All about Gigabyte P55A-UD3 - My experience

quattrofx

57 posts in this topic

I purchased a new Apple Bluetooth Magic Mouse and ACER Bluetooth

USB Dongle Model KRBT500 with the Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd Chipset.

Installation progress goes without any problems under 64 Bit:

1. Connected USB Dongle was recognised and Installed in System Profiler as “Bluetooth USB Host Controller“ with the ProductID_0001 and VendorID_0a12

2. In System Preferences under the Internet & Wireless area, Started fresh installed Bluetooth Aplication to make the connection with Magic Mouse.

Activated „Discoverable“ button to search for Mouse, and after few sec.

It was recognised and showed in the left side window of the Bluetooth App.

After clicking on „Connect“ button, this Aplication does the Parity first, and

at the end make the connection, showing „successfully“ connected!

This Connection is permanent, as long as you disconnect it manuelly.

At the moment I am using Apple Alu Keyboard with Numeric pad and

Magic Mouse in both OS´s:

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and Windows 7 64Bit !

For all the People using dualboot with Win7 I have Very GOOOOOD News:

32 Bit & 64Bit Windows Drivers for Magic Mouse can be found here:

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2009/11/14588/

I wish you all very much fun with MousyMagic!

kmset.th.png

Cheers

QuattroFX

Here is one solution from Macgirl for this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...143510&st=0

Give it a try...

And Yes, U must create one 5.1 Audio aggregate in Midi setup.

Second, try this .kext from kexts.com : ALC888 HD Audio (first delete HDAudio & EnableHDA) and use Kexthelper!

This one gave me fast perfect sound!

Cheers

QuattroFX

I'm almost there!

I went to kexts.com and installed just that ALC888 HD audio, got rid of everything else. Kept my aggregate setup.

Audio no longer pops or delays, but I still don't get 5.1 surround on that YouTube video. I set up my aggregate and I can click the speakers individually hear the static test, and 5.1 bluray rips (mkv) sound great.

I looked up a bunch of 5.1 test YouTube videos and I get just stereo sound.

I'm almost there!

I went to kexts.com and installed just that ALC888 HD audio, got rid of everything else. Kept my aggregate setup.

Audio no longer pops or delays, but I still don't get 5.1 surround on that YouTube video. I set up my aggregate and I can click the speakers individually hear the static test, and 5.1 bluray rips (mkv) sound great.

I looked up a bunch of 5.1 test YouTube videos and I get just stereo sound.

Ok, can be. That depends of which Audio codecs is in use in your Internet browser (Safari, Mozilla, Firefox, etc...).

But as you already sad, you can hear 5.1 Surround from Bluray rip, or?

Let´s do it another way...

1. Example

Go to this link:

http://www.wdr.de/radio/hoerspiel-surround...prechertest.mov

change Audio Output to 5.1 Surround and start Test-Audio: Quicktime Player - Lautsprechertest hören

2. Example

Go to this Page:

http://www.lynnemusic.com/surround.html

and follow instructions...

With this tests you can test QuickTime and VLC 5.1 compatibility. If you have installed Flip4mac codecs bundle, your browser uses probably wmv codecs for youtube videos which is not 5.1 compatible!

If any of this examples does not mach 5.1 on your system, you should delete old and create another new 5.1 or 7.1 aggregate device (depends on how many outputs your motherboard have:3 or 4) for further tests...

BR

QuattroFX

We all here wont to make our iHac´s to look and behave like original iMac as much as possible.

After perfect 10.6.2 install, I am focusing on Hardware now:

First step was case modding in one G5. Done!

Second one was Alu keyboard and Magic Mouse. Done!

As we all know that the newest iMacs have IrDA Receiver build in, to be able to use Apple iRemote,

I decided that would be my third step to do.

My company bought several iMacs last year and nobody use Apple iRemote, so I have just borrowed one!

I was lucky to find appropriate USB MCE Receiver in one secondhand shop for a few €!

After Software install, "Remote Buddy" recognized the MCE Receiver immediately as "Philips® OVU4003"

and was ready to use!

post-292451-1267664444_thumb.jpg

In System Profiler under USB, Receiver is recognized as "eHome Infrared Transceiver" with ProductID 0x0815,

and VendorID 0x0471 (Philips Consumer Electronics).

But, I must confess that I tried several USB IrDA Dongles with MCS7780 Chipset, but without success.

I am satisfied with "Remote Buddy" Software witch support a huge list of hardware:

http://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/hardware/

Now I can play not only the Front row, this software allows you to use it with fast all Mac Software!

One step closer to original, again!

Cheers

QuattroFX

• 4 weeks later...

I have just successfully updated my SnowLeopard to 10.6.3 over software update without any problems!

Only ALC888 Audio need to be patched again!

