing around with the mobility version and afaik that's what silent viper is doing. i think SL might have drivers for the full hd 4650 if not im sure there are other distros that support it.

Update: the hazard release wont boot on my laptop so im going to have to try the server version that has an updated boot loader so i have to wait for that to dl

i tried this steps many times but i coudn't install the driver, when i install the 10.5s kext to my laptop (hp dv6-1350et) it seems as "RadeonHD10.5.kext" in extensions directory. Have i to rename the kext file as "RadoenHD" before install the kext file? And i cant restart my computer anytime so i hold down the power button for shutdown, i coud't find where is my mistake. i try this iatkos v7 (10.5.7). have i to use another osx for example ideneb? could anyone prepare a picture and video guide for 4650 kext detail installation, too many person waiting for tihs, thanx..

no You will need the .kext on the end of that file so that the icon looks like a lego or building block, when you boot do NOT put GraphicsEnabler or anything similiar you will need to add in -f at least once to rebuild kext cache.

I wont post a torrent link here because i most likely will get slapped by the admin so ill link you to a site that tells you what the SL hazard release has http://mafiaweb.org/2009/12/snow-leopard-1...ntelamd-hazard/ anyways im going to start messing around with my laptop today for a bit. What distro of mac are you currently trying to get your 4650 working with silent viper.

I used iatkos v7 to do the first install then install SL on a seperate partition via the DMG method.

Would this work with the Radeon 4650 HD? Or is it only for the mobility?

this driver is geared more toward the Mobility Your best bet for the full 4650 would be to refer to http://netkas.org and use the new bootloader PCEFI 10.6 which supports GraphicsEnabler for that card and follow any other instructions listed (e.g. put Device ID where necessary)

im going to be messing around with the mobility version and afaik that's what silent viper is doing. i think SL might have drivers for the full hd 4650 if not im sure there are other distros that support it.

Update: the hazard release wont boot on my laptop so im going to have to try the server version that has an updated boot loader so i have to wait for that to dl

Yes i was just running Test after test with different combinations of Kexts and Injector properties, had to pull back because of school and the end of the Semester and all. Will try to pick back up where i left off soon though

no You will need the .kext on the end of that file so that the icon looks like a lego or building block, when you boot do NOT put GraphicsEnabler or anything similiar you will need to add in -f at least once to rebuild kext cache.

I used iatkos v7 to do the first install then install SL on a seperate partition via the DMG method.

this driver is geared more toward the Mobility Your best bet for the full 4650 would be to refer to http://netkas.org and use the new bootloader PCEFI 10.6 which supports GraphicsEnabler for that card and follow any other instructions listed (e.g. put Device ID where necessary)

Yes i was just running Test after test with different combinations of Kexts and Injector properties, had to pull back because of school and the end of the Semester and all. Will try to pick back up where i left off soon though

I have understanded from your posts these below; please if i am false say to me..

1. I have HP DV6-1350ET (P7450, Mobility 4650) and i can use full resolution my 4650 graphic card if i do the steps correctly with iatkos v7 (Chameleon V2 bootloader)?

2. I don't need any kext file (18.12 dongs kext files) to solve 4650s full res. problem, just i have to move the ati2000.kext non-functional spot and i have to write graphicsenabler=no -f -x32 at chameleon boot loader?

Please make a picture or video guide to solve 4650s resolution iatkos v7, thank u very much..

I have understanded from your posts these below; please if i am false say to me..

1. I have HP DV6-1350ET (P7450, Mobility 4650) and i can use full resolution my 4650 graphic card if i do the steps correctly with iatkos v7 (Chameleon V2 bootloader)?

2. I don't need any kext file (18.12 dongs kext files) to solve 4650s full res. problem, just i have to move the ati2000.kext non-functional spot and i have to write graphicsenabler=no -f -x32 at chameleon boot loader?

Please make a picture or video guide to solve 4650s resolution iatkos v7, thank u very much..

wrong.

I used iAtkos v7 for the base system and modified the system from there.

