Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 i7 920 PC-EFI 100% working x64

tinush

80 posts in this topic

thanks for the reply...i was looking at one that was not dual dvi...so now i have the right card on my list.

hopefully this will go pretty well in a couple weeks once i get all the stuff :thumbsup_anim:

I'm going to update the 3.4 pack because there are some dsdt memory error's.

U can use this dsdt but it needs to be compiled/recompiled on your system to work properly

T.

First post updated (new pack v3.5)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your sharing, Thijmus. I have a system that is working nicely except for sleep. BIOS settings good, I've tried all sorts of combinations of OpenHaltRestart and SleepEnabler for 10.6.2. It turns off and reboots when I try to start again.

I've replaced my dsdt with your latest. I think I decompiled/compiled it properly.

My Energy Saver preferences only show Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible and Allow poower button to put the computer to sleep. I had the restart after power failure option at one point, but it has disappereard.

Any ideas.

Even if you don't have time to answer, thanks again for the great information and your install script.

Cheers,

LeeD

Thanks so much for your sharing, Thijmus. I have a system that is working nicely except for sleep. BIOS settings good, I've tried all sorts of combinations of OpenHaltRestart and SleepEnabler for 10.6.2. It turns off and reboots when I try to start again.

I've replaced my dsdt with your latest. I think I decompiled/compiled it properly.

My Energy Saver preferences only show Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible and Allow poower button to put the computer to sleep. I had the restart after power failure option at one point, but it has disappereard.

Any ideas.

Even if you don't have time to answer, thanks again for the great information and your install script.

Cheers,

LeeD

Great to here you got it going.

The kext provided are the only files you need, the rest is done via dsdt (no need for a sleepenabler )

How does sleep fail, what happens?

If the option "start up automatically after a power failure" is missing then there's something wrong.

Did you start with fresh/clean install?

T.

Thijmus,

Thanks so much for your fine work. I recopied the latest set of your files (Ga_x58_ud5_OSx86_files_only_Thijmus_v2.7.zip), decompiled/compiled DSDT.aml and modified plists for my system specifics. Everything is now working including ethernet and sleep (yes!) I can't wake with the mouse, but I am fine with waking with the power button. When you come to Los Angeles I'll buy you a beer.

:D

LeeD

Thijmus,

Thanks so much for your fine work. I recopied the latest set of your files (Ga_x58_ud5_OSx86_files_only_Thijmus_v2.7.zip), decompiled/compiled DSDT.aml and modified plists for my system specifics. Everything is now working including ethernet and sleep (yes!) I can't wake with the mouse, but I am fine with waking with the power button. When you come to Los Angeles I'll buy you a beer.

:happymac:

LeeD

That's great to hear....

Sometimes it's hard to believe that it running so fine

Can you test a bios setting for me to see if you can get wake from sleep working with mouse or keyboard (see pic below)

Set PME event wake-up enabled

T

post-157612-1265545185_thumb.jpeg

Hi,

I currently have PME event wake-up set to enabled. I can't wake with keyboard or mouse. Power button will wake from sleep. I can also wake using my MacBook Pro over the network with Wake on Lan. With PME event enabled the option to wake after power failure disappears from the Power Savings preferences.

Lee

That's great to hear....

Sometimes it's hard to believe that it running so fine

Can you test a bios setting for me to see if you can get wake from sleep working with mouse or keyboard (see pic below)

Set PME event wake-up enabled

T

Hi,

I currently have PME event wake-up set to enabled. I can't wake with keyboard or mouse. Power button will wake from sleep. I can also wake using my MacBook Pro over the network with Wake on Lan. With PME event enabled the option to wake after power failure disappears from the Power Savings preferences.

Lee

weird, for my ga-eg45m-ud2h i need that option enabled to get wake from mouse or keyboard, but for the ga-ex58-ud5 it works without....

Don't kwon why, are you using bluetooth?

T.

Hi Thijmus,

No bluetooth.

I only have two options to check in Energy Saver with PME enabled or disabled (see attachment). The computer will wake over the LAN even if wake by PME event is turned off in BIOS.