Phoronix posted interesting article on Netkas.org about OpenGL performance decreases in 10.6.3 comparing to 10.6.2, but a lot of people confirm that seams to be opposite!!!

In my case several Benchmark tests showing 20% increase! I am doing some more tests, will reply it later.

post-292451-1270160863_thumb.png

thanks for this thread! i'm building a really similar build soon and all i need to find is an bluetooth and infared receiver

Edit: i just built mine and everything works perfectly! have infared, bluetooth, and wireless installed but my wireless is kinda crappy.. any recommendations for a wireless card?

• 1 month later...

Hey I am a total noob, too osx86, and I have tried too install it a few times, but I didn't succeed at all. So I was looking for my mother board and found your post, Im going too try that guide now! Thanks!

Hey I am a total noob, too osx86, and I have tried too install it a few times, but I didn't succeed at all. So I was looking for my mother board and found your post, Im going too try that guide now! Thanks!

Hi Azriah.M,

It would be good to write your Hardware Configuration as your Signature so that we can help you in the Future.

Cheers

QuattroFX

• 1 month later...

Update to 10.6.4 went smoothly, only AppleHDA, as usual, needs to be replaced with 10.6.2 one. :P

The same questions about Graphic performance amusing a lot of people. In my case, like with 10.6.3, I noticed a small increase in performance.. Just making some GPU & Benchmarks Tests (Cinebench, SmalluxGPU)... Will reply it later! :)

Cheers

QuattroFX

:D \Do you have any pic's of your case mod please

Yes, of course:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9936/snc00200l.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9489/snc00220.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7034/snc00216p.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8/snc00212in.jpg

It is captured with cellular Phone, quallity is not the best... :)

Hey quattrofx !!

I hav'nt setup up my Dual Boot system yet but.......

I went out and bought the new "Magic Mouse" & "Apple Wierless Keyboard" (AWK)

Using "Iogear" BT dungle everything works fine in SL Per your instructions.... ;)

In Win7 Mouse works Great!!

Keyboard is found under BT devises and trys to conect but wont......

Are you planning on buying this Keyboard in the future?

Also a note

Unless im just not setting somthing up in Bios

BT Keyboard useless in "chameleon"...........is that correct?

BR....HighwayTrucker

Hey quattrofx !!

I hav'nt setup up my Dual Boot system yet but.......

My suggestion: take a separate HD for second OS (Linux, Windows or OS-X)! Before install, disconnect Snow HD. After install connect Snow HD and make in Bios Snow HD as FIRST boot device! After first boot you must edit the com.apple.Boot.plist - add this two rows:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>

After that Chameleon recognize the new OS automatically and you will be able to choose between OS-X and second OS on next booting - you have 10s time to choose...

I went out and bought the new "Magic Mouse" & "Apple Wierless Keyboard" (AWK)

Using "Iogear" BT dungle everything works fine in SL Per your instructions.... :D

In Win7 Mouse works Great!!

Keyboard is found under BT devises and trys to conect but wont......

Are you planning on buying this Keyboard in the future?

No, I´m sorry, I am satisfied with Apple Alu Keyboard + Num block with USB Cable.

Also a note

Unless im just not setting somthing up in Bios

BT Keyboard useless in "chameleon"...........is that correct?

I cannot help you because i don´t have any experience with BT Keyboards.

BR....HighwayTrucker

BR

QuattroFX

Well I got it to work.....

windows 7 with the Apple wireless keyboard (finds Magic mouse just fine)

1) Switch off the keyboard

2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu

3) Switch on the keyboard (after few second it should get detected by windows)

4) Now, right click on the device (in the detection window) and select properties.

You should now get a window with the different services.

5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)

6) you must be online for windows updates to serch for the driver (may take several min)

6) After search is done close all windows and enjoy :(

Hope this helps someone

Regards HighwayTrucker

• 3 weeks later...

OK people,

I am using Adobe Premiere CS5 and Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB.

At the moment I am profiting only from Software Mercury playback engine without hardware acceleration.

To be able to use Hardware accelerated Mercury playback engine you need to have NVidia Card with CUDA Drivers.

Sooo, I decided to by one and my decision was GTX 470! But according to Adobe only this cards support Mercury:

GeForce GTX 285 (Windows and Mac OS)

Quadro FX 3800 (Windows)

Quadro FX 4800 (Windows and Mac OS)

Quadro FX 5800 (Windows)

Quadro CX

If you have some other Nvidia Card you can try this "hack":

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

and it will work. But how? Lot of people reporting dropped frames during rendering and another glitches, etc.....

Just google reports about, as i done.

Another thing - no appropriate drivers, no or maybe QE and CI, no OpenCL... and so one..