You need to move the ATIRadeonX2000.kext AND add the RadeonHD.kext.

you don't need to type anything at first boot except -v to diagnose problems that arise, and -f to rebuild kextcache.

no i am not going to make a picture guide or video. (don't have the resources)

wrong.

I used iAtkos v7 for the base system and modified the system from there.

You need to move the ATIRadeonX2000.kext AND add the RadeonHD.kext.

you don't need to type anything at first boot except -v to diagnose problems that arise, and -f to rebuild kextcache.

no i am not going to make a picture guide or video. (don't have the resources)

Have i mark to install "Ati HD driver" while installing iatkos? When i install the 10.5s kext to my laptop it seems as "RadeonHD10.5.kext" in extensions directory. Have i to rename the "Radeon10.5.kext" file as "RadoenHD" before install the kext file? And couldn't understand what must i do about graphicsenabler?

my copy of ideneb 1.6 finished first so im burning it now and ill have the 10.6 client hazard release sometime soon. ill post back if ideneb boots. i got i deneb 1.4 to boot and install but my laptop hangs on boot, the caps and num lock lights flash, not really sure what kind of a crash it is, but the same thing happens when trying to boot 1.5 or 10.6 hazard. one thing i didt notice is that my bios has a higher revision number than the one on hps site, hell if i know but ill probably try to upgrade it later.

Update: well ideneb 1.6 boots, now its time to install and hope it doesn't die on me.

Have i mark to install "Ati HD driver" while installing iatkos? When i install the 10.5s kext to my laptop it seems as "RadeonHD10.5.kext" in extensions directory. Have i to rename the "Radeon10.5.kext" file as "RadoenHD" before install the kext file? And couldn't understand what must i do about graphicsenabler?

ignore GraphicsEnabler, just forget about it. Don't Select anything graphics Card wise in Iatkos install.

the Radeon10.5.kext came in a .zip which you need to decompress by double clicking on it. then you should have a file that looks like a building block the Full Filename should be RadeonHD.kext be sure you have Show All File Extensions enabled by Clicking the Finder Happy face in the dock then clicking the word Finder in the Top left corner, then go to Preferences, and then click the Advanced tab and make sure Show All Filename Extensions is checked.

my copy of ideneb 1.6 finished first so im burning it now and ill have the 10.6 client hazard release sometime soon. ill post back if ideneb boots. i got i deneb 1.4 to boot and install but my laptop hangs on boot, the caps and num lock lights flash, not really sure what kind of a crash it is, but the same thing happens when trying to boot 1.5 or 10.6 hazard. one thing i didt notice is that my bios has a higher revision number than the one on hps site, hell if i know but ill probably try to upgrade it later.

Update: well ideneb 1.6 boots, now its time to install and hope it doesn't die on me.

Great! please report any progress acheived.

ok, im about to curb stomp my laptop, i deneb 1.6 boots, install, and then {censored} out after the chameleon loader, no verbose output of any kind. i cant even begin to describe how pissed i am atm, i just downgraded my bios in hopes of it making a damn distro of mac boot.

Update: got it to boot finally, i think i overlooked some kexts and it didnt like that, also for some reason i dont think it even installed a kernal the first time. but now that it boots it goes to a grey screen with garbled graphics. any suggestions?

Update 2: just booted with -x -f -v and got graphics, but i need to go back and install ps2 and usb fixes because it wont detect my keyboard :censored2:

Update 3: ok so you can boot back off the install dvd and install individual components to fix screw ups. ill have to play with it later

Well I hope 10.6.2 boots because ideneb is starting to really {censored} me off. I tried to get it to boot normally after copying over the edited radeonhd kext but that just pissed it off and it booted into a white screen. im going to give ideneb one last shot with a few install changes, but its lack of even basic graphic drivers to install leave with no room to work. i need to get a working copy with basic graphics and not in safe mode. my hazard release is a little over half done, if im lucky it should be done tonight and ill give it a try. unless i can figure out how to build a coustom dvd with all the kext options i need, ill be screwed for awhile.

ignore GraphicsEnabler, just forget about it. Don't Select anything graphics Card wise in Iatkos install.

the Radeon10.5.kext came in a .zip which you need to decompress by double clicking on it. then you should have a file that looks like a building block the Full Filename should be RadeonHD.kext be sure you have Show All File Extensions enabled by Clicking the Finder Happy face in the dock then clicking the word Finder in the Top left corner, then go to Preferences, and then click the Advanced tab and make sure Show All Filename Extensions is checked.