I can't get the computer to wake by mouse or keyboard. No problem for me as the power button is within easy reach and is working fine to wake the computer.

The computer also won't sleep by itself when the time set in Energy Saver is reached. I have to manually sleep the computer.

Next thing for me is to try to edit the dsdt to include my graphics card information.

Also, iTunes won't connect to my Airport Express. I'm getting around that by using AirFoil which will connect.

Thanks again for your work.

LD

weird, for my ga-eg45m-ud2h i need that option enabled to get wake from mouse or keyboard, but for the ga-ex58-ud5 it works without....

Don't kwon why, are you using bluetooth?

T.

post-560861-1265741107_thumb.png

Hi Thijmus,

No bluetooth.

I only have two options to check in Energy Saver with PME enabled or disabled (see attachment). The computer will wake over the LAN even if wake by PME event is turned off in BIOS.

I can't get the computer to wake by mouse or keyboard. No problem for me as the power button is within easy reach and is working fine to wake the computer.

The computer also won't sleep by itself when the time set in Energy Saver is reached. I have to manually sleep the computer.

Next thing for me is to try to edit the dsdt to include my graphics card information.

Also, iTunes won't connect to my Airport Express. I'm getting around that by using AirFoil which will connect.

Thanks again for your work.

LD

ok so then m/k wake is not bios related.

for sleep you can uncheck "put harddisk to sleep" to see if it's dvd related or unplug it

the dsdt info for nvidia card's (all versions/1gb) is in the first post, let me now what you can find (i know where to put it for a single pci-e solution but not for sli)

as for itunes check insanelymac rtlr1000sl.kext topic if there's a solution

T.

hi thijmus,

heres a link for patching the dsdt to enable 5.1 surround sound without the need for hdaenabler:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-alc88...surround-t3746/

EDIT: see post 65

i use my ud5 based hackintosh for as a DAW, and find that HDAEnabler adds more noise if you crank up the volume on

an external amp

heres a link that has loads of cool stuff to add to the dsdt:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196771

i know that you know about the audio stuff, but you may/ may not have read doods dsdt post

thanks for your work!

hi thijmus,

heres a link for patching the dsdt to enable 5.1 surround sound without the need for hdaenabler:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-alc88...surround-t3746/

i use my ud5 based hackintosh for as a DAW, and find that HDAEnabler adds more noise if you crank up the volume on

an external amp

heres a link that has loads of cool stuff to add to the dsdt:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196771

i know that you know about the audio stuff, but you may/ may not have read doods dsdt post

thanks for your work!

Thnx for the info, i appreciate that.

I can't do any development for this board because it belongs to a friend, i only had 2 day's to get it fully working (system build, dsdt, all kext/drivers, install Snow/Win 7 & testing)

T.

• 2 weeks later...

hi thijmus + co, for EX58-UD5 analog 5.1 surround sound, faster boot times and no HDAEnabler.kext squeaking

1.change any AZAL references in dsdt to HDEF (also make sure you have DTGP Method entry in DSDT)

2.put this in dsdt, overwriting the Device (AZAL) or Device (HDEF) section:

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x04)
                       {
                           "layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (Zero) {}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

Name (BUFA, ResourceTemplate ()
           {
               IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
                   {3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15}
           })
           Name (BUFB, ResourceTemplate ()
           {
               IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
                   {}
           })
           CreateWordField (BUFB, One, IRQV)
           Device (LNKA)
           {
               Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0F"))
               Name (_UID, One)
               Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   And (PIRA, 0x80, Local0)
                   If (LEqual (Local0, 0x80))
                   {
                       Return (0x09)
                   }
                   Else
                   {
                       Return (0x0B)
                   }
               }

Method (_PRS, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (BUFA)
               }

Method (_DIS, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Or (PIRA, 0x80, PIRA)
               }

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   And (PIRA, 0x0F, Local0)
                   ShiftLeft (One, Local0, IRQV)
                   Return (BUFB)
               }

Method (_SRS, 1, NotSerialized)
               {
                   CreateWordField (Arg0, One, IRQ1)
                   FindSetRightBit (IRQ1, Local0)
                   Decrement (Local0)
                   Store (Local0, PIRA)
               }
           }