In Film & Video business you must go with minimum risk and have stabile system! First rule!

So I decided to by one GTX 285. I called my supplier and he had last one in stock : INNO 3D GTX 285 1GB...waiting for me! After 5-6h my iHack was on operation table: ATI out - NVidia in!!!

To be honest, I bought this card and came home in 1 hour, and rest 4 hours spend on WWW searching for right solution how to install GTX 285 on my system after ATI without problems: What kext and injector I need for NVidia, what needs to be deleted from ATI, should I use Efi, or inject over DSDT? Thousand questions and much less answers!!!

The Story begins now!!!

My insides:

Ok, my system Snow 10.6.4 should already have a support for GTX 285, and I am using Netkas EFI 10.6 witch has already Efi strings inside. (To be sure, I have downloaded newest Nvidia drivers, NVInject64 and Cuda 3.1 drivers, maybe I will need it later...will see..).

I have just replaced Ati with NVidia and rebooted...... And, voila, everything works perfect!

Dual 24" Monitoring, all resolutions, System Profiler shows everything right! After log-in first thing was to make some Tests.... OpenGL first:

post-292451-1280013174_thumb.jpg

post-292451-1280013166_thumb.png

It was amazing! Scores from ATI was:

post-292451-1280013184_thumb.png

To be able to make some more tests, i need to install Cuda drivers:

post-292451-1280013194_thumb.png

I was so excited (leaved test for later) and started Premiere CS5! Opened my last Footage with 4 camera Sequence

where my good old ATI HD 4870 was already overloaded, and? No need to render, everything playing smooth and easy! Every layer has Keying effect! Line is still yellow!

Wonted to be sure, under the Project preferences was chosen: "Mercury Playback engine Hardware Accelerated" !!!

As it should be! I have just started to play with this project adding more effects to see where will be the border of RT -

and suddenly my PC goes down!!! Rebooting without boot picture on both monitors! Opened my iHac and my new GTX 285 is dead!!! :poster_oops: I can not awake it from sleep!

Change my old ATI again and PC working again OK! First booting in Snow Leopard takes a little bit longer as usual.

Immediately after this disaster called my supplier to make an appointment for changing my card on monday if he can organize another one!

And now I am writing this with my good old ATI still in it!!!

But does anybody else have or had similar experience?

My PS is 600W with 2 x 18A (+12 / -12) - that can be less, maybe, or?

I will be posting news on monday.... :wacko:

Cheers

QuattroFX

Good news!

My GTX 285 was not dead! :) It was the Power Supply! According to NVidia you need at least 500 - 600W with 25A pro chanel for this card and my old one has only 18A!

So I bought new one LC-Power Metatron Prophecy 2 LC8750II V2.2, 750 Watt:

http://www.computertreff.net/detale.php?li...e,netzteile_atx

and that solved the problem, but only the first one!!! I could boot in Snow but as I told that it takes too long, that was

because my 1TB HD was damaged after that crash! I/O Error on Snow HD reporting my Win 7 !!!

Sooo, I was playing yesterday with my Clone drive and Time Maschine Backup over Migration assistant to bring my last working Image on new 500GB HD.

Now, I am writing this from that "new" one with GTX 285 full accelerated!

I must go to work, as soon as I came home I will forward some more TESTS!!!!

BR

QuattroFX

• 4 weeks later...

I installed Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

It updates the Nvidia drivers from 19.5.8f01 to: 19.5.9f02 and CUDA will prompt for an update with these drivers (if you have CUDA installed) but an update is not available yet. This issue is well known on NVidia Forum but till now

without solution.

In my case I loose hardware accelerated Mercury playback engine in Premiere CS5. And need to reinstall Aperture.

After that I reverted to old 19.5.8f01 Apple driver and everything is OK as before.

Good news!

Aperture Update is out and Newest CUDA Driver 3.1.14 is out!

So I installed Graphics Update 1.0 again and updated Aperture & CUDA. After Update

everything works OK, but after some more tests no significant increase noticed. :o

Cheers

QuattroFX

• 1 month later...

Hi people,

Just bought one "Alesis Q49 MIDI-Keyboard":

post-292451-1286706904_thumb.jpg

for my Postproduction Audio Projects.

Connected over USB and automatically recognized as Q49 under USB Devices with:

Model: Q49

ProductID: 0x0063

VendorID: 0x13b2

Speed: Up to 12Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Alesis

GarageBand and Logic 9 full support!

Full Info:

http://www.alesis.com/q49

Cheers

QuattroFX

• 1 month later...

Updated my System on 10.6.5 over Software Update without problems. As usual only AppleHDA needs to be reinstalled.

I have made some TESTS and can confirm a small increase in performance comparing to the state before:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1539683

State now:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1581361

Cheers

QuattroFX