Thank u very much, i did it :)

U do not have to redo the whole precedure

IF U MESSED UP DISPLAY SETTINGS

1) edit /Libary/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist (u can do it by booting in single user mode, from anyother volume, macdrive through windows, etc.)

2) there you can set hight and width

IF u have changed REFRESH RATE edit the field RefreshRate16.16 and put in the value, i.e. refresh rate u what, by mulltiplying with 65536

for example a refresh rate of 60Mhz the refreshrate16.16 value should be 60*65536

Guys, I have a Toshiba A505-S6965, and using your advice I got 1366x768 resolution finally. The resolution is perfect and shows up both in System Profiler and System Preferences as 1366x768, 32 bit. The cursor is, for want of a better word, messed up (not an arrow but a many-colored square which looks like a screenshot in miniature), but usable. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I add the details of what I did:

1. Use OSX86 Tools to install both the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and Dong's RadeonHD.kext from 12/18.

2. Reboot: you get a white screen

3. Reboot again using "Graphics Mode"="640x480x16": OSX says you have to restart (gives screen with only option to power down.

4. Reboot again using "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32": you get a white screen.

NOW, follow SilentViper's instructions to the letter, viz.:

5. Move ATIRadeonX2000.kext to a non-functional spot (see his post above).

6. Reboot with -x (this is Safe Mode, in case anybody doesn't know)

7. Use any plist editor (Try Plist Edit Pro, google it) to edit /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext/Contents/info.plist

8. VERIFY that the change took, by opening it after you make the change (sometimes change will not be allowed, depending on what editor you use and what your permissions are.)

9. Reboot, open System Preferences > Displays, and choose 1366x768, if it is not already chosen.

10. NOTE (IMPORTANT!!): Although you CAN choose other resolutions, at least one of them (1024x768) leads to a black screen and having to repeat the entire above process, so leave well-enough alone!

Ned Barth

I use Netkas bootloader, for my Saphirre HD4670 Ultimate.

Works great, QE/CI, all resulutions.

But

I can not use dual display. no matter what port i use (the card has DVI,HDMI,D-Sub) I get a picture only on one display.

Does this HDRadeon support dual display ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RadeonHD.kext is geared towards mobility cards

No, it was a valid question, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW450J, with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, but I have it set up to display on my 55" Samsung TV and I use a wireless keyboard and mouse, I installed the RadeonHD.kext, and whether I use the HDMI output or the VGA, the screen on the TV is orange and purple and pixellated so bad you can't tell what anything is. I've been looking for a solution for a week or so now, but I don't see how to make it work anywhere. Oh, it does come up dual display though, and the laptop display is perfect, even though you can't make out what's on the TV.

Here is a photo of my TV while it is on dual display, it appears to start the TV in 256 colors instead of millions, If I set the laptop display to thousands instead of millions, I get a similar look, just not as bad. Any idea how to fis this?

post-586310-1268322175_thumb.jpg

No, it was a valid question

where did that come from i answered the question. its not an official Apple driver, its not going to work perfectly QE / CI nor proper Output. Dongs kext was specifically designed to get display on the main monitor in native resolution he wasn't necessarily concerned about output. i'm sure it crossed his mind but the fact that all laptops are NOT made equal and some laptops are wired differently would prevent the kext from working properly

I have no Idea how to fix the color problem on your TV when pulling from your computer. Did you try from windows to verify it's not your cable ro cable's connections

I didn't mean anything by it, except that I have the same question. I need my external display to work, but it only loads 256 colors. I can't see on the small display lol. If anyone knows how to change the external display settings, please let me know. Oh and yes I'm sure the tv works fine as a monitor because I dual boot with vista 64.