3. get this patcher: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=67616

after youve successfully booted and updated snow leopard use the patcher to patch your AppleHDA.kext

(then install it with kextutility or kexthelper)

if subsequent updates break sound, all you need to do is use the patcher again and install the resulting AppleHDA.kext

for an example dsdt, and generally more info, go here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1416418

hopefully this will help someone out.. its related to the mobo/cpu but not to this threads instructions.

i just setup the ga-ex58-ud5 w/ i7 920 and a GTX260 video card.

i used the latest empire efi to boot the install dvd... ran the install. once in the OS everything except audio was working. i ran the latest myhack installer with default options rebooted. and installed the kexts for this mobo through kext utility. rebooted and everything works as normal. sleep works, video, firewire, etc. everything. nothing left out.

just a heads up for anyone new to hackintosh. this method couldn't get any simpler. im still new myself so i dont understand DSDT's or anything yet.

this was done on a 10.6 retail osx dvd, and it updated to 10.6.2 no issues.

hopefully this will help someone out.. its related to the mobo/cpu but not to this threads instructions.

i just setup the ga-ex58-ud5 w/ i7 920 and a GTX260 video card.

i used the latest empire efi to boot the install dvd... ran the install. once in the OS everything except audio was working. i ran the latest myhack installer with default options rebooted. and installed the kexts for this mobo through kext utility. rebooted and everything works as normal. sleep works, video, firewire, etc. everything. nothing left out.

just a heads up for anyone new to hackintosh. this method couldn't get any simpler. im still new myself so i dont understand DSDT's or anything yet.

this was done on a 10.6 retail osx dvd, and it updated to 10.6.2 no issues.

superb to hear you got i going

T

Hi Thijmus,

can u tell me plz....Can works this Guide also with a 285 GTX with 1 GB RAM ??

Thank you.

IAN

it probably does work with 285, as it uses PC_EFI has a GraphicsEnabler that works for a lot of cards. if it doesnt work, you will need to make an efi string for your graphics card. just google something like 'efi string GTX285 snow leopard'

Hi Thijmus,

can u tell me plz....Can works this Guide also with a 285 GTX with 1 GB RAM ??

Thank you.

IAN

ANARCHiNTOSH is right, any nvidia 8xxx and above work with Pc-Efi bootloader from Netkas

T

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Thijmus,

Any tips on upgrading to 10.6.3? Your installer worked so well for me that I don't have much understanding of how it works.

I'm getting a kernel panic when i run the 10.6.3 combo update. I reboot and can finish the install. Sound, networking and sleep are all working when I reboot, but I'm getting kernel panics after 5-30 minutes of runtime.

GA-EX58-UD5 i7 920 with Nvidia GTS250 1GB and 12 GB corsair ram.

Thanks!

LD

post-560861-1270323901_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Thijmus,

Any tips on upgrading to 10.6.3? Your installer worked so well for me that I don't have much understanding of how it works.

I'm getting a kernel panic when i run the 10.6.3 combo update. I reboot and can finish the install. Sound, networking and sleep are all working when I reboot, but I'm getting kernel panics after 5-30 minutes of runtime.

GA-EX58-UD5 i7 920 with Nvidia GTS250 1GB and 12 GB corsair ram.

Thanks!

LD

post-560861-1270323901_thumb.jpg

hmmm. i'm not sure at this point

This week i'm going to update his board so then i can see if he has the same kp

T

edit. can you check to what model your system is set (macpro 3.1/4.1)

hmmm. i'm not sure at this point

This week i'm going to update his board so then i can see if he has the same kp

T

edit. can you check to what model your system is set (macpro 3.1/4.1)

MacPro3,1

I am overclocking as well, running at 3.8 GHz. System seems stable, though. It was strange that I started experiencing kernel panics during the install.

LD

MacPro3,1

I am overclocking as well, running at 3.8 GHz. System seems stable, though. It was strange that I started experiencing kernel panics during the install.

LD

3.1 is ok, did you use software update or downloaded the install

btw there's a new one to manual download

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215482

get back when updated

T